SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why is O'Reilly fighting this ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Why is O'Reilly fighting this ? Reply with quote

My theory is that Bill thought he was going to be the big Anti-Kerry cheerleader ... now he's being trumped by SwiftVets and he's pushing back ...
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting theory.

However, I think it goes more like this. Most situations like this do not have legs and ultimately result with nothing happening to the person who is the object of scrutiny. The Clinton's are the best example. There was Whitewater, Hillary's cattle futures, etc. End result, people were right but nothing happened. Bill knowing this chooses the skeptical approach. He thinks this strategy will ultimately prevail and does want to be grouped with those who brought the charges. That way he can point to previous statements and assert his greatness and high level of wisdom.

Bill screwed up. It's got legs, it's gathering steam and it is single handedly tanking Kerry's numbers.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, it is ratings & $$$ that are the final arbiters of most things major media.

When O'Reilly was fresh, he could afford, perhaps, to bring a unique perspective to an issue. Now he has his finger in the wind. Pithy. I mean pitty.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to dress BOR up as Paris Hilton's little lost dog and see if I can collect a reward. BOR yaps a lot and gets all nervous.
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the Democratic primary, Bill said he liked John Kerry, I distinctly remember hearing him say on the radio, that he was very "good friends" of theirs. I lost respect for his impartiality after that.

He has a definite bias. Bill wants to believe that Kerry is a hero, as do many others. They want so much to believe that they put blinders on and hope it will go away.

It is not likely to.

I recommend spreading the word about Kerry and this site in chat rooms and other boards in the swing states.
Steve02C5
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Woll wrote:
During the Democratic primary, Bill said he liked John Kerry, I distinctly remember hearing him say on the radio, that he was very "good friends" of theirs. I lost respect for his impartiality after that.

He has a definite bias. Bill wants to believe that Kerry is a hero, as do many others. They want so much to believe that they put blinders on and hope it will go away.

It is not likely to.

I recommend spreading the word about Kerry and this site in chat rooms and other boards in the swing states.

You and Me#1 are both spot-on! I think it's a combination of the two; afterall, history has shown those MA people do stick up for their own, even if they've killed, e.g., Whitey Bolger - brother was Mayor and Teddy boy, to name a couple.
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!! I'm from Mass., and I resemble that remark. Wink Embarassed

Actually, Whitey Bulger is the brother of former President of the Massachusetts State Senate Billy Bulger. Much more powerful than Governor, nevermind Boston mayor IMHO. Maybe that's why we can elect Republican Governors ?

Another good story is that a former Boston mayor, James Michael Curley, was re-elected while he was in jail.
arjr111
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember last year when O'Rielly credited Vietnam era protestors with helping end an "unwinnable war" and in the process, undoubtedly saved many lives. (Paraphrased)

I wrote him an email, explaining that those same protestors were more likely one of the causes for the loss of the Vietnam War, along with a fearful Johnson administration that decided to fight a war of attrition, instead of a strategic war, which we certainly could have won.

And that those same protestors, most likely had contributed to many deaths, wounds and psychological problems, suffered by both serving, and returning troops.

Of course, I did not receive and answer. So my revised opinion is that O'Reilly thinks he is smarter than he actually is!
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: O'Reilly Reply with quote

A few months back I began noticing O'Reilly taking conflicting
sides on issues. Illogical comments. Perhaps for ratings, perhaps
for some other reason. ( maybe someone has pictures ? Very Happy )
Just about the time the Democrats started attacking Rumsfeld
suddenly O'Reilly was attacking him. ( May June this year ).
The Michael Moore interview actually boosted Moore.
O'reilly was cruising about the Democratic convention like a Gadfly.
Now the attack on the SwiftVets.
What I believe you are seeing is the actions of a typical convictionless
news media member. He's has no beliefs and wants to position himself so that no matter who wins the election he can pretend to have been "fair".
O'Reilly IS the SPIN ZONE. He's putting a spin on his own reporting.
I don't watch him. Hope audience is not be as stupid as O'Reilly
thinks they are.
MikeGranby
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a different take on Mr O. I think he's going to pains -- ridiculous pains in some cases, I'll grant you -- to preserve his "unbiased" position, but that in the end, he'll come down an endorse Bush. I think he believes he'll carry more weight by keeping out of things like the SBFT, and leaving it until later in the campaign to come down for one candidate or the other.
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to remember he lives in NY city, He plays footsie with all the east coast liberals in the cocktail parties. he was recently accused of being conservative and a bunch of "reporters" were going to expose fox as a right wing machine.
a little under half the country supposedly supports Kerry, and the main stream media is treating this issue as spin, so O'leftwing rielly is dutifully reporting what he thinks the public considers as SPIN,
Hes a liberal in disguise, I never have liked him.
Dwight Callaway
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite all of O'reilly's claims about what a heroic crusader he is, he is really a coward when it comes to taking a stand on a very controversial subject. He will invoke politically correct positions like the worst of them. O'reilly knows that the magnitude of this scandal is unprecedented. It scares him.

O'reilly knows Kerry is a liar and fraud about Vietnam and much more. He just ain't gonna go first and say it. For one thing it puts him in the same boat with Drudge, Rush, Hannity - who O'reilly hates/is jealous of/puts down all the time as "not fair and balanced -- like HIM".

O'reilly will wait and overtly hit Kerry, only when it is safer to do so; after he has been reluctantly dragged to the sad conclusion about Kerry. O'reilly is already covertly attacking Kerry with some of his guest hosts.

All you O'reilly e-mailers can play to his ego, because he has a HUGE ONE.

Dwight
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sappose that is a fair analogy, I sappose I am more of a ball grabber!
The trouble is when you start playing beat around the bush with these people you loose your momentum, thusly I am a proponent of KICK EM WHILE THEY ARE DOWN. dont stop untill the scream you were right, which never happens becouse the will only become more disstainfully hatful of you becouse of thier emberrassment. LOL
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Me#1You#10
it is ratings & $$$ that are the final arbiters of most things major media.

I totally agree with this theory. But I have never been a fan of O'Rielly'
s, so I would probably miss it. Heard some #'s about him bringing the biggest audience to Fox. Hard for me to believe but it seems that he could help out the SBVFT if he chose too. But maybe he has not got the money pushing him to do so. Just my opinion on this matter.

Curt
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeGranby wrote:
I think he believes he'll carry more weight by keeping out of things like the SBFT

But he has not kept out of the swift boat story. He has given his opinion and it is not favorable to the swifties. .

This one is a no brainer. The swifites are right and Kerry is a lying SOS. Oreilly is smart enough to know that. He has alterior motives and they linger in hell.....

Zell Miller
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: