SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama wins Nobel Peace prize

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greasepaint
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Obama wins Nobel Peace prize Reply with quote

for his work as a
Chicago civic activist.

how wonderful
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The message sent by this leftist-ideology obsessed joke of an organization is a clear one...

Quote:
Thanks to Obama's initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting.

Obama is fully expected to push this "climate change" trojan horse through the gates of American sovereignty...and who else but this forum's favorite son to spearhead this unvarnished assault on America's freedom.

Andy McCarthy, at "The Corner", notes...

Quote:
The transnational progressives who pass out these accolades believe America is the problem in the world, the main threat to peace, the impediment to "progress," etc. The award is a symbolic statement of opposition to American exceptionalism, American might, American capitalism, American self-determinism, and American pursuit of America's interests in the world. That is why Obama could win it based on only ten days in office — merely by capturing the White House and the levers of power, he stands to do more for the Left's "knock America off its pedestal" program than any figure in history.

The Corner
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier this morning I felt Obama totally undeserving of this 'award.'

However, seeing what appears to be the historical criteria for receiving the "prize," it seems completely appropriate to me now.

Last edited by LewWaters on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not real, somebody pinch me! Shocked
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't it have been Bill Clinton to have won a "piece" prize?

Twisted Evil
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Quotes courtesy of Gatewaypundit blog:

ARAFAT-- CARTER-- GORACLE-- OBAMA

...from a poster -- "Obama is becoming Jimmy Carter faster than Jimmy Carter did."

Joe Scarborough -- "Too funny! Obama wins the peace prize on the same day we bombed the moon."

John Bolton -- "Obama can add this to his Men's Health Award for "Top Fittest Male" (while smoking) and his Grammy for spoken word."...uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh........

Darrell Issa -- "Let's Give Obama an ESPY for Pickup B-Ball, Too!" ...don't forget that "fastball" he fired at the All Star Game....

.....Vote For Infanticide --- Win a Nobel Peace Prize....
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on creating cheap, safe, COLD FUSION.

I plan on curing CANCER.

I plan on balancing the budget, expanding entitlements and making the dollar the most stable currency in the world.

I plan on completely disarming our nuclear arsenal and reducing our military to 10% of the current manning.

Hmmm, now that I have all these liberal plans, can I win the Nobel too?

I would say it will be a cold day in Hell before it happens but Al Gore's global warming may bring that to fruition this winter Twisted Evil
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Earlier this morning I felt Obama totally undeserving of this 'award.'

However, seeing what appears to be the historical criteria for receiving the "prize," it seems completely appropriate to me now.

The Peace Prize isn't the only mistake recently. The economist who came up with the mortgage derivatives concept that played a major role in the financial meltdown last year received the Prize in Economics.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of us who served in Vietnam have negative attitudes toward North Vietnamese peace negotiator Le Duc Tho, but at least he was honorable enough to reject a Peace Prize for a peace agreement he knew his government didn't plan to honor.

If President Barack Obama were an honorable man he would have followed Le Duc Tho's example set in 1973 and refused the Nobel Peace Prize.

It is inconceivable that the Commander in Chief of a nation whose troops are actively engaged in armed combat should be awarded a peace prize. I happen to support the U.S. role in both conflicts, but recognize that involvement in war is inconsistent with receiving the Nobel Prize.

If Obama has made an "extraordinary effort" for peace, why are Americans still dying in Iraq and Afghanistan? How is the practice of Americans killing Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan an example of "reaching out" to the Muslim world? Is the Nobel Prize Committee demonstrating racism by seemingly suggesting that the killing of Muslims is insignificant?

Whether or not the American role in Iraq and Afghanistan is justified or not, that role is not a role of peace, but of war. Peaceful resolution of these conflicts may not be possible, but peaceful resolution of conflicts is what the Peace Prize should be about.

The Nobel Committee awarded the 1973 Peace Prize to Tho and Henry Kissinger for the work on the Paris Peace Agreement designed to end U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War. Tho refused to accept the award because he realized his nation had not abandoned its goal of uniting Vietnam by force if necessary. Kissinger initially accepted it but subsequently attempted unsuccessfully to return it.

Tho and Kissinger at least had done something that could qualify them for consideration. Obama has done nothing but talk.

Obama has not ended any war as President Theodore Roosevelt had when Roosevelt received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1906 for helping negotiate an end to the Russo-Japanese War. Many questioned the decision to give the award to Roosevelt because American military forces were dealing with a violent rebellion in the Philippines.

Whether or not the American role in Iraq and Afghanistan is justified or not, that role is not a role of peace, but of war. Peaceful resolution of these conflicts may not be possible, but peaceful resolution of conflicts is what the Peace Prize should be about.

President Obama should not accept a Peace Prize so long as these conflicts are going on.
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: