SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama wins election...Some thoughts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Obama wins election...Some thoughts Reply with quote

A few random thoughts.

Israel is in a very difficult position and will be forced into war with Iran. It will be ugly, short and Iran will be decimated.

A nuclear device will be detonated in Israel or the US within my lifetime, with a high probability of it happening in the next 4 years.

America faces a potential EMP attack on the eastern seaboard over the next 4 years. Such an attack would have devastating consequence on our ability to transport goods. Within 15 minutes most grocery shelves east of the Mississippi would be empty and not long after, west.

Everyone should have a 60 day rotating supply of bottled water and shelf food. Everyone should have at a minimum a shotgun and everyone in the house, a decent proficiency at using it.

I read somewhere that 1 in 25 people are sociopaths. I also read Cambodia is a nation of sociopaths. Have we embraced a demagogue who has delivered more sociopaths or did the sociopaths deliver the demagogue?

Watching American Pickers and Pawn Stars on History channel and cannot help but think of what my father said, "family is important, not stuff. A man should be able to fit all the material goods he deems valuable in a sack he can throw over his shoulder." These shows are very entertaining, yet they highlight a lot of stuff. More than a person can possibly throw over a shoulder.

What separates Western Civilization from barbarians? People of the Occident protect women and children.

The Occident (Western Civilization) has turned a dark corner where women and children are no longer protected. Case after case of monsters who are politically protected are able to have their way with women and children.

Barbarism will be on the march over the next 4 years.

Europe will die, with a weakened America.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what happened in the past, and we are going down the same path. You decide.

2 Kings 20:16-19

16 And Isaiah said unto Hezekiah, Hear the word of the Lord.

17 Behold, the days come, that all that is in thine house, and that which thy fathers have laid up in store unto this day, shall be carried into Babylon: nothing shall be left, saith the Lord.

18 And of thy sons that shall issue from thee, which thou shalt beget, shall they take away; and they shall be eunuchs in the palace of the king of Babylon.

19 Then said Hezekiah unto Isaiah, Good is the word of the Lord which thou hast spoken. And he said, Is it not good, if peace and truth be in my days? (OK, but as long as it happens after I die, I don't care)

20 And the rest of the acts of Hezekiah, and all his might, and how he made a pool, and a conduit, and brought water into the city, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah? (Hey, he gave the unsuspecting fools free stuff!!)

21 And Hezekiah slept with his fathers: and Manasseh his son reigned in his stead...and the rest is history; read Chapter 21 to see what is in store.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
Here is what happened in the past, and we are going down the same path. You decide.

2 Kings 20:16-19

16 And Isaiah said unto Hezekiah, Hear the word of the Lord.

17 Behold, the days come, that all that is in thine house, and that which thy fathers have laid up in store unto this day, shall be carried into Babylon: nothing shall be left, saith the Lord.

18 And of thy sons that shall issue from thee, which thou shalt beget, shall they take away; and they shall be eunuchs in the palace of the king of Babylon.

19 Then said Hezekiah unto Isaiah, Good is the word of the Lord which thou hast spoken. And he said, Is it not good, if peace and truth be in my days? (OK, but as long as it happens after I die, I don't care)

20 And the rest of the acts of Hezekiah, and all his might, and how he made a pool, and a conduit, and brought water into the city, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Judah? (Hey, he gave the unsuspecting fools free stuff!!)

21 And Hezekiah slept with his fathers: and Manasseh his son reigned in his stead...and the rest is history; read Chapter 21 to see what is in store.

TEWSPilot,

Very impressive biblical history lesson.

Before my father died, he said "son everything you need to be successful in life is found in the Bible"

He was arguing the Bible has truth that will reward.

Sad, that so few seek the wisdom bestowed upon us.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts would cause to ban myself.

I've been watching news reports and as expected, layoffs are being announced, stocks dropped sharply, except for guns which rose.

Almost immediately, the administration moved to support the UN gun ban treaty while Harry Reid has announced he will raise the debt ceiling limit once reached here soon, raise taxes and rewrite senate rules to limit the filibuster.

Many theories are being floated as to what happened, but regardless, we're in for a very rough ride.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here lies the USA, RIP.
The Communists have won, from this point forward the people who get free stuff from the govt. will continue to ensure the re-election of those who give them the free stuff and the said free stuff people now outnumber everybody else.
Turn out the lights, the party is over.
Only took em about 70 yrs. or so.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The parallels are remarkable if you study the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire.

THE FALL OF ROME was a culmination of several external and internal factors. Click the link to read the details about each of the following causes as explained by Bill Federer of American Minute.

1. OPEN BORDERS
2. LOSS OF COMMON LANGUAGE
3. THE WELFARE STATE
4. VIOLENT ENTERTAINMENT
5. CLASS WARFARE
6. TAXES
7. OUTSOURCING
8. DEBT
9. SELF-PROMOTING & CORRUPT POLITICIANS
10. IMMORALITY
11. MILITARY CUTS
12. TERRORIST ATTACKS

Rome is considered to have officially fallen on September 4, 476 AD.

History will record the fall of The United States of America to have officially taken place on November 6, 2012 A.D.
greasepaint
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my thoughts on Obama's reelection,
are much the same as what I wrote in 2006.

people are tired of Bush and his useless wars.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, but why did they elect a guy who has continued them and started 4 of his own and possibly 2 more coming?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know Bush was running again. Confused

Good grief, when are you liberals going to quit whining about Bush and start dealing with what IS?
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duly noted, Navy. As usual, there IS an adult around when you need her to cut through the fog. Sad Embarassed

Like the aging hippies who still lament the '60s, some of the "Bush Derangement Syndrome" sufferers will have "It Was Bush's Fault" as the epitaph on their tombstones.

My gripe with the way all the wars going back to Korea were fought is that they were not fought as WAR. GHW Bush quit before he should have, and if he had gone on to Baghdad at that time, there may not have been a 9/11 and the second Iraq war and the Afghanistan war and the "Arab Spring" and the explosion of the Middle East we see today.

But like you said, we have to deal with what IS, not what coulda, shoulda, woulda been.
greasepaint
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me tell a story.

Once upon a time, Nixon passed a
law that everybody hated. It was the 55 MPH speed limit.
Eventually, Republicans figured out that
part of the reason some people hated Republicans was that these people associated Republicans with 55mph,
so the Republicans tried to repeal the law.
Naturally, Democrats opposed the repeal,
and it took a huge effort from Reagan to get rid of the
55MPH.

part 2 of the story later,
if there are any factual errors in part 1,
lets discuss that now. thanks, G
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I wasn't gnawing on you, TEWS - far from it.

I'm just so tired of hearing about Bush - all through this election, the dimly lit ones are arguing against him, instead of against the actual candidate. And even though they won, we've still got to listen to the litanies against GWB, every day.

One of the debate questions was even "How are you different from Bush?"

I know that Bush was far less conservative that what we need and he spent money like a drunken sailor (of which I know a little something Wink ) but you know, he was an honorable man and he tried to do the right thing. His ideas of "the right thing" meshed pretty well with mine.

This pretender on the throne has no honor - he has no loyalties except to the ideology of bringing the USA down a peg a two - or twenty. His goal is for us not to BE a superpower, any more. He thinks it isn't "fair."

Well, I don't like us being the world's policeman, either, but you've got to play with the hand you're dealt, not the ones you wish you had.

Right now, we've got a WWIII trigger situation going on with Israel, and where is our President? Where is Congress? Why are we not denouncing the hell out of the "palestinians" and standing with our ally? Why have we hung Israel out to dry?

Well, this president has said that when push comes to shove, he will stand with the muslims. He WANTS Israel wiped off the face of the earth as much as all those giant muslim countries do. The way we have failed to support God's Chosen People and the apple of His eye is as shameful as the Democrats booing God at their convention. "Those who bless you, I will bless and those who curse you, I will curse."

And greasepaint, you've been riding a thin line ever since you joined. A word to the wise is usually sufficient. Confused
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greasepaint, once upon a time Barack Obama and the Democrats with no input from Republicans passed a law that is now known as Obamacare. Republicans have been trying to repeal that law ever since it was signed into law by Democrat President Barack Obama. Naturally, Democrats opposed the repeal, and with the reelection of Obama and a decrease of House Republicans and an increase in Senate Democrats, repeal will be very difficult to accomplish.

Part 2.

The uniform speed limit was signed into law by President Nixon on January 2, 1974, and became effective 60 days later. Republicans and Nixon were blamed for signing into law a proposal passed by a Democrat Congress...go figure.

Richard Milhous Nixon resigned as the 37th President of the United States at noon Friday, August 9, 1974.

So shouldn't Obama resign based on your logic?
GenrXr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greasepaint wrote:
my thoughts on Obama's reelection,
are much the same as what I wrote in 2006.

People are tired of Bush and his useless wars.

People were tired of his spending and "not winning wars".

Americans have no problem with war if it serves a national purpose and we fight to win.

America could conquer the entire world in less than a week. Up till now, we have not, because we have been a Nation guided by divine Providence.

If tomorrow, we had the Republican equivalent of Obama in the White House, we would direct our carrier groups to shut down shipping throughout the world other than what we allow. It would be a snake grip on the neck of every nation that we would tighten till the world submitted.

We would conquer the world fast, but at a heavy price.

We would quickly become divided over everything from the spoils to the nature of that which we became.

America is unique in the history of powerful Nations, in that we have not conquered, but Obama is trying to conquer the world.

He is trying to conquer capitalism, which is the lifeblood of all functioning democracies. He is doing this in the hope that America, and he and his cronies will be the overseers of this new world.

If Obama succeeds, the best we can hope for is that we will be the "best" of a very scary, dangerous and unholy new world order.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borneo is looking better and better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: