SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone know of a real Viet Nam era Vet voting for Kerry
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know of a real Viet Nam era Vet voting for Kerry Reply with quote

I honestly haven't met one yet. In the last six months, I've asked every VN era vet I know or meet what they think of Kerry. The word I hear most is Traitor. Coward and ******* are a close second.

Now I live in Texas -- so it might be different in other parts of the country. What do y'all hear?
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 other vets live in my condo...

1 is sick of US politics and will not vote (no longer registered).

1 is a retired PJ and thinks Kerry is and was a traitor (Registered Democrat).

1 is retired SF and thinks Kerry is and was a traitor (he is a bit more vocal about it than the PJ)(registered Republican).

1 is a retired PAC clerk and thinks Kerry was a traitor and can't figure out why any party would nominate him (registered Democrat).

And I am absolutely sure that John F. Kerry is a traitor (registered Republican).
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Good point Reply with quote

I can't find any either. The only few that do are enjoying lots of fawning media attention and getting their expenses paid by the Kerry campaign to boot! It's very important that the 2.5 million Vietnam Vets vote this November. I'm also starting to think that 90%+ of the other 23 million veterans in this country don't like him much either! Can you say landslide?Semper Fi!
colmurph
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad will probably vote for Kerry, but then again...he's voted the straight Democratic ticket in every election since he died in 1974.
BrownBill
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not be voting for him.

I served in the BrownWater Navy in VietNam. 2 tours, 16 months on PBR's, 3 months on a Zippo, in CTF-116, without so much as a scratch, until The Big Nasty Day happened in May of '69. Eleven months in naval hospitals and most of the last 35 years in a wheelchair. At times what really hurts is knowing that a federal employee with a sprained back gets almost 3 times the retirement compensation that I do; and, theirs is automatically adjusted for COL, doesn't require a Congressional spending bill. But, I digress.

Kerry is a TRAITOR! Look at his actions in Paris in 1971.

I think back, about how much I enjoyed using the Mk19! Spread joy around the perimeter to funnel them in to where the bow M2 or M60 could do its' thing!
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Will ANY Vietnam vet vote for Kerry? Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, BrownBill! Come on, somebody out there: who is a Vietnam vet AND supports John Kerry for CIC? There has to be a couple of you out there .... anybody? C'mon, we won't bite you .... tick ... tick ....tick .... oh, well - Semper Fi!
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownBill wrote:
I think back, about how much I enjoyed using the Mk19! Spread joy around the perimeter to funnel them in to where the bow M2 or M60 could do its' thing!

Spread Joy around the perimeter! Very Happy Love it.

We put em on HMMWVs. They deliver the Mail for sure.
colmurph
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Does anyone know of a real Viet Nam era Vet voting for K Reply with quote

Big Kahuna wrote:
I honestly haven't met one yet. In the last six months, I've asked every VN era vet I know or meet what they think of Kerry. The word I hear most is Traitor. Coward and ******* are a close second.

Now I live in Texas -- so it might be different in other parts of the country. What do y'all hear?

I met one! He's a member of the Diamond State VFW in Wilmington, DE. A 100% VA disability type by the name Al Head. He also claims 2 1/2 years as a POW and 13 Purple Hearts. When we checked him out through FIO we found out that he was an "Automobile Mechanic" with the USMC in Vietnam but was never a POW and has no Purple Hearts. You'll find his name posted prominently on the "Wall of Shame" on the POW network.
He loves the Democratic Party because he's on the suck.
colmurph
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Does anyone know of a real Viet Nam era Vet voting for K Reply with quote

Big Kahuna wrote:

I met one! He's a member of the Diamond State VFW in Wilmington, DE. A 100% VA disability type by the name Al Head. He also claims 2 1/2 years as a POW and 13 Purple Hearts. When we checked him out through FIO we found out that he was an "Automobile Mechanic" with the USMC in Vietnam but was never a POW and has no Purple Hearts. You'll find his name posted prominently on the "Wall of Shame" on the POW network.
He loves the Democratic Party because he's on the suck.
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone know of a real Viet Nam era Vet voting for K Reply with quote

Big Kahuna wrote:

Well, here's one (me), and I've met a number of others. Not surprisingly, there probably aren't too many hanging out here!

Doug
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone know of a real Viet Nam era Vet voting for K Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
Big Kahuna wrote:

Well, here's one (me), and I've met a number of others. Not surprisingly, there probably aren't too many hanging out here!

Doug

and I'd like to personally extend my thanx for that!
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
Craig

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Does anyone know of a real Viet Nam era Vet voting for K Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
Big Kahuna wrote:

Doug

How are people proving to be vets here?
DD-214? I could make anyone a vet in a quick juffy if that were proof accepted.
Jargon? - That is laughable.
Quiz? - Hell, I just looked up my outfit has a web site. Right now I forget if I was in 1st Batallion or 1st Brigade. - Think I am mild dyslexic and they both start with B. Wink
I've been long POed at my DD-214 anyway. It claims I was a Pershing Missile crewman. I saw a couple of them missiles on the parade ground once. I have not a clue what a Pershing missile crewman might do. I was just set to guard the goddmaned warheads and only ever saw some of them out of the bunkers once.
Oh well. Maybe I can remember how to put stuff on my web site - I think my current server gave me a web site? Picture of me in uniform would not likely be recognizable as me now - and I could put up pictures of anyone anyway.
I dunno why I would especially want to be posting to Vets only anyway. Just seem more outrageous right wing b****ing and try to come up with novel slanders anyway. I am amazed at some of the crap that folks just know of what Kerry must have really done "Must have ...." - amazing.
tbob38
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: VN era vets for Kerry? Reply with quote

I think there are a couple over at LTTE

http://p082.ezboard.com/fletterstotheeditorfrm1
TRUTH108

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Many Vet Groups Are Block Voting Reply with quote

The American Legion is urging all vets to support Kerry. I live in Texas and I have also spoken with Alpha Omega, a Vietnam organization formed to find MIA's, they are supporting Kerry, there are many veterans groups supporting the Senator.

This is a board that operates solely on emotion, not facts. They refuse to read issues that have been researched and they refuse to accept what the research presented.

If the information doesn't meet with their ideaology they totally lose it.

Lost cause, but their numbers are small and they have self contained themselves. That is a good thing.

GO KERRY! FROM A VET!
xsquid
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is another flat out lie. I'm a member of the american legion, have been for years, and they in no way, shape or form support kerry. Now you are getting really pathetic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: