SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The best news I heard about Hanoi Jane !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: The best news I heard about Hanoi Jane !! Reply with quote

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/tv-news.en.reuters.com/tv-news.en.reuters.com-20110716-us_janefonda

This really is nice to read, it's been a long time comming, that someone had to guts to cancel her.

Nothing but a traitor.. !!

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

from an unsigned diary recovered from Cabanatuan Camp
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“In 1972 'Hanoi' Jane Fonda applauded an NVA anti-aircraft gun crew during her trip to North Vietnam. These guns were used to shoot down American planes and contributed to the deaths of American Airmen.”

(H/T to Gateway Pundit and Free Republic for the quote)

Heeeeeeeer's Jane:
Quote:
I was to have been on QVC today to introduce my book, “Prime Time,” about aging and the life cycle. The network said they got a lot of calls yesterday criticizing me for my opposition to the Vietnam War and threatening to boycott the show if I was allowed to appear. I am, to say the least, deeply disappointed that QVC caved to this kind of insane pressure by some well funded and organized political extremist groups. And that they did it without talking to me first. I have never shied away from talking about this as I have nothing to hide. I could have pointed out that threats of boycotts are nothing new for me and have never prevented me from having best selling books and exercise DVDs, films, and a Broadway play. Most people don’t buy into the far right lies. Many people have reached out to express how excited they were about my going onto QVC and hearing about my book.

Bottom line, this has gone on far too long, this spreading of lies about me! None of it is true. NONE OF IT! I love my country. I have never done anything to hurt my country or the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for us.

I arrived in Vietnam a few months after that infamous photo was taken; I am one of the pilots they were shooting at, even as they were moving South into Laos and eventually Cambodia. Eight of my comrades died from NVA AAA in February of 1973, less than a year after that photo was taken. Yeah, you betrayed us and encouraged the enemy. I guess “treason” isn’t prosecuted in the USA...but I think you may be in for a shock in the "afterlife"....
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HanoiJane wrote:
insane pressure by some well funded and organized political extremist groups

They were so well funded and so well organized that I hadn't heard a peep about it until just now.

Anyone else?

Thank you, QVC!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
I guess “treason” isn’t prosecuted in the USA...but I think you may be in for a shock in the "afterlife"....

I, for one, will not presume what the Almighty might have in store for any of us, but I can still delight in the explosion of opprobrium directed at this foul creature every time her voice emanates from whatever medium she is currently attempting to infest with her mere presence and for whatever purposes she might envision.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She says that people are still upset over her "opposition" to the Vietnam war! Shocked

Surely she's not that dense or self-deluded? Confused

I'd still like to know where this massive effort was organized and who funded it because as near as I can tell, it was truly masterful - to the point of being magical.

This vast conspiracy (reminiscent of another one we've heard about!) was completely effective even while it remained completely invisible.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From another account via the BBC News:

Quote:
Some people in the US still see her as a traitor after a trip to the North Vietnamese capital, Hanoi, in 1972.

She has since apologised for visiting a gun site used to shoot down US planes.

It was the "largest lapse of judgement that I can even imagine", she said.

But she has said she did not regret meeting American prisoners of war in North Vietnam or making broadcasts on Radio Hanoi.

DUH!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't usually hawk my own blog here, but I saw this yesterday and like many others did I'm sure, applauded QVC while blowing my stack at Hanoi's Jane's continued denial of her own culpability in bringing about the fall of South Vietnam.

Even left-leaning Snopes seems to have added to their comments on her activities,
Quote:
“But she didn’t go to North Vietnam to try to bring about peace, or to reconcile the two warring sides, or to stop American boys from being killed — she went there as an active show of support for the North Vietnamese cause. She lauded the North Vietnamese military, she denounced American soldiers as ‘war criminals’ and urged them to stop fighting, she lobbied to cut off all American economic aid to the South Vietnamese government (even after the Paris Peace Accords had ended U.S. military involvement in Vietnam), she publicly thanked the Soviets for providing assistance to the North Vietnamese, and she branded tortured American POWs as liars possessed of overactive imaginations.”

Yes, that found it's way into my post, Cry Me a River Hanoi Jane. Still Blaming Vietnam Veterans?

I also sent QVC a little thank you note through their link HERE
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Lew, you talked me into it.

Dear QVC management,

Thank you for canceling the appearance of Jane Fonda on your program on July 16, 2011 (I believe that was the date). I'm one of the Air Force pilots Jane Fonda's North Vietnamese anti-aircraft comrades was shooting at in 1972 and 1973.

They managed to kill eight of my comrades in February of 1973. Sonny Primm's wife was six months pregnant when he was killed.

Memorial Program

If you would like to put a face with my message, here is a link to my poem and photograph.

The Promise Kept

The poem describes how my wife and I spent the year I was away flying combat missions. The ending of the poem is a dedication to all who did not return.

When I left the USA for South Vietnam in 1972, our son was two weeks old and our daughter was three years old. My wife sent an audio tape of our daughter reciting, from memory, the 23rd Psalm. I played it during a chapel service, and by the time she had finished, there wasn't a dry eye in the place. We spent our off duty hours accompanying Chaplains and missionaries visiting and rebuilding villages that had been ravaged by the Viet Cong, more of Jane Fonda's "freedom fighters". The Chaplains drove jeeps with "God Squad" on the front license plate. One missionary with whom we worked was the only survivor of a mission encampment in Laos that had been wiped out by the Communists, over 250 men, women, and children.

No, Jane, it wasn't some invisible conspiracy who protested your appearance on QVC to hawk your book and make more money through the very Capitalism you say you loathe, it was the ghosts of 58,178 valiant American soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen whom you betrayed. Incidentally, I entered that number for the "Customer Number" in this contact form to make a point.

Bruce Obermeyer, former Captain USAF
Vietnam war veteran
361st Tactical Electronic Warfare Squadron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: