SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry: Obama would be "irresponsible" to send more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Kerry: Obama would be "irresponsible" to send more Reply with quote

From CNN Politcal Ticker

Quote:
Kerry: Obama would be "irresponsible" to send more troops to Afghanistan now

WASHINGTON (CNN)– Sen. John Kerry cautioned President Obama Saturday against raising troop levels in Afghanistan, saying it would be "entirely irresponsible" to do so while the Afghan government remains in turmoil following national elections.

"It would be entirely irresponsible for the president of the United States to commit more troops to this country, when we don't even have an election finished and know who the president is and what kind of government we're working in, with," Kerry told CNN's John King in an interview set to air Sunday at 9 a.m. on State of The Union.

Speaking from Afghanistan, Kerry, who is Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said the U.S. should listen to the advice of Gen. Stanley McChrystal, the top U.S. commander in that country.

Uh, wasn't it General McChrystal that said he needed the additional Troops?

McChrystal: More Forces or ‘Mission Failure’

So, is this another Kerryism, we actually should listen to the general's advice before we ignore the general's advice?

Last edited by LewWaters on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone even listening to Kerry, any more? Even his own brand of moonbat ignores him.

Meanwhile, this is one of the most frustrating situations in the world. Our military has got all the skill and materiel in the world but our people are dying in Afghanistan because the politicians (including the ones in the Pentagon!) won't put enough troops on the ground.

Before we went into Afghanistan, our military leaders somehow underestimated what they would need and the mission was hampered from the beginning. Suspicious, yes, but it happened, it's done.

Clean it up! Fix it! What are we waiting for?

It's absolutely sickening that we're allowing a bunch of ragtag hoodlums to pick our kids off and impede our mission like this. Send the manpower and materiel now and sort out your political debates later, when we don't have men dying for your delay!
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Kerry: Obama would be "Irresponsible" to send more Reply with quote

Would anyone expect anything else from Kerry? Shades of another war he helped mess up. Don't like to use the word lost rather say we left.

rhv5862
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're making the same mistakes in Afghanistan that we did in Vietnam.

Giving the enemy a santuary they can retreat to and be safe.
Going on the defensive instead of a "pursue and destroy" strategy.
The know-nothing political morons in Washington D.C. are setting the strategy and imposing ROE instead of letting the military make the decisions.
Worrying more about the cost and "popularity" of the war than winning it.

They're well on the road to another "defeat".

John Kerry would be better sticking with windsurfing and chasing rich widows than making military statements. He seems to know more about that aspect of being "successful".
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King of the appeasers speaks !!! John Kerry strikes again.

Maybe can get his name in the afgan Hall of Honor.

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

from an unsigned diary recovered from Cabanatuan Camp
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it? Are our memories so short now that events of even just 2 years ago are forgotten?

You hear it all over the news - the war in Afghanistan is lost, its a quagmire, there is no reason to expend more resources there since it is a lost cause. All of this because the general on the ground has requested more troops.

Hmmm, seems to me if you simply swapped the names of McCrystal and Petraeus and didn't mention the country, we could have a replay of just those 2 years ago.

I'm really hoping Harry Reid will say "The war is lost" again so they'll get the troops and be allowed to accomplish the mission.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to be sick.

Five years on, Senator Kerry makes comeback

Quote:
At the Foreign Relations Committee, Kerry has gone full circle, from witness to chairman.

As a decorated combat veteran of the Vietnam War in 1971, Kerry testified before the panel in opposition to that war.

Kerry was in Afghanistan to review the war there with U.S. military brass and soldiers in the field.

"I've asked to meet with guys who are out there slogging it out," Kerry said before he left Washington last week. "I want to hear what they have to say."

I have to ask, why? He never wanted to hear what we had to say in 1971.

Will he recreate the Fulbright Commission to give the IVAW their voice and sell out America again?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Will he recreate the Fulbright Commission to give the IVAW their voice and sell out America again?

My bet is (and, perhaps, my hope is) Kerry's bombastic ego is finding it impossible to contain the visions of theatrical self-adulation it would serve up on a platter. There's no doubt (and I mean NO doubt) that the idea hasn't already been seriously considered and addressed within his inner circle.

That being said (and in the spirit of accentuating the positive), unless and until the prevailing Iraq/Afghanistan situation opens a window of opportunity for him, he wouldn't have the cajones to unilaterally spearhead (cough) "hearings" that might evolve into or be interpreted as being critical of "The One's" war policy.

Obama would snuff out Kerry's political light in a Chicago minute as the smarmy opportunistic fraud that Kerry is.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
LewWaters wrote:

My bet is (and, perhaps, my hope is) Kerry's bombastic ego is finding it impossible to contain the visions of theatrical self-adulation it would serve up on a platter. There's no doubt (and I mean NO doubt) that the idea hasn't already been seriously considered and addressed within his inner circle.

That being said (and in the spirit of accentuating the positive), unless and until the prevailing Iraq/Afghanistan situation opens a window of opportunity for him, he wouldn't have the cajones to unilaterally spearhead (cough) "hearings" that might evolve into or be interpreted as being critical of "The One's" war policy.

Obama would snuff out Kerry's political light in a Chicago minute as the smarmy opportunistic fraud that Kerry is.

In the words of my hero, Slip Mahoney, "leave us not forget" that Obama is as much a fraud as anyone in war and military matters. That is NOT an endorsement of John "F"ing Kerry, but more of an honest look at the radical Left, and those with no gravitas of their own, which absolutely includes Obama. He is every bit as clueless as Kerry, IMO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: