SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A little fact-checking help, please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: A little fact-checking help, please Reply with quote

I want to submit the following to my local left-leaning rag.

There are some GREAT writers on this forum. Any suggestions on how to make my case better? Are my facts correct?

In reference to the Guest Essay by Jim Kurtz on the 17 August "Speaking Out" page.

Let me say up front that I am a Vietnam veteran and am VERY proud of all my military service.

Mr. Kurtz, like most political partisans, finds it very convenient to put derogatory labels on all those who disagree with them; in this case, describing the Swift Boat veterans as being "bought-and-paid-for" by President Bush.

Nothing can be farther from the truth. Several of this group have been working for years to get out the truth on Kerry. He says "Who knows better about a man's character that those who served with him." That's it exactly. Many of the group were the young officers who worked in very close proximity, ate, drank and lived with him in Vietnam. They KNOW the man.

Overall, more than 250 Swift boat veterans are on record questioning Kerry's fitness to serve as Commander-in-Chief including the entire chain of command Kerry served under in Vietnam.

Why is Kerry's Vietnam service now an issue? It's BECAUSE HE HAS MADE IT SO – what happened in Vietnam is the cornerstone of his campaign.

If any Swift Boat vets are "bought-and-paid-for", it's the small group of 13 enlisted men - six or seven who briefly served on a boat commanded by him that are being "wined and dined" on the campaign trail by Kerry. Kerry's "bought-and-paid-for" small group are under the control of the DNC and have NOT been allow to independently tell their stories to the press. The other group of Swift Vets is doing all they can to get their story out by talking to the media.

Those of you with open minds owe it to yourselves to investigate the Kerry's story further at www.wintersoldier.com and www.swiftvets.com. You might also want to read "Unfit for Command" if you can find a copy.

Last edited by air_vet on Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:45 pm; edited 7 times in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea, but let me suggest that this be done privately through PM'ing and I'll also move this to R&R. Smile

Thanks
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Nice idea, but let me suggest that this be done privately through PM'ing. Smile

Thanks

Good idea - I'm all "ears"
gkdechow
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: