SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adam Kokesh:Anti-war smear merchant in "Republican"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Adam Kokesh:Anti-war smear merchant in "Republican" Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Kokesh: An anti-war smear merchant in "Republican" clothing
By Michelle Malkin • March 10, 2010 12:18 PM

Before there was a nationwide, grass-roots Tea Party movement, there was another nationwide, grass-roots movement that brought thousands of Americans to Washington, D.C. They called themselves the “Gathering of Eagles.” I covered two massive, GoE rallies against the Soros-funded, anti-war Left in March 2007 and September 2007. GOE activists continue to expose the transnational progressives, anti-military bullies, and phonies who operate under the “peace” banner.

One of the groups that GOE dogged was Iraq Veterans Against the War (IVAW) — whose members have included bomb-threat bullies and death-threat nutballs who threatened to assassinate me, fake Army vet Jesse MacBeth, and another prominent member who smeared the Young America’s Foundation by faking an anti-Muslim hate flyer and smeared David Horowitz with similar race-card playing flyers, then weaseled out of the attacks by claiming they were “satire.”

The last two incidents involved an IVAW member named Adam Kokesh. He marched in uniform in mock patrols for the anti-war movement, paraded around holding an upside-down American flag (see Jonn Lilyea for more), was arrested for defacing signs, and traveled to Germany to urge soldiers to abandon their posts and seek aid and comfort with his anti-war minions.

Kokesh, believe it or not, is now running as a Republican candidate for Congress in New Mexico. And, believe it or not, he is getting positive exposure on at least one Fox News show. He has the backing of Ron Paul, the Republican Liberty Caucus, and the 9/12 Project.

The New Mexico Republican Party has its head in the sand. If you have friends and family in New Mexico, make sure they know who the real Adam Kokesh is.

He is an anti-war smear merchant in GOP clothing. Spread the word.

...this comment caught my eye (sound familiar with these fake and pseudo-soldiers?). Looks like a cross between Jesse MacBeth and John Kerry.:

Quote:
This guy is a dirtbag. He claims to be an honorably discharged Sergeant. Problem is he was busted to LCpl for smuggling a gun back from Iraq (he was civil affairs) and then later had his discharge downgraded for the above mentioned “mock patrol”. It would have to be a mock patrol because he never went on any real ones and wouldn’t know what to do anyways….
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can dress himself up any manner he desires.

The stench will give him away every time.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Adam Kokesh:Anti-war smear merchant in "Republican& Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
Looks like a cross between Jesse MacBeth and John Kerry.

I would expect that Mr. Kokesh's viability as a GOP candidate will be even considerably shorter than Kerry's Nam tour (is that possible?). What the hell are those boys smokin' out there?

I'll only become really concerned if and when he finds himself a rich widow. Perhaps John Fraud might pass along some pointers.

Quote:
Subj: Adam Frikkin' KOKESH !!!????‏
Sent: Fri 3/12/10 12:54 AM
To: administrator@gopnm.org

New Mexico GOP,

Either you've lost your memory...or your minds.

For the first time in my entire life, I will be donating money to a....
democrat.

What an absolute disgrace of a choice by your organization.

US Army Veteran, Vietnam, 1970-71
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...they just received another one.....and I got a "Read Receipt". Maybe I'll get a reply...I just hope they "Read & Heed".

Quote:
If you have any hope of building a viable party in your state or offering credible candidates for public office, I urge you to educate yourselves about those who present themselves for candidacy in the name of "Republicans". At the very least, please weed out the frauds and unscrupulous ones. If I can find out this much in 45 seconds doing an Internet search, you certainly should be able to do much better with the investigative tools at your disposal, and by interviewing candidates face to face. Surely you at least have a questionnaire they have to fill out. Your faux pas is circulating throughout the veterans' and patriot blogs, and you are losing any support you had gained in recent months, not due to YOUR efforts, but because of the national implosion of the Democrat Party. Please reconsider providing any support to this fraud.

Regards,
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a side note but Kokesh is not running unopposed. Mullins is also running for the 3rd district (per the web page). Instead of slapping the GOP in New Mexico, wouldn't it be more productive to throw full support to Mullins and hence render Kokesh a nonviable candidate?
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, but why not do BOTH? Send a message to both the New Mexico Republican Party and anyone contemplating running as a Republican that "Unsavories Need Not Apply"...and God is watching... Laughing

...more details from Larry Baily via Scott Swett's Wintersoldier.com

Quote:
A Vietnam Veteran Speaks Out

Adam Kokesh, candidate for the Republican nomination for the US House of Representatives from the Third District of New Mexico, is doing his best to deceive the electorate. He portrays himself as a libertarian conservative, but he is neither libertarian nor conservative (unless he reinvents himself again). Most egregiously, he is attempting to portray himself as a patriotic anti-war/anti-military veteran in a manner reminiscent of John Kerry and Vietnam Veterans against the War (VVAW), in which Kerry tarnished the valor of his brothers-in-arms in order to advance his political career....
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoophyDog wrote:
Just a side note but Kokesh is not running unopposed. Mullins is also running for the 3rd district (per the web page).

Thanks for the clarification. I wrongly assumed he had already garnered a nomination. It's not too late after all.

GoophyDog wrote:
Instead of slapping the GOP in New Mexico, wouldn't it be more productive to throw full support to Mullins and hence render Kokesh a nonviable candidate?

Fully supporting Mullins is, of course, priority number 1. However, I agree with Tews. GOP New Mexico needs to be called to account for the abominable support they've given this anti-American, anti-Military radical as well.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...so much for THAT candidacy...

Quote:
Results from the GOP state preprimary convention
By Heath Haussamen
3/13/10
Susana Martinez

Update, 7 p.m.

Kokesh didn’t qualify for the ballot today but plans to stay in the race.

“Our campaign is energized, and we’re committed to winning the primary election,” Kokesh said in a news release. “We are a grassroots campaign, and over the next two and half months we will be calling on our many supporters to help us win this important election, and do our part to unseat the Luján-Pelosi-Reid Congress and stop the Obama agenda.”

<snip>

Earlier post:

3rd Congressional District

• Tom Mullins – 80.5 percent

• Adam Kokesh – 19.5 percent

It’s not clear at this point if Kokesh has earned his way on the ballot. There’s some sort of recount going on and there’s also a question about whether numbers should be rounded up. Stay tuned.

N. M. Politics - cont'd

Looks like this nimrod is bent on sucking as many Libertarian votes as possible from the GOP with some type of write-in campaign. If you believe he is targeting the "Obama Agenda", I have a bridge up for sale in Brooklyn.

Update: From John Lilyea's blog, This Ain't Hell, a commenter posted that Kokesh now "...must get 1000 signatures in two weeks" assumedly to get listed on the GOP primary ballot. From what I'm beginning to learn of New Mexico's constituency, it might be do-able.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACORN to the rescue, perhaps? They can generate 1000 signatures without leaving home. Your tax dollars at work, courtesy of Judge Nina Gershon, a Bill Clinton activist judge.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, judging by what I just received in my e-mail, it appears that the NM Gop got the message on Kokesh LOUD and CLEAR...

Quote:
FW: Results of 2010 State Pre-Primary Nominating Convention‏
Sent: Sun 3/14/10 7:50 PM
To: XXXXXX@XXXXXX.com

You passed to us your opinion about a particular candidate in New Mexico.

Here, an inside group does not decide who can run and who cannot. To qualify to run one simply has register as a Republican and otherwise meet the requirements of the state law. Because it is this way, the voters here often have the advantage of a wide array of political choices - though some pundits would like us to limit those choices.

Ultimately, the Republican voters decide who will be our nominee. On the way to that decision, we conduct a pre-primary convention. I thought you would be interested in the results of that convention which was held here yesterday.

Harvey Yates, Jr.
Chairman, Republican Party of New Mexico

<snip attached nominating convention results>

Perhaps a quick observation...

Quote:
Here, an inside group does not decide who can run and who cannot.

As it should be. But I would suggest to Mr. Yates that ANY expression of GOP support for whatever WARM BODY elects to declare him/herself as a candidate for a GOP nomination is a FOOLISH and PREMATURE act of reckless cheerleading.

I think they just found that out.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly right, #1. Make it clear to any applicants that in order to receive any support, they have to meet basic standards and pledge to support the GOP NM platform as a minimum. Otherwise, go sign up with the JACKASS Party...just follow your nose, you can't miss them.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a bit more on this. I wasn't familiar with the NM GOP methodology for "approving" a primary nomination, but it is, no doubt now, a convention process requiring a would-be candidate to garner at least 20% of the convention vote.

That a leftist slug the likes of Kokesh, while falling short of the necessary mark, can still garner 19.5% of GOP Convention votes in New Mexico suggests something more to me than 19.5% of the NM GOP losing their collective marbles.

Given the overwhelming dominance of leftist-demos in New Mexico (apparently Santa Fe now qualifying as Berkeley-Southwest), is it possible (tin foil hat on), just possible that leftists are now registering as Republicans to not only muck up whatever viability the GOP has there but to drain GOP resources there in support of a mole as well?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Just a bit more on this. I wasn't familiar with the NM GOP methodology for "approving" a primary nomination, but it is, no doubt now, a convention process requiring a would-be candidate to garner at least 20% of the convention vote.

That a leftist slug the likes of Kokesh, while falling short of the necessary mark, can still garner 19.5% of GOP Convention votes in New Mexico suggests something more to me than 19.5% of the NM GOP losing their collective marbles.

Given the overwhelming dominance of leftist-demos in New Mexico (apparently Santa Fe now qualifying as Berkeley-Southwest), is it possible (tin foil hat on), just possible that leftists are now registering as Republicans to not only muck up whatever viability the GOP has there but to drain GOP resources there in support of a mole as well?

Well, the term RINO isn't accidental.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: