SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need a history refresher on a Viet Nam Photo.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Need a history refresher on a Viet Nam Photo. Reply with quote

The photo in question is one that a village of people are on run from a fire on what looks to be pavement Lot of smoke in background and there is a very young girl running naked among the group. They are accomplied by several US soldiers.

I think that it is claimed the the USAF and the Viet AF fire bombed the village.

I just need some facts on the story or where to look.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this link, it seems pretty credible:

http://www.warbirdforum.com/vphoto.htm
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Baltimore Sun exposed the American "Captain" claiming to have ordered the attack the photo was taken from.

Veteran's admission to napalm victim a lie. Minister says he never meant to deceive with 'story of forgiveness'

Even more details given at The Fraud Behind The Girl In The Photo

Last edited by LewWaters on Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke 16:10 "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much."

John Plummer has shown himself to be unworthy to be a member of his church, let alone the minister. He's fit to be counted among the ranks of the "Stolen Valor" scum and the John Kerry "the army of Ghengis Kahn" crowd. He wanted the praise that came with "receiving forgiveness" for something he didn't do all the while knowingly helping to propagate the lie of American military atrocities. It was a tragic friendly fire incident brought on by the "fog of war", the suspicious conduct of the victims, and a split-second decision by a South Vietnamese Air Force pilot to try to protect the village and ARVN troops and interdict what appeared to be enemy. Plummer owes that guy an apology for misrepresenting what happened and making it appear the pilot attacked the village when all he did was attack what appeared to be enemy with weapons moving on his own troops.
Tom2
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
The Baltimore Sun exposed the American "Captain" claiming to have ordered the attack the photo was taken from.

Veteran's admission to napalm victim a lie. Minister says he never meant to deceive with 'story of forgiveness'

I remember those days. By the time of this tragedy, I had finished four years in the Corps, earned an MBA, worked for several years and was struggling to earn a middle management job. I was so busy, like most moms and pops of the era, I actually believed what I saw and read in "responsible" media. I've always been a conservative and always hated the flower children. But focused on so many other things, I didn't fully catch on until later, much later. When this "story" was revealed as a "tale" I was shocked and began to pay more attention. But of course, by that time, the flower children had gotten away with their monumental scam. That's why it's critically important to resurrect the now-extinct honest journalists. By the time John "Silky Poodle" Kerry rendered his fake salute, I believed nothing in the stream media and quickly joined the SVPT. In November, we'll have an opportunity to regain some of the ground lost over the past two years, and perhaps to expose a few other liberal lies. Thank God for the good work of this group.
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:

Lew, that link appears to be a dead end expired link.

Well, maybe I can find it in the internet archive.

Later edit, I found it -

http://web.archive.org/web/20080629224134/http://www.ndqsa.com/myth.html

I got the text saved in Word. You think that I should paste the whole thing here??
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the article saved in Word too and thanks for the updated link.

However, due to copyright, I'd be hesitant to post the entire article.

I will update my original link, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: