SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's Movie Camera Mystery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Cooper
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Movie Camera Mystery Reply with quote

A mystery to me, knowing that John Kerry carried a movie camera with him - I would think that if there was any validity to his allegations that he and others participated in war crimes and attrocities - that he would have supported his charges that he made before congress in 1971 with some shocking film footage - but, no - not even a snapshot! When one applies the "thorn" of sound principles of investigation to the "baloon" of Kerry's rhetorical claims - at every turn it is discovered that he is just full of hot air!
Ruffcutt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel that if JK was so adamant about documenting his alleged triumphs with filmed reenactments of the events, then how could he fail to simply document the exact day of his life turning experience in Cambodia? We're talking about a guy who went through the trouble to get his crew and boat involved with telling one story, yet he never made a simple and accurate note in his journal regarding a historical and controversial event like secretly entering another country with troops and arms? I mean...the guy sat in front of congress with what turns out to be inaccurate information, and later tells it again in an interview, and yet all we get from him are digitally enhanced reenactments of things he wants the public to believe is true. Where are his eye witnesses from his Cambodia experience, and where were these guys when he repeatedly told the public that he was there on Christmas and not sometime in January? This guy is turning out to be a legend in his own mind....

As far as the alleged atrocities are concerned, he has a lot of nerve criticizing the President for what happened in the prisons of Iraq when he never attempted to bring to justice the soldiers who he said committed crimes against the people of Vietnam. I can assure you that if these same atrocities were happening in Iraq, he'd call for everyone involved from the Privates to the Generals, to be on trial. And of course...he'd blame Bush too. Obviously these atrocities never occurred.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And did he document any of his wounds with his camera?
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A movie of Kerry's butt with rice embedded in it? EEEEWWWWWWWW!
kmudd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GottaBeKidding wrote:
A movie of Kerry's butt with rice embedded in it? EEEEWWWWWWWW!

LOL Was it Brown Rice?
The Ghost
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmudd wrote:
And did he document any of his wounds with his camera?

you took the words right out of my mouth

but then again the wounds was so small he probably couldn't zoom in on it enough ,,you know those old cameras
kmudd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably he would need an electron microscope to see his wounds.
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole movie camera thing is just WEIRD.

I don't know about the Navy, but sometimes the troops love a 2LT that will screw around and will let them do likewise. Meanwhile, all the other LTs in the unit are rolling their eyes and shaking their heads. Maybe the movie camera re-enactments were fun for a couple of those guys that "actually served with Kerry on the same boat" and that appeared at the Democratic Convention.

What frightens me is the implication that Kerry may have taken his people back into dangerous territory just for the purpose of making home movies.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArmyWife wrote:
The whole movie camera thing is just WEIRD.

I agree.

I'm a big picture taker - always have been, always will be - during my time in country in 1967 I took LOTS of pictures. I even bought a Minolta 16 that fit in my fatigue shirt pocket so that if I didn't have my 35mm camera with me, I could still take pictures.

Of all the many in-country pictures I have - there is only ONE picture of me (standing on the TSN bomb-dump ramp) - all my photos are of places, things, or OTHER people.

Kerry had a plan - even way back then.
kmudd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brinkley claims Kerry filmed to boster his case against the war.If this is true why didn't he show the Senate his films?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4926018/
On the Cavett show, Kerry also showed films he shot in Vietnam, explaining the video, saying, saying, “You see a bunker being taken under fire. In fact, we’re under fire at this point and you can see some shots coming out, landing in the water.” He added, “Just after this I put the camera down. I had a feeling we were gonna be ambushed… and sure enough up ahead we were. And you’ll see it.”

Brinkley says Kerry compiled material to bolster his case against the war, telling Cavett, “I took these pictures in a moment of confusion,” explaining, “There you see the huts burning, and this, this is the enemy, so to speak, in South Vietnam.”

Kerry told Cavett, “I was constantly struck by the juxtaposition of those of us running around with guns and the body lying there in the field. There you see the huts burning.”
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, and how many other soldiers took actual "movie" pictures?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: