SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swift Boat Press Conference

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim howley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Swift Boat Press Conference Reply with quote

I feel privileged to have seen your press conference and hope a band of brothers ...true leaders and patriots then and now....will succeed, and that the TRUTH alone will cause the end of Kerry.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: News conference is online Reply with quote

You can view the excellent press conference of the Swift Boats Veterans for Truth at the c-span site: http://www.c-span.org/Search/basic.asp?ResultStart=1&ResultCount=10&BasicQueryText=swift

You will need Real Player to view the streaming video, but it's worth the trouble to download and install the program just to see this press conference.

Some of us are damned mad that not only did this group not get the appropriate level of airing that it deserved, a couple of news outlets actually turned it into hit pieces on the group, itself. Tell me our media isn't partisan!

I am glad to say that I was able to see one of the c-span airings and I was very proud of each one of you! You served your country well in our military and you are stepping up to the plate once again. BZ's!!!!!

It was clear that some of you are not used to speaking in public, but each one of you was very eloquent in your own way. I was moved to tears at a couple of points in the presentation, but I was cheering for each of you!

I've watched the news conference via the internet several times and I still can't get through it without tears, but I've still recommended it to everyone I knew.

Don't be discouraged - the truth WILL come out!

Last edited by Navy_Navy_Navy on Fri May 07, 2004 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spirit
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject: Audio of press conference Reply with quote

If you can't play the C-Span file, I've placed an audio file of the conference at:

http://www.spiritoftruth.org/swiftvets/swiftvets.wma

As for my opinion, see:

http://www.spiritoftruth.org/swiftvets.htm

J. Adams

"It is a fact that in the entire Vietnam War we did not lose one major battle. We lost the war at home and at home John Kerry was the field general."

- Bob Elder, Swift Boat Veteran For Truth
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you J. Adams for making that available!

I especially like the quote that you have at the top of the page. I literally jumped up and cheered at these words,

"It is a fact that in the entire Vietnam War we did not lose one major battle.
We lost the war at home and at home John Kerry was the field general."
- Bob Elder

YES!!!!!!
Spirit
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome!

And thank you Swift Vets for fighting for America and for taking a stand now when your opinions are so very important.

J. Adams

"It is a fact that in the entire Vietnam War we did not lose one major battle. We lost the war at home and at home John Kerry was the field general."

- Bob Elder, Swift Boat Veteran For Truth
Decom Reject
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Rather Panned the Press Conference Reply with quote

Here's some interesting facts about "Rather be surrendering..."

From the book Stolen Valor:

"Rather certainly has experience with the military. During the Korean War, when men could be drafted out of college, Dan Irvin Rather joined the Army Reserves while attending Sam Houston University in Huntsville, Texas, thus avoiding the possibility of being drafted. On graduating in 1954, well after the Korean War was over and the killing had ended, Rather quit the reserves and enlisted in the Marine Corps. (This is the same national broadcaster who, night after night during the 1988 presidential campaign, hammered Republican vice presidential candidate Dan Quayle for avoiding Vietnam by joining the National Guard.) Although the press often refers to Rather as an " ex-Marine," he did not finish Marine recruit training. He joined the Marines on January 22, 1954, but was discharged less than four months later, on May 11, for being medically unfit. (As a boy, Rather had suffered from rheumatic fever.)"

The above paragraph is footnoted: Military record of Dan Irvin Rather, National Personnel Records Center, FOIA request by B.G. Burkett, August 23, 1990.
Greenhat
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Swift Boat Press Conference Reply with quote

jim howley wrote:
I feel privileged to have seen your press conference and hope a band of brothers ...true leaders and patriots then and now....will succeed, and that the TRUTH alone will cause the end of Kerry.

Well said.
eecee
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Thank you J. Adams for making that available!

I especially like the quote that you have at the top of the page. I literally jumped up and cheered at these words,

- Bob Elder

YES!!!!!!

As Nixon had been in "secret" negotiations since 1969, and the process of "Vietnamization" and troop withdrawal was in full swing by 1971, it's hard to see how John Kerry could be the "field general" behind our exit from Vietnam.

In fact, at the time Kerry testified before Congress, American troop strength was a little over 25% of what it had been in 1968. Within days of the date he testified, all the Marine ground forces had been withdrawn from Vietnam; all US combat troops were gone within 16 months.

http://www.historyplace.com/unitedstates/vietnam/index-1969.html

I suppose if you want to call anyone the "field general, " it would be Henry Kissinger.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eecee wrote:

As Nixon had been in "secret" negotiations since 1969, and the process of "Vietnamization" and troop withdrawal was in full swing by 1971, it's hard to see how John Kerry could be the "field general" behind our exit from Vietnam.

Well, nobody said that he was the "field general" behind our exit, eecee.

He was the field general for the war we lost on our streets at home.

He marched beneath the VC banner and spouted the anti-war propaganda scripted for him by the Kremlin.

He lied about our troops and their activities.

He led a generation of "useful idiots."

He's leading another generation of them, today.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so that's it! Kerry was a Soviet dupe. This reminds me of similar claims that Clinton was under control of the Soviets and would open up our skies, borders and ports to the Kremlin.

Protesting the war in Vietnam, even as radical as some of the returning vets were, was not scripted by the Soviets no matter how often you say it. It was our own screw-up they were responding to. Rather than acknowledge the US's own error, you blame the protesters through the Soviets.

Ironically, if anyone was scripting the anti-war movement, it was the FBI with its plants and infiltrators who exhorted the protesters to commit violent acts as revealed later by the Church Commission.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: