SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unserviceable PCF-94 TOWED PCF-3? CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Unserviceable PCF-94 TOWED PCF-3? CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN? Reply with quote

EXCERPT FROM TRANSCRIPT FROM SCARBOROUGH COUNTRY 8/16/04:

HURLEY: Joe, it‘s hard to figure out how to respond. That‘s so ludicrous, that so defies what is said in these Navy documents. The Navy documents say a mine detonated under PCF-3. It says that another mine detonated blowing Rasmussen in the water and injuring John Kerry. That‘s fact. That‘s not fiction. What Mr. O‘Neill is engaging in is fiction. He‘s trying to recall 35 years after the fact what happened and he‘s doing a terrible job. He says that there‘s no damage to the boat. Let me read for you the after action report that is the damage assessment of PCF-94, John Kerry‘s boat, this is the next day back at An Thoi and it says, two starboard and one port main cabinet windows blown out, VRC 46 radio and all remote unit pilot house inoperable, AC wiring shorted out, (UNINTELLIGIBLE) generator inoperable, steerage control after helm, inoperable. And it goes on like that. The boat was unserviceable. And let me—
O‘NEILL: Can I respond, Joe, to that point?

HURLEY: Let me add one other thing. That is it was John Kerry‘s boat that towed the PCF-3 back to port. This is just revisionist history Joe. It makes no sense. It‘s dishonorable and dishonest. The United States Navy documents which Mr. O‘Neill ought to accept but disagree with his political agenda because it does not agree with his Republican smear campaign. He ought to accept what the United States Navy said, what every crewmate that served on those boats with John Kerry had said and he ought to accept it with honor and stop this sham.

You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jette,

I've posted a request over in the Research area asking if someone can get a copy of the report on 3. The Bandit posted a copy of the 94 report from which Hurley is getting his info. Several questions have been raised.

Here's the link to my post on this forum. It contains a link to Bandit's thread on his board and the first message there includes a link to the scanned document:

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2918
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to find a damage report on the 3 boat to compare to the 94 report that bandit says is actually the report on the 3 boat. It seems that if the "screws"...whatever that is, are damaged the boat is inoperable?
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: "Screws" are the propellors ... Reply with quote

Smile
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
I am trying to find a damage report on the 3 boat to compare to the 94 report that bandit says is actually the report on the 3 boat. It seems that if the "screws"...whatever that is, are damaged the boat is inoperable?

"Screws" refers to the boat's propellers. And, yes, if they were damaged badly enough, the boat would have been inoperable.
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Edited by Moderator - no unsubstantiated personal attacks, please] "TROLLS", they are sitting at a computer in the DNC

and asking these questions trying to fish out a story for Kerry to

use becareful.........
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart Alec:) WHACK Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: