SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELP unable to find book anywhere in Seattle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfseattle
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: HELP unable to find book anywhere in Seattle Reply with quote

I have called every Book Store in the Seattle Area and all said they got a limited quantity of the book and sold out. Further they (Barnes and Noble
and Borders) said it could be as long as 2 weeks to get any copies.
If anyone knows where i might get copy quicker i would appreciate it.
George F. Strauch SSG US Army Retired
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Others have ordered it here, direct from the publisher;

http://www.regnery.com/regnery/040809_unfit.html
kerrlied
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: In Seattle Reply with quote

I called all over TOO. I ordered it from Amazon Two weeks ago they say they will ship this week.
I think all the Liberal nit wit books store in seattle are hiding the books.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would not amaze me if that were true, I ordered my copy from amazon on aug 6th just shipped aug 20 will recieve next week. I did cheap out and use the free delivery. Would suggest using the express, even though it costs more. I live in Spokane, going to seattle is like going to a different country.
cdbarker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle! I've tried in two STATES and still don't have one. Finally ordered one last week and called today to see if it might be in. They were expecting it in the middle of this past week. Now they say late next week. Asked what the problem is and they told me they can't publish them fast enough! That's great news and if that's true, I'll be glad to wait for my copy. That just means we're making progress where it counts because I'm sure the more people who read it (even from curiosity) the more will see Kerry for what he really is! A TURN-TAIL-AND-RUN TRAITOR TO HIS COUNTRY AND HIS FELLOW VETS!
mkj1953
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Ordering Information for the book Reply with quote

If you can't find the book there are several options. Currently the best option seems to be to order from an on line dealer such as the conservetive book club at 1-888-219-4747.

Good luck, it is worth the wait.
mkj1953
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Publishing rummors verified Reply with quote

All
I received a wonderful E-mail from Regency Publishing today verifying that the book is, indeed in high demand and is being printed as fast as they can. While a few book stores may not be giving the book it's well deserved "front counter" display area, 99% of the stores, when push comes to shove, will choose profit over politics. Keep asking, order the book. I recommended that my local B&N put up a sign detailing the issues with the availability and to my surprise, they did just that.

mkj
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to have a difficult time finding this book in the People's Republic of Seattle, where they don't really believe in free speech or free press.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try www.booksamillion.com. I got one on order, should ship tomorrow or Friday.

THe gal there today told me their shipment came in Monday and all the books filled backorders. This end of the week shipment should take care of newer open orders, I hope.
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: GOT IT! Reply with quote

OK, I was wrong. I just bought it at COSTCO - the one in Edmonds on Aurora/Hwy 99. I don't know the exact address. They have a gazillion Tommy Franks books and then a very small stack of "Unfit for Command." Good price too - about $16.
navmanjim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: locate "Unfit for Command" Reply with quote

If you are having trouble finding THE BOOK, check out EBAY. Today (30/Aug/2004) had LOTS of them available. (I got mine from Amazon...no problem).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: