SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your story and John Kerry remind me of someone I served with

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2/22 Inf. Vet 89-92
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Your story and John Kerry remind me of someone I served with Reply with quote

Though this person didn't approach the level of deceat that John Kerry has, your story has brought back memories of someone I served with when I was with the 10th Mountain Division from 89' - 92'.

I was in an Infantry Unit as an 11C and soon after returning from Panama (Jungle Training) many of us went on leave.

The person is question was someone I went through COHORT training with at Benning, so by this time I had known him for about 1 1/2 years. He was one of those guys who constantly went on sick call and always was pulling a muscle or having some problem. Eventually they just made him a driver so we would see him in the field in a clean uniform handing out MRE's. Needless to say we all thought he was a pouge.

Now on to the story. I was sitting in the airport in Syracuse waiting for my flight and out of the corner of my eye I see an E-6 in dress uniform with a combat patch, ranger tab, airborn wings and a whole bunch of ribbons. Interested, I watched the guy walk around, and when he turned I saw his face. Well who do you think it was??? It was the same piece of garbage from my battallion who was handing me MRE's two weeks earlier!!!! And he was an E-2!!!! Man was I pissed!!! He looked me in the eye, then looked down, and then hurried away.

After my leave I immediatly went to one of the few Ranger enlisted guys in my company, an E-5 who got his Ranger tab a few months earlier. I told him the story and immediatly he got two other Ranger buddies and ran over to the guys barracks. They tore the guys room apart and didn't find anything, but he admitted that he had worn the uniform and promised that he wouldn't do it again.

Man did the guy have it out for me after that. He told everyone that I had made the story up because I had it out for him. In truth, it was my word against his, but I knew what I saw I could give a rats ass what anyone thought. I was a good troop with a good reputation and treated everyone the way I would want to be treated.

So in a small sence, I can relate to what you are all going through. I busted my ass at Benning and did everything that was asked of me when I got to Drum. Then this piece of garbage takes the easy way out and is walking around town with Jump Boots, a Ranger tab and worst of all a combat patch!!!!!

To people who don't understand committment, honor and service to your country (even in peace time) this might seem like a small infraction. To me that puke might as well have burned the flag and **** on the bill of rights and the constitution while he was at it.

So you Vietnam Vets who are fighting your fight against Kerry, you keep up the fight because many of us DO understand how important it is.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: