SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letter to Brit Hume/Flyer Debunking
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Letter to Brit Hume/Flyer Debunking Reply with quote

Everyone,

I sent the following to Mr. Hume. Hopefully, he will run with it:

Quote:

Dear Mr. Hume,

As you have no doubt heard, a campaign worker for the Kerry campaign found a flyer allegedly linking the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth to the Bush/Cheney campaign.

I can tell you that this is an unequivocable *lie*. In the first place the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth don't even have an official flyer. The closest we come is one supporter making up an unofficial two page flyer with the official SBVFT seal. In fact anything put out by the SBVFT would have their seal. This alleged flyer had no such thing.

Furthermore, the SBVFT has no political rallies planned until 12 Sep at the Vietnam War memorial. They flyer however, says that two rallies were planned in Gainsville Fla on the 21st and 28th. No such rallies were dicussed or planned on the SBVFT website. Now don't you think that had such events been planned, they would have been formally announced on the web-site and discussed?

Finally, many of the url links on the alleged fliers are busted links. In addition the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth entry was bolded. Why?

I am not asking you to take our work on any of this. Please check out www.swiftvets.com yourself along with the other points that I have raised. I find the timing of this find to be suspiciously timed with Sen. Kerry's complaint to the FEC. Could you please investigate this.

Sincerely yours,
(deleted)

Truth is Beauty
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work! Nailed down all the points succinctly.

And if you're going to get a hearing, Brit Hume will be the one to give it to you, though Hannity and Limbaugh would too, if they weren't "off" for the weekend.
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This flyer is getting LOTS of air time.

It's pretty darn easy to come up with an 8 x 10 piece of paper that looks official! I could probably come up with one that says John Kerry is hosting a skinny dippin party for Michael Moore and George Soros, and make it look like it came from the campaign.
djv
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a flyer someone created trying to help the SBVT.

Remember if you are passing out flyers, do not place them in an official Bush headquarters or pass them out at an official Bush or Republican events.
RedneckBob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: ScareyKerry.com Reply with quote

If that ScareyKerry.com site has been up longer than today I'll eat my hat. There is a site there but it's barebones and looks hastily thrown together. I'm working on this story for our blog (We Hold These Truths to Be Self-Evident, located at stepdad.tblog.com)

I smell a rat. I've put in an email to the Alachua County Republicans asking them for a comment as to whether or not this flyer is being distributed (The AP article by Pete Yost makes no mention of contacting them, only the national Bush/Cheney Headquarters). Don't know if I'll get a response, but at least I'll have tried. There is no mention of the "rally" on Alachua County GOP's site (They have an event listed for the 20th, but not the 21st or 28th), and the kerryfiles.com site does not exist. I think this is a setup. And I think they're gonna get caught.

Is there anyone in Gainesville that can confirm or deny that this rally ("scheduled" for today) is even taking place?

Last edited by RedneckBob on Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
You Bic?
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be the story comming out of Gainesville. Scott Camil lives in Gainesville. This illustrates the incredible corrupt bias of the liberal media.

Everyone should really spread the word about this. It deserves national coverage.

VVAW radical who advocated murdering US Congresmen still active in pro Kerry politics in Florida.

His name is Scot Camil. Kerry has not distanced himself from Camil. In fact Camil is still openly an activist for Kerry according to this article in todays Gainesville Sun.

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040819/LOCAL/208190351/1078/news

Quote:
Scott Camil, a member on the advisory board for All Veterans For Kerry, said the response to bringing Sandusky to speak in Gainesville has been positive and well-received among the community

Here is some background on Camile:

Publication:The New York Sun; Date:Mar 12, 2004; Section:Front page; Page:1

http://daily.nysun.com/Repository/getFiles.asp?Style=OliveXLib:ArticleToMail&Type=text/html&Path=NYS/2004/03/12&ID=Ar00100

HOW KERRY QUIT VETERANS GROUP AMID DARK PLOT

When Talk Turned To Assassination He Exited, Vet Says

By THOMAS H. LIPSCOMB Special to the Sun

The anti-war group that John Kerry was the principal spokesman for debated and voted on a plot to assassinate politicians who supported the Vietnam War.

Mr. Kerry denies being present at the November 12-15, 1971, meeting in Kansas City of Vietnam Veterans Against the War, and says he quit the group before the meeting. But according to the current head of Missouri Veterans for Kerry, Randy Barnes, Mr. Kerry,who was then 27,was at the meeting, voted against the plot, and then orally resigned from the organization.

Mr. Barnes was present as part of the Kansas City host chapter for the 1971 meeting and recounted the incident in a phone interview with The New York Sun this week.

In addition to Mr. Barnes’s recollection placing Mr. Kerry at the Kansas City meeting, another Vietnam veteran who attended the meeting, Terry Du-Bose, said that Mr. Kerry was there.

There are at least two other independent corroborations that the antiwar group Vietnam Veterans Against the War, of which Mr. Kerry was the most prominent national spokesman, considered assassinating American political leaders who favored the war.

Gerald Nicosia’s 2001 book “Home To War” reports that one of the key leaders of Vietnam Veterans Against the War, Scott Camil,“proposed the assassination of the most hard-core conservative members of Congress,as well as any other powerful, intractable opponents of the antiwar movement.”The book reports on the Kansas City meeting at which Mr.Camil’s plan was debated and then voted down.

Mr. Nicosia’s book was widely praised by reviewers as varied as General Harold Moore, author of “We Were Soldiers”; Gloria Emerson, who had been a New YorkTimes reporter during the Vietnam War, and leftist Howard Zinn. Mr. Kerry himself stated in a blurb on the cover that the book “ties together the many threads of a difficult period.” Mr. Kerry hosted a party for the book in the Hart Senate Office Building that was televised on C-SPAN.

Another source is an October 20,1992, oral history interview of Scott Camil on file at the University of Florida Oral History Archive.In it,Mr.Camil speaks of his plan for an alternative to Mr.Kerry’s idea of symbolically throwing veterans’ medals over the fence onto the steps of the Capitol during the Dewey Canyon III demonstration in Washington in April of 1971.

“My plan was that, on the last day we would go into the [congressional] offices we would schedule the most hardcore hawks for last — and we would shoot them all,” Mr. Camil told the Oral History interviewer. “I was serious.”

In a phone interview with the Sun this week, Mr. Camil did not dispute either the account in the Nicosia book or in the oral history.He said he plans to accept an offer by the Florida Kerry organization to become active in Mr. Kerry’s presidential campaign. Campaign aides to Mr. Kerry invited Mr.Camil to a meeting for the senator in Orlando last week, but they did not meet directly.

Mr. Camil was known to colleagues in the anti-war movement as “Scott the Assassin.” Mr. Camil told The New York Sun he got the name in Vietnam for “sneaking down to the Vietnamese villages at night and killing people.”

According to the Nicosia book and interviews with VVAW members who were involved, at theVietnamVeterans Against the War Kansas City leadership conference, Mr. Camil tried to put his plan into effect. He called together eight to 10 Marines to organize something he called “The Phoenix Project.” The original Phoenix Project during the Vietnam War was an attempt to destroy the Viet Cong leadership by assassination. Mr. Camil’s Phoenix Project planned to execute the Southern senatorial leadership that was financing the Vietnam War. Senators like John Stennis, Strom Thurmond, and John Tower were his targets, according to Mr. Camil. They were to be killed during the Senate Christmas recess the following month.

After an attempt to parcel out the hit jobs required to kill the senators, Mr. Camil’s plan was presented to all the chapter coordinators present and the VVAW leadership. Mr. Nicosia’s book recounts, “What Camil sketched was so explosive that the coordinators feared lest government agents even hear of it. So they decamped to a church on the outskirts of town with the intention of debating the plan in complete privacy.When they got to the church, however, they found that the government was already on to them; their ‘debugging expert’ uncovered microphones hidden all over the place. An instantaneous decision was made to move again to Common Ground, a Mennonite hall used by homeless vets as a ‘crash pad.’”

“Camil was deadly serious, brilliant, and highly logical,” Mr. Nicosia told the Sun.

The plan was voted down. There’s a difference of opinion as to how narrow the margin was.

The claims of Mr. Kerry’s involvement in the assassination discussions in Kansas City have apparently not been previously reported.

The most recent book that focuses on Mr. Kerry’s relations with his fellow Vietnam veterans, Douglas Brinkley’s “Tour of Duty,” reports the events as follows: “In a November 10 letter housed at the VVAW papers in Madison,Wisconsin, Kerry quit, politely noting he had been proud to serve in the national organization. His reason was straightforward: ‘personality conflicts and differences in political philosophy.’ In two days,VVAW was meeting in Kansas City and he would be a noshow.”

But in a footnote, Mr. Brinkley acknowledges,“I could not locate Kerry’s November 10 VVAW resignation letter supposedly housed at the Wisconsin archives. The quote I used comes directly from Andrew E. Hunt’s essential ‘The Turning: A History of Vietnam Veterans Against the War (1999).”

When asked by the Sun who told him Mr. Kerry was “no-show” at Kansas City, Mr. Brinkley replied, “Senator Kerry.” Mr. Brinkley also stated that Mr. Kerry did not have a personal copy of the resignation letter either.

But in an interview with the Sun, the “essential” historian Mr. Brinkley relied on as his source, Andrew E. Hunt, said “I never stated that there was a letter of resignation, or even implied in my book that I saw one. I never could find one in the archives in Wisconsin. I don’t know how Brinkley got the idea that I had. I never could figure out when Kerry resigned.” When asked about Mr. Brinkley’s statement that Mr. Kerry didn’t have a copy of the resignation letter either, Mr. Hunt said, “I don’t know about that. I never could get an interview with Senator Kerry. But I never saw anyone who saves things the way Kerry does.”

Whether or not there was a letter of resignation dated November 10 is obviously important, since it predates the Kansas City assassination discussions by two days.

Mr. Camil said he did not recall whether Mr. Kerry was at the Kansas City meeting nor did he recall whether he had discussed his assassination plan with Mr. Kerry.

But Mr. Barnes, the head of the Missouri Veterans for Kerry, said, “I don’t think there was a letter of resignation. He just said he was resigning after the vote.”

Clearly there is considerable confusion about the time of Mr. Kerry’s resignation.According to Mr. Nicosia,“He resigned from the executive committee” after a spectacular argument with VVAW leader Al Hubbard at the July national leadership meeting in St Louis.

But on behalf of the John Kerry campaign, spokesman David Wade told the Sun yesterday that Mr. Kerry resigned from Vietnam Veterans Against the War “sometime in the summer of 1971 after the August meeting in St. Louis, which Kerry did not attend.”

Mr.Wade also said,“Kerry was not at the Kansas City meeting.”

Two-thirds of the American troops in Vietnam at the height of American commitment in 1969 had already been withdrawn in the “Vietnamization” policy in effect at the time of the VVAW Kansas City conference in November 1971. When asked recently by the Sun why the assassinations still seemed necessary, Mr. Camil replied: “The war was still going on. We had to stop it.”
You Bic?
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the plot thickens.

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1196345/posts

It seems the volunteer who found the flyer at the Republican HQ is a associate of Scot Camil!
kmmpatriot
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, man, you gotta love that. I will make sure that Brit gets that info. Very Happy
You Bic?
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the board of directors of Camils Org.

http://www.allveteransforkerry.org/Advboard.htm
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take the charges of the swiftvets against Kerry very seriously.

However, the reaction of the Kerry camp is hilarious. Phoney fliers....geez what will they think of next? This aspect of the swiftvet issue is quite the comedy. Laughing Laughing

Zell Miller
kmmpatriot
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Swifts have now formally disavowed the flyer....

http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/article.php?story=20040821095246406
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Bic? wrote:
It seems the volunteer who found the flyer at the Republican HQ is a associate of Scot Camil!

LOLOL!!!! Well, we shoulda seen that one coming, hm?

Rich! Totally rich!
Twidget
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my letter to the AP concerning their flier article, which they are recycling now ( http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040821/ap_on_el_pr/bush_swift_boats )

A few noteable problems/discrepancies here:

1. The web sites listed on the flier are fakes
2. The Swift Boat Vets for Truth are not involved in any rallies anywhere,
although there is discussion on their forum involving a Vietnam Vets protest
against Kerry in Washington in September.
3. Does this rally mentioned even exist? I can't find any records or plans
for it anywhere.
4. Swift Boat Veterans for Truth has issued a statement denying that they
are involved. It is not mentioned in the article.
5. Golly-gee-whiz Dem "volunteer" knows exactly what to look for, exactly at
the right time, and what to do with it. Yeah, right.

Mr. Yost may have trouble doing research for the article in Crawford, but if
that's the case, he should probably not submit the piece exactly as it was
given to him by the Kerry campaign.

My theory? It was planted. Of course, I wouldn't publish that without doing some research. It's a shame you don't have the same standards.

The Code of Ethics the AP supposedly subscribes to:
http://www.apme.com/about/code_ethics.shtml
raincross
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This "flyer" smells like a fake.
I take apart this AP "story" on my blog.
http://raincrossconservative.blogspot.com/2004/08/florida-swift-vet-flyer-smells-of-fake.html
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea, why doesn't the powers to be make an afidavit declaring that the eledged flyer is not a product of this 527 group and does not associate with the GOP. They could have a signature space for all of the actual swifties associated with this group and a space next to their name for their personal affilliation ie: Democrat, Independent, Republican etc. to show our diverstity. Then seperate from that they could list us as supporting Veterans and have a space for us to sign also. Just a thought but an afidavit is very powerful and with all of us on it wow. We could send it to all the media and the FEC. Just a thought, it would blow holes in Kerry's claim and for the whole country to see that we are from all sides would remove this illiterate claim that it is a right wing conspiracy. Semper Fi.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: