SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Donate Unfit for Command After Reading to Vets at VA Hospita

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Donate Unfit for Command After Reading to Vets at VA Hospita Reply with quote

Vets at VA hospitals often have limited reading materials, a wonderful gift is to donate your Unfit for Command to you local VA medical center and state run veterans homes so that our fellow brothers and heros will know more about John Kerry before the November election.

JK
cdbarker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great idea! Will do that as soon as I get my copy and get it read.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super idea...wish I'd thought of it.
stop kerry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know whether any former swiftvets are in Veterans hospitals????
angrylady
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would there be a way for this site to set up some means for us to buy a book online and direct it to be sent to a hospital, maybe a pull down so we can donate to the hospital near us.

I hate to be cold, but there's no way I'm giving up my copy, need it for continual reference - I'd surely buy one for a hospitalized vet.
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Donate Unfit for Command After Reading to Vets at VA Hospita Reply with quote

Publisher of Unfit for Command is considering donating books to VA hospitals...I had received an email earlier today from the publisher to state their marketing department is considering donating once the book order demand is met. From my travels to VA hospitals the patient libraries had minimal materials since most of the $ went to the physician libraries.

JK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: