SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Alter: "Kerry Lets Himself Get Swift-Boated" Reply with quote

Like, he had a choice?

Via "Newsbusters", Kerry's ineffective damage-control in attempting to counter the devastating attack by the SVPT has made #2 in Newsweek's "Top 10 Tactical Blunders of the Decade" (penned by Jonathan Alter). Despite further evidence of the left's need to paint the SVPT victory as a triumph of circumstance over fact, Alter (perhaps unknowingly) puts to rest another of the left's canards...that Kerry, ultimately, "personally" responded to the charges. Perhaps a small victory...but progress as I see it...

Quote:
#2 - Kerry Lets Himself Get Swift-Boated
By Jonathan Alter

The Kerry campaign chose to respond to the charges with surrogates rather than the candidate himself—a terrible tactical error. Instead of disappearing, as the campaign hoped, the story snowballed amid the controversy.

Newsweek - cont'd
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry had the ability to shatter any and all claims of the Swifties all along and still refuses to do so.

All he ever needed to do was fully open his complete and entire Military Record for public view.

Any false claims the guys made would have been exposed immediately.

Perhaps there is a reason he still doesn't?

The Swifties spoke the truth and Kerry knows it.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Kerry had the ability to shatter any and all claims of the Swifties all along and still refuses to do so.

Easy there Lew...let's not overstate the case Wink

While unfettered access to Kerry's records might well open some previously closed doors, much of Kerry's now-historical indictment (perhaps even the bulk) might not be impacted at all via release of those records.

That being said, it doesn't take a fifth-grader (is a fifth-grader smarter than Jonathan Alter?) to understand that, in weighing the ramifications of release versus non-release, there's something in there that Kerry would much prefer to keep buried...and probably would have cost him his political after-life to say nothing of the presidency.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
LewWaters wrote:

Perhaps "opportunity" would be more accurate. For that matter, he still does, but as #1 points out, it would probably cost him far more than he would gain. I'll cheerfully concede changing a "happy" to "glad" in one of the Swiftvets's claims for one peek at Kerry's "Less than honorable" discharge....(am I supposed to say "alleged"?) Wink
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as long as we're supposin', I'd like to see if there's a record of any congressional intercession in the award of PH #1.

Stephen Braun of the LA Times alluded to as yet unseen "other documents" painting a "less flattering portrait of Kerry"...known but to Kerry, 3 reporters, probably a select few insiders...and God...none of whom are talking....

Kerry Makes His Military, Medical File Available

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWS, you're right, "opportunity" would have been a better word choice.

As for Kerry's record release, Patterico had quite a bit to say bout it back then too.

Patterico.com
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Bill Cunningham would put it, it's time to get an honest, unbiased investigative journalist to "put the cheese on the cracker" and put Kerry under oath and let the world decide who was telling the truth...and not let him "revise and extend" his lies after his statement is taken.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: