SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time for all Veterans to speak out!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
veterans advocate
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Time for all Veterans to speak out! Reply with quote

As the former wife of a Vietnam Combat Veteran who volunteered for service and spent 3x the time John Kerry served in Vietnam, and who sustained life-threatening injuries as a direct result of his service in that war; and,

as the daughter-in-law of a WWII decorated veteran and former POW; and,

as the niece of a retired AF Colonel who served in three wars;

as the niece of a retired Navy veteran awarded the highest Marine Corp Metal for service in WWII; and,

as a woman who served as National Librarian of the American Ex-POW Organization; and,

as National Researcher for International Veterans Association, who personally researched and wrote testimony presented for S364, and incorporated in S330 hearings (passed) providing, for the first time in history, for Judicial Review of Veterans' Claims, and

as a Volunteer at the Vietnam Veterans Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and advisor at the Dade County Veterans' Center,

I find John Kerry's treatment of his "tiny" tour of duty in Vietnam, his exploitation of the man whose "life he saved" (WHOSE DUTY AND JOB IT WAS FOR HIM TO SAVE), HIS TESTIMONY AFTER THE WAR CONCERNING ATROCITIES WITHOUT SPECIFICITY - and his most recent statement (at the Convention I believe) that "he would close the National Guard method of war avoidance", to be offensive, misleading, mischaracterize, inappropriate and uncharacteristic of any man who should become Commander-in-Chief.

Kerry is ego-maniacal and opportunistic at the very least. I further find his words to be a grave offense to all Vietnam Veterans', and all veterans, their wives and children and especially former Guardsman who went active and willingly fought and sometimes died in Vietnam.

Amist the many memories I have, I will never forget, and can close my eyes even now and still clearly see the faces of the young men home days after being in combat, some sleeping outside the Vietnam Veterans' Center with combat knife still in their boots, robbed of their innocence by a cowardly Congress, so fearful were they - and I WELL remember hearing and personally seeing in THEIR records of how many LIVES THEY SAVED WITHOUT EVER WANTING OR TAKING ANY CREDIT.

I am so grateful that Swift Boat Veterans are standing up for the truth and remembering these REAL veterans. I further hope you will stand up and take notice of just how many NATIONAL GUARDSMEN LOST THEIR LIVES IN VIETNAM (as well as other wars). Please continue to speak out and not let Kerry's remarks go unchallenged!

Sincerely,
Colette T. Terracino
Ladder Yankee 33
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Time for all veterans to speak out. Reply with quote

Thank you Colette for you most gracious words. I agree that ALL Vietnam Vets should bombard the media with emails, letters, and phone calls in support of SBVFT. It's time that America recognize what we sacrificed and the price we paid, on our filed of honor that JFK so blithely smeared with his Congressional testimony. He poisoned the well for all of us returning home from Vietnam. We bore the brunt of the America's spite at the garbage he spewed fourth along with Jane Fonda and the rest of the VVAW. The heads of the media today are JFK's and JF's running mates. They have no interest in the truth. This is just another opportunity to piss on us like they did 30 years ago. I can not imagine why ANY Vietnam Vet would align themselves with this "Band of Liars!.

May God Bless you and Keep you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: