SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Climate talk collapse better for planet...Hansen"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: "Climate talk collapse better for planet...Hansen" Reply with quote

If you think the global warmists aren't in a panic now, the sky is now apparently falling over Copenhagen and its wealth redistributors according to James Hansen, high mufti of the AGW scam. As an advocate of direct taxing of energy use rather than Al Gore's get-rich-quick "cap and tax" scheme, Hansen now wants to drop back and punt on Copenhagen.

Wasn't it too long ago we were being advised that AGW would soon pass beyond the point of no return, insuring our collective doom?

At any rate, I'll take particular delight in watching Jean Fraud, Gore's opportunist-in-chief, leading the US delegation of Henny Pennys to what now appears will be more of a quasi-religious "requiem" as opposed to the long-anticipated, leftist "confirmation"...

Quote:
Climate talk collapse better for planet: NASA's Hansen
by Kylie MacLellan
Reuters
Dec 3, 2009

LONDON (Reuters) - The planet would be better off if the forthcoming Copenhagen climate change talks ended in collapse, according to a leading U.S. scientist who helped alert the world to dangers of global warming.

Any agreement likely to emerge from the negotiations would be so deeply flawed, said James Hansen, that it would be better for future generations if we were to start again from scratch.

"I would rather it not happen if people accept that as being the right track because it's a disaster track," Hansen, who heads the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York, told the Guardian newspaper.

"The whole approach is so fundamentally wrong that it is better to reassess the situation. If it is going to be the Kyoto-type thing then will spend years trying to determine exactly what that means."

On Wednesday China and other big developing nations rejected core targets for a climate deal proposed by the Danish hosts in a draft text, such as halving world greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.

Developing nations want richer countries to do much more to cut their emissions now before they agree to global emissions targets which they fear may shift the burden of action to them and hinder their economic growth.

Hansen is strongly opposed to carbon market schemes, in which permits to pollute are bought and sold, seen by the European Union and other governments as the most efficient way to cut emissions and move to a new clean energy economy.

Hansen opposes U.S. President Barack Obama's plans for a cap and trade system for carbon emissions in the United States, preferring a tax on energy use.

Tackling climate change does not allow room for the compromises that govern the world of politics, Hansen said.

"This is analogous to the issue of slavery faced by Abraham Lincoln or the issue of Nazism faced by Winston Churchill," he said. "On those kind of issues you cannot compromise. You can't say let's reduce slavery, let's find a compromise and reduce it 50 percent or reduce it 40 percent."

"We don't have a leader who is able to grasp it and say what is really needed," he added.

Reuters
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Algore has cancelled his speech scheduled for Copenhagen. The rats are deserting the ship...................
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT! So what am I supposed to do with the $1200 I had saved up to pay for an Owlgore handshake?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
WHAT! So what am I supposed to do with the $1200 I had saved up to pay for an Owlgore handshake?

Be glad that you've not yet sent it in? Twisted Evil
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? You were going to spend $1200 on something other than carbon credits???? Wink
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but, but, but, my new friend and business partner, the Honorable Muckwandi Koooltaba, brother of the late Generalisimo Gwandsamba Koooltaba, told me in that email I got (don't let this out) that if I would purchase the "Handshake Credits" through his agency, I would receive also $1,000,000,000,000,000 in "carbon credits" (even useable on my backyard barbecue grill) PLUS a coupon allowing me to buy one of the approved-for-use-in-Kalefornia BIGGIE flatscreen TVs. It had the official seal of the United State of Zimbabwe...so it HAD to be official, right?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the "Too Rich for Words Dept.", conservative members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have called for Algore to return his Oscar in light of recent revelations concerning fraud in the making of his farce, er film, " An Inconvenient Truth".

Bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha! Laughing

link: LA Times (me#1)
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he could get John Fraud Kerry to toss it back over their fence.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: