SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank you swiftvets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Thank you swiftvets. Reply with quote

I just registered on this forum and would like to thank you guys for standing up and making yourself heard.

I am a 11 year Navy Veteran that went in during the tail end of the vietnam era. I was involved in the evacuation, nothing more. No combat experience so I have the utmost respect for you guys.

I have always been non-partisan and tried to vote for the best person. The fact is though that republicans support the miliary and veterans more and that's undeniable. I did mess up and vote for Carter (I was in then, we were in sad shape during his term) and for Clinton the first time. That was another big mistake. I did vote for Reagan both times.

I get sick to my stomach every time I think of the Democratic Party supporting Kerry and will probably never vote for any democrat in any election for anything at all. If he/she wants to represent the party that spit in the faces of vietnam veterans, and in fact I believe all veterans by supporting Hanoi John, then I will give them no consideration whatsoever. I don't agree with everything Bush has done, but I would eat broken glass before I support a piece of garbage like Kerry.

Whew.....glad to get that off my chest.
colmurph
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you swiftvets. Reply with quote

xsquid wrote:
I just registered on this forum and would like to thank you guys for standing up and making yourself heard.

I am a 11 year Navy Veteran that went in during the tail end of the vietnam era. I was involved in the evacuation, nothing more. No combat experience so I have the utmost respect for you guys.

I have always been non-partisan and tried to vote for the best person. The fact is though that republicans support the miliary and veterans more and that's undeniable. I did mess up and vote for Carter (I was in then, we were in sad shape during his term) and for Clinton the first time. That was another big mistake. I did vote for Reagan both times.

I get sick to my stomach every time I think of the Democratic Party supporting Kerry and will probably never vote for any democrat in any election for anything at all. If he/she wants to represent the party that spit in the faces of vietnam veterans, and in fact I believe all veterans by supporting Hanoi John, then I will give them no consideration whatsoever. I don't agree with everything Bush has done, but I would eat broken glass before I support a piece of garbage like Kerry.

Whew.....glad to get that off my chest.

GR8 post!

You by any chance a member of a VFW post in Gloucester, NJ?
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You.

No sir. Not in the State of NJ, I live down south in Arkansas. Moved there about 10 years ago from SoCal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: