SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will Douglas Brinkley turn on John Kerry?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Will Douglas Brinkley turn on John Kerry? Reply with quote

If Brinkley were the eminent and acclaimed scholar and historian as his book cover portrays him to be he would be outraged with Kerry by this time for feeding him so much misinformation for his book Tour of Duty.

But he is none of the above. He is a highly paid democrat operative, a cheap shot artist who defamed and besmirched genuine patriots and heroes like Roy Hoffman and John O`Neill in an attempt to elevate a piece of garbage into someone he never was or never could be.

I have started a list of all the distortions in his book but there is nothing that makes me angrier than giving Kerry credit for two tours of duty in Vietnam. The 4 month stint where he lied and wrote up phony reports to accumulate medals was dishonorable enough but take credit for a 2nd tour because on the way to Australia your ship anchored for two weeks in waters off the Vietnam coast is a slap in the face to every veteran.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rats will start deserting the sinking ship. Kerry needs to resign.
stop kerry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: The rats will start deserting the sinking ship. Kerry needs Reply with quote

They may be turning on Kerry -maybe but he will never Resign. He grew up fixated on being JFKII and he's close so he cannot contemplate quitting.
The swifies are huring Kerry !!! You can tell by the dirty trickes the booksellers are doing and the Vitriolic hate coming from the Democrat stooges. --Keep up the good work and if Bush says stop don't do it because comparing the book and ad to move-on is ludricris Twisted Evil I cannot remember who is the Author of Stolen Valor ?? He would be excellent in showing how some of the so called heroes are not. I heard yesterday on TV that Sen. Tom Harkin called Cheney a 'coward' for not going to Vietnam by getting deferments. That may be true depending on your viewpoint BUT Harkin is guilty of 'stolen valor'. He had the nerve to tell people earlier in his life he was a combat pilot veteran in Vietnam. He was proven later to be a bald-faced liar. He was never in Vietnam!!!! In the service he simply flew planes from Japan to the Philippines. Now he just says he's a Vietnam 'era' veteran. Well so am I because I never got to Vietnam BUT I would never think of lying to say I was in Vietnam. I once knew someone who like Harkin lied about vietnam. He enraged me because the people who fight in war know they can die and many do. So where do people get the notion to make up these lies. I just saw on the cover of a marine corps monthly magazine that a high ranking officer was just caught in similar lies. How do they get away with it for so long Question Question
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a combat veteran but it seems to me you would have to be better than Audie Murphy to get that many medals in that short a time, That in itself seems funny to me. I heard other veterans say they hardly had there bag unpacked after 4 months
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

low26,

You remember the saga of Admiral Broda a few years back. He committed suicide to avoid investigation/prosecution over a "V" on his Vietnam service ribbons that he didn't earn.

That's how seriously many here take this. [I think suicide is a bit over the top, but I think I have made my point.]

Truth is Beauty
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a combat veteran but it seems to me you would have to be better than Audie Murphy to get that many medals in that short a time, That in itself seems funny to me. I heard other veterans say they hardly had there bag unpacked after 4 months
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: