SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Army doctor challenging Obama to give 1st interview

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Army doctor challenging Obama to give 1st interview Reply with quote

My feelings are mixed as to the bona fides of the "birther" issue but I'm quite clear on ONE overriding point. Obama, like Kerry, is stonewalling on unfettered access to his original birth document and I am impressed by the courage of Lt. Col. Lakin's stand on principle and the personal jeopardy he has willingly subjected himself to.

FYI for those interested, you might find tomorrow's interview of Lt. Col. Lakin to be an interesting one...

Quote:
BORN IN THE USA?
Army doctor challenging Obama to give 1st interview
Officer in defiance of orders will take questions from you
Posted: April 19, 2010
By Bob Unruh
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

The officer refusing Army orders until Barack Obama documents his eligibility to be president and commander in chief is hitting the airwaves tomorrow to answer questions about his challenge to the president.

Lt. Col. Terry Lakin is scheduled to be on the G. Gordon Liddy show tomorrow from 10-11 a.m. EDT.

He is scheduled to be joined at 10:30 a.m. by Joseph Farah, founder and CEO of WorldNetDaily, which has reported extensively since before the 2008 election on questions being raised over Obama's eligibility to occupy the Oval Office.

<snip>

The Liddy show website lists local affiliates for the broadcast, and it also can be streamed at the WND site.

WorldNetDaily - cont'd

See more at Lt. Col. Lakin's support website, Safeguardourconstitution.com
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it remarkable that within a week of Tiger Woods crashing his Escalade, the press found every woman with whom Tiger has had an affair in the last few years, with photos, text messages, recorded phone calls, etc.? And, they not only know the cause of the family fight, but they even know it was a wedge from his golf bag that his wife used to break out the windows in the Escalade. Not only that, they know which wedge! And each and every day, they give America more updates on his sex-rehab stay, his wife's plans for divorce, and his plans to return to the pro golf circuit.

On the other hand,....

Obama has been in office for over a year now, and this same press still cannot locate Obama's official birth certificate, or any of his papers while in college, or how he paid for a Harvard education, or which country issued his visa to travel to Pakistan in the 1980's as Barry Soretoro.

And even Michelle Obama’s Princeton thesis on racisim....it just can’t be found?

Yet the public still trusts that same press to give them the whole truth . . .

Truly remarkable!!
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that Lakin will go down without any real resolution of the BC issue. If I'm right, then his efforts will have been in vain. It's a damn shame to see this happen, but, refusing orders puts one in a tough situation.

I agree with TEWS, if the MSM wasn't actively in the tank for Obama, we'd have a lot more info concerning him. Of course if we had that from the beginning, Obama would probably not be CIC today.

That billboard, showing Dubya, with the caption "Miss me yet?" keeps popping up in my thoughts, and the answer is a resounding hell yes!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
My guess is that Lakin will go down without any real resolution of the BC issue.

Well, as long as we're betting, my bet is this will be "made to go away" with neither "discovery" being pursued nor harm to the LtCol's retirement.

If and when that happens, you'll KNOW that the "fix" was in.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama keeps this conspiracy fueled by his refusal to display his hard copy birth certificate. Like #1, I too have my doubts about the birthers issue, but there must be a reason he will not just show his birth certificate.

I have often felt he might be using this as a diversion issue while more important matters slip by.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
zinfella wrote:
My guess is that Lakin will go down without any real resolution of the BC issue.

Well, as long as we're betting, my bet is this will be "made to go away" with neither "discovery" being pursued nor harm to the LtCol's retirement.

If and when that happens, you'll KNOW that the "fix" was in.

Yeah, that would be tantamount to an admission of guilt, but of course the MSM wouldn't report it as such, so you might be right.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
That billboard, showing Dubya, with the caption "Miss me yet?" keeps popping up in my thoughts, and the answer is a resounding hell yes!

I saw the billboard the other day with the Bush "Miss Me Yet?" next to another bilboard of Carter and "Miss Me Yet?"
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
I saw the billboard the other day with the Bush "Miss Me Yet?" next to another bilboard of Carter and "Miss Me Yet?"

A picture of those 2 images side by side would serve quite well to illustrate "juxtaposition" in any reputable dictionary.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best one I've seen so far was a billboard with the Constitution on it with the same "Miss Me Yet?" caption.
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have got to ask about discovery and etc.

Is there a book, textbook, website or whatever that can explain the particulars about discovery and also the differences of criminal and civil burdens of proof.

I think that I have a good idea about the burdens of proof and discovery and etc., but need good sources to use in explaining the civil and criminal differences and how it is done.

Have not had much success using Google or Yahoo on this particular item.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try searching specific sites. Law schools, maybe some of the law firms and legal assist sites (ACLJ, Liberty Counsel, etc.). You can search a specific site using this format (works for Google, not sure about Yahoo or others).

In the search box, enter the following: the word "site" then a colon then the URL of the site you want to search (no space) then a space and the keyword(s) you want to search on, like this:

site:website keyword(s)
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uslegal.com is a good one for criminal discovery (look under definitions)

wikipedia has a good article on civil discovery

In both instances, the requirements and procedures vary greatly depending on the venue.

Good article with excellent reference materials on burden of proof:
http://law.jrank.org/pages/18346/Burden-Proof-Criminal-Civil.html

law.jrank.org also has a pretty darn good internal search engine.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: