SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One Down, One to Go

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: One Down, One to Go Reply with quote

It appears that any further consideration of His Fraudulency as Sec Def has been thankfully eliminated...

Quote:
Hagel Said to Top Obama’s List to Take Over at Pentagon
By Hans Nichols
2012-12-13

Former Republican Senator Chuck Hagel has emerged as the leading candidate to become Obama’s next Secretary of Defense and may be nominated as soon as this month, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Bloomberg - cont'd

Between SoS and Sec Def, I thought Sec Def would be the more plausible of the two. I can't imagine Obama would place the State Department in the hands of this demonstrable, self-admitted traitor and the disgraceful baggage he would bring to the position.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Politico just announced Susan Rice is withdrawing her name for consideration to be Secretary of State.

Quote:
POLITICO Breaking News
-------------------------------------------------
United Nations Ambassador Susan Rice told NBC News Thursday that she is withdrawing her name from consideration to be appointed Secretary of State by President Barack Obama, according to the network.

"If nominated, I am now convinced that the confirmation process would be lengthy, disruptive and costly - to you and to our most pressing national and international priorities," Rice wrote in a letter to the president, posted on NBC's website. "That trade-off is simply not worth it to our country...Therefore, I respectfully request that you no longer consider my candidacy at this time."

Washington Post has the story HERE

Unknown if Lurch is in line for Secretary of State just yet
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Politico just announced Susan Rice is withdrawing her name for consideration to be Secretary of State.

While I firmly believe Susan Rice was totally complicit in the duplicity of her public posturing as to Benghazi, the spectre of her appointment to SoS pales in comparison to that of Kerry.

I will continue to be optimistic that, despite the public support given to Kerry by his Democratic (and some Rupublican) peers, that support is driven by the purest of political pragmatism which may not (at least should not) stand the test if and when push comes to shove on his consideration for SoS.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If true, big mistake on the GOP's part.

Top GOP aide: 'We'll confirm Hagel, Kerry'

Quote:
The growing possibility of President Obama naming Democratic Sen. John Kerry as secretary of State and former GOP Sen. Chuck Hagel to run the Pentagon is being embraced by Senate Republicans who predict confirmation.

"I think both of them will be questioned vigorously but confirmed," said a top GOP Senate aide, meaning the GOP won't put up a fight in the Democratically-controlled chamber. That will be a key selling point as Obama considers his choices.

TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John McCain will be "reaching across the aisle" faster than a pickpocket on the Orient Express. Crying or Very sad
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEWSPilot wrote:
John McCain will be "reaching across the aisle" faster than a pickpocket on the Orient Express.

Rather ironically (and at least according to the conventional pundit wisdom), this sense of perceived GOP support for Kerry could be his ultimate undoing. Even the plausibility of the GOP perhaps capturing a Kerry-vacated senate seat (Brown?) sends the left into delerium tremors.

I will not be at all surprised to discover a renewed media interest in all those "discredited" Swiftvet revelations of 2004. You can see it commencing here...minus the formerly mandatory "discredited" qualifier...

Quote:
With Rice out, attention shifts to John Kerry for State post
By NBC's Carrie Dann

<snip>

Kerry's confirmation would likely not come without some minor re-litigation of past controversies. One of Congress's richest members, he was painted as an out-of-touch patrician by his presidential foes. The onetime Navy lieutenant was criticized by opponents during his campaign for his high-profile protests of the Vietnam War, including his nationally-covered challenge to a congressional panel in 1971 to defend the deaths of men "for a mistake."

NBC News - cont'd
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: