SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Blackwater Did Rescue Alan Grayson"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: "Blackwater Did Rescue Alan Grayson" Reply with quote

If there's a more arrogant, smarmy leftist pol than Alan Grayson (besides, of course, Smarm Emeritus, Jean Fraud), I have yet to make his acquaintance. Like Chris Matthews, the following sends tingles of absolute delight coursing up my legs.

From The Feed at National Review, a story last updated by "Mother Jones" below...

Quote:
Blackwater Did Rescue Alan Grayson
By Daniel Schulman
Wed Feb. 24, 2010 2:10 PM PST.

Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.), who made his substantial fortune by suing military contractors and later lambasted them as a lawmmaker, was indeed evacuated from Niger by personnel working for Xe Services (the private security empire formerly known as Blackwater), his spokesman confirms.

Earlier today I reported on the testimony of Fred Roitz, an executive vice president at Xe, at a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing on Blackwater subsidiary Paravant. In his prepared remarks, he stated: "Xe Services, through its subsidiary Presidential Airways, provides aviation support and medevac services to Defense Department personnel in Africa. Just last week, our personnel evacuated a congressman from Niger during civil unrest."

This sure seemed to fit the description of Grayson, who was traveling in the country last week when a military coup erupted. The lawmaker was quickly evacuated out the country to neighborhing Burkina Faso. "The flight was arranged through the State Department," Todd Jukowski, Grayson's spokesman, told me. "The Congressman did not know, and frankly did not care, who owned the plane.” Later, Jurkowski followed up with an email confirming that Grayson was flown out of the country on a "Xe helicopter."

I also asked Jurkowski whether the experience had changed Grayson's thinking on the use of private military firms. Jurkowski replied: "The Congressman does not deny that there is admirable work being done by some employees of private contractors. However, he stands by his criticism of companies who have been found to cheat the American people, defraud our government, and unnecessarily risk the lives of members of our military, all in the name of making a profit."

Mother Jones

Karma. It's just GOTTA be karma. Twisted Evil
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, he stands by his criticism of companies who have been found to cheat the American people, defraud our government, and unnecessarily risk the lives of members of our military

So he now hates all Democrats, the entire Obama Administration, Eric Holder, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, .........???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: