SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Say The Pledge ! !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Say The Pledge ! ! Reply with quote

In case any of you missed this. I think it was great that the audience took it upon themsleves to say The Pledge. Watch The Vid, Please.

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/10/23/when-unauthorized-pledges-of-allegiance-attack/

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

from an unsigned diary recovered from Cabanatuan Camp
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvelous. Just...marvelous.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love It!!

I hope to see it more and more.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful.

I have often told people who have issues with our country, that there is nothing wrong with the country just those who would make it something other than what our founding fathers envisioned.

Just read another book on Washington and it blows my mind that when people discuss our founding fathers, his name is rarely mentioned.

He was our founding father.

A man who believed in divine providence for this nation. The only man in the history of the world to be given absolute power and turned around and gave it to the people.

The only other "man" in history who did such a thing is Jesus Christ. Whether you believe in God or not, he(I believe JC is God) gave all his power to the people as well. I find it without doubt, that the two are connected.

God had a plan for this country.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happened again, in Pennsylvania.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ktfdxs5efE&feature=player_embedded

The comments from the woman from the League of Women Voters is unbelievable.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, LWV is calling it "phony patriotism" and claiming that it was some kind of political statement, orchestrated in advance.

We used to open every public gathering with the pledge of allegiance - and usually even an invocation! (gasp!)
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"phony patriotism" describes every Donk Liberal trying to pretend he or she "loves this country" and "supports the troops" and ...... PUKE!!!!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, phony patriotism must be pretty powerful stuff - it even got Obama to renounce one of his core principles and don an American flag on his lapel. Wink

No wonder the left is so fearful of it.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Yeah, LWV is calling it "phony patriotism" and claiming that it was some kind of political statement, orchestrated in advance.

We used to open every public gathering with the pledge of allegiance - and usually even an invocation! (gasp!)

I wonder how they would answer if asked what they consider the appropriate time is to recite the pledge. In their case, I suspect never is the first answer that would pop into their head...............
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Politically Correct USO tour Reply with quote

My wife and my mother in law went to see Chonda Pierce (a Christian comedian and entertainer) last night. She will be in Iraq with the USO during the upcoming Veterans Day holiday period. She received a letter from the U.S. Government listing things she cannot say, including, "Jesus" and "God", and no mention of Christianity or our Christian heritage,.....I think you get the picture. How far we have come from the days of Bob Hope and his generation.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Politically Correct USO tour Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
My wife and my mother in law went to see Chonda Pierce (a Christian comedian and entertainer) last night. She will be in Iraq with the USO during the upcoming Veterans Day holiday period. She received a letter from the U.S. Government listing things she cannot say, including, "Jesus" and "God", and no mention of Christianity or our Christian heritage,.....I think you get the picture. How far we have come from the days of Bob Hope and his generation.

There are not words sufficient to explain how wrong that is! Are all of the Americans over there also barred from reciting the pledge of allegiance?
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll ask my son in law, who is leaving any time now for his SEVENTH tour. We plan to have an early Thanksgiving and Christmas celebration next week just for him before he leaves.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
I'll ask my son in law, who is leaving any time now for his SEVENTH tour. We plan to have an early Thanksgiving and Christmas celebration next week just for him before he leaves.

Wow, if he is ever in Dallas, a dinner at Pappa's steakhouse is on me. Just let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: