SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some info from Swift Vets on accuracy of new claim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kozak
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Need some info from Swift Vets on accuracy of new claim Reply with quote

To any Swift Vets is the following statement by a Kerry campaign staffer factual, or not?

"Swift Boat crews regularly operated along the Cambodian border from Ha Tien on the Gulf of Thailand to the rivers of the Mekong south and west of Saigon,” said Michael Meehan, a senior adviser in the Kerry campaign. “Boats often received fire from enemy taking sanctuary across the border. Kerry's was not the only United States riverboat to respond, inadvertently or responsibly, across the border.”
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kozak,
In previous posts, there's a map by CIA of the river and the Vietnam-Cambodian border, with some information as to what orders the Swift boats were given ... unfortunatly, I can't find the exact post and am a little busy this morning.
The important thing to note here, though, is that it is the Kerry staffers that are trying to make this point, probably in order to rationalize statements by Kerry.
Focus on what Kerry SAID he did, versus what he actually did. Also, remember ... with those words, he managed to de rail US policy in SE Asia ... oh, and incidentally, he managed to trash an entire generation of US servicemen.
If he lied about what he said he did, and there is more and more evidence that he did ... he has a WHOLE lot to answer for, both on Earth and in Hell.
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe, And maybe someone will correct me if i am wrong, The Mekong river if you look at a map flows from the north west to the south east from out of Cambodia. Thus does not create a natural border. The swift boat patrol zone ended some 55 miles out of Cambodia at Sou Dac I believe, PBR's (smaller attack boats) patrolled beyond that to the border from what I understand that anchored barges and gunboats protected the border to prevent incursions. Which by the way the Cambodians watched for ans screamed bloody murder when they happened. The Mekong does not separate the two countries like how the Rio Grande separates us from Mexico.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He used the "Christmas" thing to give dramitization to his statement before Congress. And that statement did so much damage to so many people. Veterans, POW's and America. He needs to apologize for that and come clean on it and, HE NEEDS TO RELEASE ALLLLLLL OF HIS RECORDS. Which should be harped on and harped on...like a constant chant;/
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is a liar!. Common sense would tell you if you were going to sneak up a river on an illegal mission you would not do it in a larger and from what I understand louder Swift boat. Common sense would dictate something more stealthy.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst thing would be to have a US vessel SUNK and PHOTOGRAPHED in Cambodia. We were not that stupid.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Gardner on the CIA guy:
That would have been such a top secret operation, and a positioning, that that guy would have killed himself before he told anybody he was going to Cambodia. It didn't happen. Like I said, to get into Cambodia, you were over 50 miles away from the border.

Good interview with Steve, mostly about Cambodia on Hugh Hewitt radio show August 10
http://hughhewitt.com/index.htm#%20postid766

also posted on our transcripts thread [ we have about 15 interviews there ]
http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=20904&sid=df31274c87996254cb3425791aaf5769#20904
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: