SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A spin off of another topic talking about fatcheck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: A spin off of another topic talking about fatcheck Reply with quote

I thought I would start this thread instead of highjacking the other one.

I just read the fatcheck.org article and not even taking into account what swiftvets are saying, Kerry and Rassmann’s story doesn’t even match up.

Tour of Duty describes Rassmann's rescue (and the sniper fire) as happening "several hundred yards back" from where the crippled PCF-3 was lying,

Several hundred yards back? That’s an awful long ways away from the crippled PCF-3 (think football field, that’s 100 yards, now think several football fields)

Kerry is quoted as saying on page 313. In that account, Kerry says his arm was hurt later, after the mine blast that disabled PCF-3, when a second explosion rocked his own boat

Rassmann: Machine-gun fire erupted from both banks of the river and a second explosion followed moments later. The second blast blew me off John's swift boat, PCF-94, throwing me into the river. Fearing that the other boats would run me over, I swam to the bottom of the river and stayed there as long as I could hold my breath.

This sounds to me like he was knocked off the boat close to all the other boats, unless those PCF’s are really that fast that it only takes moments to get several hundred yards away. (and if that’s the case please tell me where I can get one of these bad boys)

So as it stands now we have one explosion that cripples PCF-3 and mounts later a second explosion that knocks Rassmann off Kerry’s boat.

Now to my understanding is that PCF-3 could not run on it’s own and had to be towed. (please let me know if I am wrong about this)

Rassmann: When I surfaced, all the swift boats had left, and I was alone taking fire from both banks.

Sorry but I don’t think even Rassmann could hold his breath long enough for the guys in the other boats to hook up the crippled boat and tow it several hundred yards away.

So if they were several hundred yards away, than to me that means Kerry is either lying or is a coward, why do I say coward, because even if you give them the benefit of the doubt it only tells me as soon has things got hot Kerry turned and ran leaving a crippled boat and it’s crew.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: