SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Website needs more details

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lendorien
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Website needs more details Reply with quote

Just a quick comment. It would be helpful if the allegations against John Kerry's record were more completely presented on the website. The only one of his purple hearts that is directly challenged on the website is his first one.

http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/index.php?topic=KerryinVietnam

This page should have links to a page where his third Purple Heart for self inflicted rice in the butt is challenged, and the contentions about his other awards.

Lend
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion. The web folks are working their fingers to the bone to get new stuff added and updated.

The site just moved to new, more robust servers over the last few days and that's been the priority.

You'll see a lot of new content added over the next few weeks.
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I know you guys are working your ass off. However, If you need more helpers to get things done with the web-site, then ASK FOR HELP. "In a few weeks" is going to be too late for a lot of people, who are visiting now.

"You only get one chance to make a first impression".

When somebody comes to the site, who is very skeptical, you better knock their socks off with the case you present, or they may be gone with their original opinion and prejudices intact.

There was a guy with the handle "Voice of Reason" who was trying to say the same thing. Maybe he got a little hot as he got attacked by some others for being a critic - gasp! But he was trying to HELP and he was saying the truth and he got treated very badly and maybe even got banned.

All of this stuff can get emotions up. Most of us carry a lot of anger from Vietnam or about Vietnam. I know I do. We need to all calm down and pull together, even when somebody is questioning the status quo.

And this website could be a lot better. We got the "ammo". Let's load it!
gilliam
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
Probably the most important thing for me would be an 'executive summary', possibly with links to details, that I can point people to. Something they can read in 2-5 minutes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: