SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Setting The Record Straight?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: More Setting The Record Straight? Reply with quote

I don't know about you, but I'm always on the lookout for signs of an evolution in the prevailing (and therefore acceptable) liberal/leftist dogma on the SVPT story.

One such dictum, formulated in the immediate throws of leftist angst at Kerry's loss, held that the SVPT, while a legitimate annoyance, actually had little effect on the outcome of the election. If, after all, the SVPT were deemed instrumental in Kerry's loss, you would then face the rather unpalatable prospect of actually explaining a rationale behind that effectiveness. Much simpler to dismiss them as odious, but inconsequential nonetheless.

That particular dictum appears to be yielding to the passage of time and, perhaps, some semblance of liberal/leftist capitulation to reality.

Here's one from Alter.net, a catch-all for leftist web content...

Quote:
GOPcrazy: Stop the Angry Mob
The conservative mob scare tactic isn’t new. Let's stop it in its tracks.
Posted by John Sellers
Alter-net
August 19, 2009

In 2004, the ‘Swiftboat Veterans for Truth’ led the right-wing vitriol towards John Kerry, winning Bush yet another 4 years of mayhem.

Alter-net

and another from (of all places) MSNBC...

Quote:
FIRST READ
The first place for key political news and analysis
NBC News Political Unit
Thursday, August 20, 2009

*** The dog days of August: ...But Augusts also have been unkind to other recent presidents and presidential candidates...And it was the Swift-boat campaign of August 2004 that crushed John Kerry's presidential campaign.

MSNBC

I'd say that's progress. Maybe one day they'll get around to actually figuring out why.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe one day they'll get around to actually figuring out why.

I doubt they will ever figure it out.

First, they'd have to understand how wrong they have been for 4 decades now.

Perhaps if they looked inisde of Kerry's record, as we all wanted to do, they'd see who was right. But they accepted him at face value and fell for his rhetoric.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the dead armadillo in the middle of the road may not be able to explain how he got run over, but everyone passing by will have to admit to the fact that he is still roadkill.

Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People without the concept of personal honor and the brotherhood of military men are unlikely to ever understand what the SVPT was all about.

And if they never figure it out, who cares? Let them go through life dumb as a box of rocks. Wink

Hanoi John Kerry knows what it was about, and that's what counts. Laughing
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Lew....it's getting on 50 years that the left have been in denial;

and Tews....Pretty sure that sKerry has been a communist his whole life, too! so other than the sweet smell of defeat, like the Armadillo, he's still not sure what hit him! That said I would like to hear any Democrat ask the age old (but never asked) question: " Why do the people I elect continue to screw me?" Perhaps this administration (like Kerry's would have) will see a change in that blind sheep vote if the current crop of 'sheared masses' start using their brains!
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The times they are "a-changing". Maybe this will be the "Bridge too far" that wakes the "sleeping giant".
...hey, honey, I'm posting a message...what's the word "cliche" mean? Oh, you mean like all the phrases Prez "hope and change" used to fool the people into electing him?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tews, looking at townhalls across the country, it does appear that 'sleeping giant' is stirring.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'bout time. My finger is swollen to the size of a cucumber plugging the hole in this dike...
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Wiper wrote:
People without the concept of personal honor and the brotherhood of military men are unlikely to ever understand what the SVPT was all about

I think "without the concept of personal honor" alone is the root problem behind the inability of the left to understand what the SVPT was all about.

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: