SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama...U.S. 'Determined' to Combat Climate Change...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Obama...U.S. 'Determined' to Combat Climate Change... Reply with quote

This is pretty disgusting. Leftist gaia worshippers are about to castrate our economic system so they can "save the earth"... all based on junk "science" propagated by a cabal that stands to make BILLIONS off the ancillary "green economy". Has everyone gone NUTS?

And what does our GOP house "leader" spout? Does he decry the junk science behind this insanity? Nope..."it'll cost too much" Rolling Eyes

WAKE THE HELL UP BOEHNER !

Quote:
Obama Says U.S. 'Determined' to Combat Climate Change, Despite Senate Delay
A failure to address climate change could create an "irreversible catastrophe," President Obama warns in a speech at the United Nations.
FOXNews.com
Tuesday, September 22, 2009

<snip>

House Minority Leader John Boehner repeated Republicans' concerns with the climate change legislation under consideration Tuesday, warning that it will cost American families hundreds extra in energy costs.

"Out-of-touch Washington Democrats don't seem to get it," he said in a written statement. "Middle-class families and small businesses are struggling, and they shouldn't be punished with costly legislation that will increase electricity bills, raise gasoline prices, and ship more American jobs overseas to places like China and India."

FOX News
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like both parties are parties of "NO!"...no brains, no guts, no vision, and NO RIGHTS FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE....They are also the parties of "No KNOW"!

...maybe they should have taken in Sarah Palin's speech in Hong Kong....
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...from Gateway Pundit....

Quote:

Hero Czech President: UN Climate Meeting Was Propaganda

The 2009 arctic sea ice exceeded the 2005 sea ice extent.

A voice of reason among the climate change clowns...
Czech President Vaclav Klaus condemned the UN climate change meeting on Tuesday as undignified propaganda.
Reuters reported:

Czech President Vaclav Klaus sharply criticized a U.N. meeting on climate change on Tuesday at which U.S. President Barack Obama was among the top speakers, describing it as propagandistic and undignified.

"It was sad and it was frustrating," said Klaus, one of the world's most vocal skeptics on the topic of global warming.

"It's a propagandistic exercise where 13-year-old girls from some far-away country perform a pre-rehearsed poem," he said. "It's simply not dignified."

At the opening of the summit attended by nearly 100 world leaders, 13-year-old Yugratna Srivastava of India told the audience that governments were not doing enough to combat the threat of climate change.

Klaus said there were increasing doubts in the scientific community about whether humans are causing changes in the climate or whether the changes are simply naturally occurring phenomena.
Another hero Sen. James Inhofe (R., Okla.) says he will send a "truth squad" to the Copenhagen global climate change meetings later this year.

Related... Cuban Marxist Fidel Castro praised Barack Obama's brave speech on the manmade global warming hoax.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to the point to where on the next election day, if it says Incumbent I'm gonna vote for the other guy.
Except for Louie Gohmert from Tx. and a couple others.

As far as the Man made global warming scam, I have an acronym I made up for it.
ITSS

Stands for, "It's the Sun, stupid."
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
I'm about to the point to where on the next election day, if it says Incumbent I'm gonna vote for the other guy.

...and I may move to Oklahoma to vote for Inhofe.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A stunning admission earlier this year that went largely ignored,

Quote:
Arctic Sea Ice Underestimated for Weeks Due to Faulty Sensor

By Alex Morales
Feb. 20 (Bloomberg) -- A glitch in satellite sensors caused scientists to underestimate the extent of Arctic sea ice by 500,000 square kilometers (193,000 square miles), a California- size area, the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center said.
The error, due to a problem called “sensor drift,” began in early January and caused a slowly growing underestimation of sea ice extent until mid-February. That’s when “puzzled readers” alerted the NSIDC about data showing ice-covered areas as stretches of open ocean, the Boulder, Colorado-based group said on its Web site.

And yet, they still claim the ice is "retreating."
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew, good news for polar bears = bad news for global warmists...

LewWaters wrote:
And yet, they still claim the ice is "retreating."

Well, what's a gaia worshipper to do when an "inconvenient truth" begins to melt ideological dogma? Simply ignore the implication and accentuate the positive, of course...

Quote:
Arctic sea ice at third lowest level
Sea ice cover in the Arctic Ocean reached the third lowest level on record last year, according to the latest Nasa statistics.
By Louise Gray, Environment Correspondent
Published: 7:20PM BST 17 Sep 2009

<snip enviro-whacko justification for her paycheck>

The Telegraph - cont'd

Yet even one of the most addle-brained organizations among the enviro-obsessed "greens" is being dragged, kicking and screaming, towards some semblance of reality-based thought...

Quote:
Arctic Ice to Last Decades Longer Than Thought?
Ker Than
for National Geographic News
September 21, 2009

This year's cooler-than-expected summer means the Arctic probably won't experience ice-free summers until 2030 or 2040, scientists say.

Some models had previously predicted that the Arctic could be ice free in summer by as soon as 2013, due to rising temperatures from global warming.

(me#1/insert obligatory polar bear arctic picture)

However, that scenario required Arctic sea ice to shrink at the record-setting pace of summer 2007, when sea ice coverage dropped to 1.6 million square miles (4.13 million square kilometers), said Walter Meier, a scientist at the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center in Boulder, Colorado.

This summer Arctic sea ice shrank to only 1.97 square miles (5.1 million square kilometers). The 2009 drop is still the third largest on record, but it's not as big as some scientists had feared.

National Geographic - cont'd

"Some models had previously predicted that the Arctic could be ice free in summer by as soon as 2013."

...and were undoubtedly trumpeted by Gore and other assorted enviro-whackos.

I haven't yet completely given up hope.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more, #1, it's make the studies and models fit the conclusion.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll find out what "Global Warming" and "Climate Change" really mean someday when they shuffle off this mortal coil and land in HELL ...where they belong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: