SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Amazon (cough cough) Review?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: New Amazon (cough cough) Review? Reply with quote

Well, nothing like an unbiased "Amazon review" to start off your day...

Quote:
It is debatable whether the book will change any minds, or votes. Instead, readers will likely reach one of two conclusions: Either John Kerry grossly misrepresented his military service or the authors are spinning the interviews that they conducted for ulterior motives. There is a third option, however; readers will further investigate both sides of the debate, and by doing so, may reach conclusions independent of partisan extremes. --Brian Neff

Amazon.com

Rolling Eyes Onward "Partisan Extremists"!
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I checked the review at 9:20 CST ... there are 5 posted, and they seem to be alternating between positive and negative. For now, it seems like a fair presentation.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as "changing any minds" go, I believe I heard on Fox that the book is having an impact on the undecideds...in favor of Bush.

Maybe Hurley's day job is at Amazon.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tilly wrote:
For now, it seems like a fair presentation.

Perhaps, but the "review" I quoted from was Amazon's OWN review.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t understand what the heck is going on at Amazon. Last night I noticed that all the reviews had been deleted. An earlier post, from today, in this thread said there were five reviews but now there are only three.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following review was still up just now. I reported it as "innapropriate." Unbiased?

Quote:
Makes me sick, August 14, 2004
Reviewer: T.W. Kallaway "professor" (D.C.) - See all my reviews

Ugh. I pick up cheap books like these off the shelves whenever I wander into a Barnes and Nobles. Pure propaganda like nearly all the rest. This piece of filth made me actually feel sick. Things of its kind make me lose hope. First of all, the majority of this book is taken out of context, cutting off very imporant pieces of quotes. Also, nearly all of the men in this book served in a unit stationed FAR away from Kerry. They are known Republican fanatics and never truly served under or near him. This is pure trash, pick up "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell them" by Al Franken for a mental and spiritual cleansing.

FUN FACT: The majority of the Bush Administration have been convicted of a federal offense! Mostly questionable accounting practices...hm...

Kerry has the agenda and the plans to run this war RIGHT. At least he has actually served in the military and can understand the implications. Bush's own commanding officers say that his father had him removed from service before the completion of training!

I wonder if he even read the book.

My own review is nowhere to be found.
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked the reviews again, and they seem to have changed.

Probably, Amazon dot com is not used to handling reviews on REAL controversial books.

Also wrote to Barnes and Noble financial/customerservice/etc. saying that since my local Barnes and Noble won't get copy of bestselling "Unfit For Command" in until September, I ordered from Amazon dot com.
DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tilly wrote:
I just checked the reviews again, and they seem to have changed.

Probably, Amazon dot com is not used to handling reviews on REAL controversial books.

Also wrote to Barnes and Noble financial/customerservice/etc. saying that since my local Barnes and Noble won't get copy of bestselling "Unfit For Command" in until September, I ordered from Amazon dot com.

Good luck. I ordered from Amazon on July 30, and it still hasn't been shipped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: