SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"No protest of Kerry nomination expected"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: "No protest of Kerry nomination expected" Reply with quote

Our own Scott Swett expresses pessimism that any Swiftvet & POW opposition is likely to be heard. Just depressing...

Quote:
No protest of Kerry nomination expected
By: Hope Hodge
12/21/2012

With President Barack Obama expected to nominate Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) for Secretary of State later this afternoon, a former leader of a group that helped thwart the senator’s presidential aspirations said the group is unlikely to agitate against his promotion this time.

Scott Swett, the author who documented the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth movement in 2004, told Human Events Thursday that he was disappointed in a Kerry nomination, but didn’t expect the Swift Boat veterans to try to stop his confirmation.

“I’m not aware of any organized effort to oppose his nomination,” Swett said.

“I think there would be more organized opposition if he was nominated for (Secretary of) Defense, simply because of the insult factor.”

<snip>

Members of the Swift Boat veterans told Human Events earlier this month that there had been some talk of protesting a nomination for Secretary of Defense, though there was no organized movement yet.

“I think that (Kerry) has a long history of cooperating with America’s enemies and acting against our best interests,” Swett said.

“But I’m not sure that distinguishes him greatly from anyone else who would be nominated.”

The opportunities for Republicans that a Kerry nomination opens up may also help to silence any potential opposition. If Kerry is confirmed at State, his Massachusetts Senate seat will be vacant, prompting a special election.

Human Events - cont'd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: