SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black April

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Black April Reply with quote

I listened to a fascinating interview on the John Bachelor radio program of the author of a book titled, "Black April: The Fall of South Vietnam, 1973-75 by George J Veith (May 8, 2012)". I searched for "Black April" online and found this website apparently operated by the Union of Vietnamese Student Associations. :

http://blackapril.net/

The mission statement says they are gathering stories about the Vietnam war and putting together a chronology of events on each April 30th, the anniversary observed by the South Vietnamese refugees as the end of South Vietnam as a sovereign country, or at least of the end of self-governance.

The book I mentioned above can be found at most booksellers. Perhaps the author would be interested in hearing from any of us who served, with emphasis on those last years leading up to the fall of Saigon and even after if anyone has such experience and wouldn't mind sharing it so the record can be maintained honestly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: