SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Ran From Fire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Kerry Ran From Fire Reply with quote

One of the most important aspects of this book is the account of Kerry turning his boat around when under fire. This happened more than once.

The more I think about this I begin to understand why his shipmates stood with him on the stage at the Democratic convention. They would prefer to impress upon us that Kerry was a hero instead of a coward. After all, they don't want us to know that they were on a boat that fled under fire leaving the other boats and their fellow comrades to the enemy.

Kerry is a coward -- imagine how he would be as commander in chief? He'd probably run from the terrorists just as the Spanish government did.
hiyall
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another observation - the cowardly act of running away from enemy fire while other boats is a truly dispicable act.

To then later lie about the event to seek personal gain at the expense and exploitation of others bravery and duty is potentially much worse and possibly pathological.

A lying coward who puts his/her self-interests above all else, would most likely abuse that power of office often and with glee. This should be evident in multiple acts taken over the years since 1966.

The danger is not the coward part as the President is pretty well protected by others (e.g. Secret Service). So if the polls show that some military action is popular, then Senator Kerry would likely commit to it. He is not likely (in my opinion) to stay the course if the popularity fades.
Senator Kerry has a track record of enjoying the trappings and perks of office and not showing up for work. In addition, it appears that he will do anything to win and supports "the ends justify the means" approach to obtaining and holding power. This "win personally no matter the cost" attitude is the scary part for me.

I see great parallels between President Clinton's and Senator Kerry's character. I observe that polls indicate that more than 50% of voters still believe in their heart of hearts that President Clinton was a great and honorable man.
RA19667585
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the liberal talking heads have made a big fuss over the fact that those who condemn Kerry were not on the same boat or that they were half a football field away. It seems to me that one does not have to be on the same boat to see which one turns and flees under fire. Also it seems that Rassman may not have been the one in the best position to see all that was going on while in the river.

Warren
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the river??? Under the river according to Rassman.

Lucky for kerry that he managed to pull the carpet out from under Rassman...otherwise he wouldn't have been able to save him. Confused They should call kerry..."Old Lead Foot".

I didn't know that cleaning up your own mess was a medal winner. Jeeze, I've made a few messes and cleaned them up...where's my medals?

The word "RESCUE" as applied seems very charitable...what was Rassman rescued from if there was no enemy fire??? Confused

Also lots of speculation on what Rassman was doing as a member of SF...alone instead of in a team. What was his mission??? CUE Whitney Houston's song for Body Guard...!!! Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: