SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MY post to the KerryEdwards Official Forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: MY post to the KerryEdwards Official Forum Reply with quote

I submitted a post earlier today with four questions: (1) abandoning his sick wife with their two children; (2) David Alston's speech at the DNC; (3) conflicts in Rassman's statements/speeches; (4) disproving the allegations by SBVFT once and for all by releasing his military records rather than redirecting to Bush - so that american voters are allowed an opportunity to hear his plans for our future, the issues of today, etc INSTEAD of wasting more of our time dragging this battle out - HE could put the whole thing to rest/to an end RIGHT NOW IF HE WOULD.

Rather than answer my questions, which BTW they explicitly (pretend to) ask for, THEY DELETED MY POST. I was in no way rude or "shifty" in the way I worded/presented my questions. I (begged) them to help me and my husband get through the confusion of this mess so that we could make an informed decision/vote. They let me know loud and clear that MY HUSBAND AND I DO NOT MATTER TO JOHN KERRY. This is he and Sen. Edward's Official Website/Online Forum - not just any Kerry Blog.

Following is my last attempt to have my VALID QUESTIONS answered by a man? who is asking me to choose him as my next President. I don't understand, he wants me and my husband to vote for him but he does not want me and my husband to ask him any uncomfortable questions? (yeah, I DO understand.......)

[quote=D103486,Aug 21 2004, 06:18 PM]
The revelations this week about the Smearboat Liars for Bush group having long standing connections to the Bush family and Karl Rove has turned the table somewhat and put Bush on the defense regarding these ads. We must be careful not to appear to stoop to their level by challenging Bush's military service. Although we know he most likely didn't complete his service, the official records say he did and challenging Bush on this will appear to be the same gutter politics that Bush has engaged in. Gen. Clark and other supporters should not make any more public statements regarding Bush's military service. If anything is to be said about it, let the press do the questioning.
[right][snapback]428286[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I don't understand. What about the obvious connections between Kerry and MoveOn? Why keep repeating these individuals are republicans when many have voted Democratic until now? Why keep complaining about a FEW hundred thousand dollars when MoveOn, Michael Moore, George Soros have over $63 Million? Why keep making fun of the President with the "reading My Pet Goat" remarks when Kerry sat for 43 minutes unable to think?

I'm quite sure you'll simply delete my questions AGAIN rather than bother trying to give me an answer. Says alot about what you think of MINE AND MY HUSBAND'S VOTE.
TroyS
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic!! but he will never answer it. I have had 5 posts deleted from the Kerry camaign forum and they have still not anwsered any of them. So much for free speech. By the way I wasn't rude either, just asking for answers.
goswiftsgo
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: I apologize Just A Mom. Reply with quote

I apologize Just A Mom on behalf on my democratic friends on the DNC site and Kerry-Edwards site.
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justamom,

Well, while I suport the SBVT 100% (as most of you know) and I agree with your sentiment, I have to say that the DNC and Kerry campaign has as much right to delete critical posts on their forums as we do on ours.

I think you were being reasonable, but I don't think they are in any mood right now to be reasonable.

Truth is Beauty
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
justamom,

Well, while I suport the SBVT 100% (as most of you know) and I agree with your sentiment, I have to say that the DNC and Kerry campaign has as much right to delete critical posts on their forums as we do on ours.

I think you were being reasonable, but I don't think they are in any mood right now to be reasonable.

One of the purposes of The offical Kerry Forum supposely is to sway people to support Kerry. And answering questions about Kerry should not bother them .

Last edited by kmudd on Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
justamom,

Funny, I have noticed that when trolls visit SBVT, members ALWAYS respond to their quiries with information and input. It isn't until they start cutting and pasteing talking points that they get toasted.

Big difference in how questions are handled...
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only posts I have seen deleted from here since I have been here that were were ones off the topic of Kerry. I have seen none deleted where a person asked honest questions about Kerry .
Curtis H.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you expect. They remove content from their very own site when issues arise.
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kmudd
The only posts I have seen deleted from here since I have been here that were were ones off the topic of Kerry.

I totally agree with that statement. I have seen threads deleted for Bush bashing and rightfully so. It isnt on the topic. I have seen Pro Kerry threads in here, mostly wanting to see how SBVFT justify their story. They do get locked if they get off the topic.

Curt
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly! During my time here, I have seen a number of Kerry supporters ask questions of these vets and/or participate in discussions. NOT ONCE HAVE I WITNESSED A KERRY SUPPORTER'S POSTS BEING DELETED SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY ASKED QUESTIONS OF THESE VETS OR FOR VALIDATION OF THE CLAIMS BEING MADE.

And that is why I didn't think anything peculiar of my posing my questions directly to "them" - the MSM certainly isn't doing it! Besides, they encourage it from us (citizens). Also, I was at the OFFICIAL Kerry-Edwards site -- not some run-of-the-mill Kerry-Edwards Blog.

As a voting American, I have every right to ask questions of each candidate in order to make an intelligent, informed vote. (well well well, maybe therein lies the problem?) Certainly, they have every right to deny me any answers....it's just that if he's asking for my vote, shouldn't he be ready, willing, and able to help me come to the conclusion that HE deserves it?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let's not clue them in that they're running off voters, hm? Wink

We really try to tolerate genuine questions - we welcome sincere participants.

But, knowing that part of DUh's modus operandi is invading boards with mass incursions and engaging people in seemingly innocuous debate keeps us close on the trigger finger.

We DO pay attention to what's going on on the opposing side, so it's a balancing act, knowing that we've got a troll invasion going on on the one hand and trying to encourage newbies and lurkers to participate.

I hope we aren't running off too many sincere posters - we try to give people the benefit of the doubt. (Unless it's blatant trash right from the start.)

Thanks to all of you for your Early Warnings. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: