SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Barnes & Nobles - "Unfit for Command"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curt
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Barnes & Nobles - "Unfit for Command" Reply with quote

Just wanted to share my experience with Barnes & Nobles this evening. I went in and went to the customer service desk. I asked for the book, the guy couldnt understand my hick accent so I had to say it louder and slower..lol. Well the fella explained to me that they had received 20 copies and they sold out. He said he would be glad to add my name to a waiting list when they received some more. I said sure. He wrote my name down and stuffed it in his shirt pocket. I didnt think much of that but he did say that there was about 60 people on the waiting list. I put a big smile on my face. I think its great that this book is in such a demand that they cant get them. He said that the early release and something like 30,000 copies just didnt go far. But I did inform him that there is 550,000 supose to be in print now. I believe that was on the Drudge report. Just thought I would share this with you guys and I believe the guy was gonna throw my name away...lol. Amazon is gonna get my buisness.

Curt
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Books by a million has plenty.

Someone should contact B&N share holders and let them know that their stock is weaker because of the DU antics to keep UFC off the shelves. If any of you own stock in these malingering book stores...now is a good time to register a protest and dump the stock.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borders here where I live has every attack Bush book but not "UnFit for Command" They have Al Frankins book plastered all over the Polictical section and then they have a stand alone rack of the same book in the main isle . ANd the same with Bushwacked and all the other left wing books.
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That tells me the Bush attack books aren't selling. UFC is. Good problem to have!
ETEE
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my Review of "Unfit For Command" It is posted at Barnes & Noble:
Quote:

A reviewer, Marine Engineer, August 17, 2004,
Inviolable Documentation
A brilliant blending of statement of both Officers and crew, backed by sworn affadavit, U.S. Naval records and historical fact.O'Neill's book shreds the mythological John Kerry, 'War Hero' image, as seen at the Democratic Convention, in many places by using John Kerry's own statements. What is uncovered can best be described as the pathological liar that lurks just beneath the surface of all that 'nuance'. When one considers the shear number of Officers and men testifying against Kerry's statements and the virtual library of documents that attest to their veracity, you can only come away with a totally new and quite unattractive picture of the junior Senator from Massachusetts .

ET gave it Five Stars...........
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4moreyears wrote:
Books by a million has plenty.

Someone should contact B&N share holders and let them know that their stock is weaker because of the DU antics to keep UFC off the shelves. If any of you own stock in these malingering book stores...now is a good time to register a protest and dump the stock.

I put my order in for Unfit For Command at Books a Million yesterday, and they informed me via email almost immediately that it was on back order... Crying or Very sad
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my copy at Waldenbooks and they only had a view. I had also placed my name on the list of the 7 that Borders had on order..told them when they finally called to let someone else on the list read it. I stop by every couple of days and inquire at Borders for a "friend"...actually just keeping them aware that people are interested and the guy behind the counter told me they were averaging about 3 request per hour as to when they were going to get some in.

I read every word in it and it is EXPLOSIVE!!!

John Kerry truly is "unfit".
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book is really selling out....they are printing them as fast as they can.... don't believe all these conspiracy theories of stores not stocking the book.

For the vast majority of stores, they are just selling out
SonTestedShelter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister works at a B&N, and she is supportive of SBVT's cause. They simply don't have the book in many cases, and she says they get calls all the time and she has even personally been accused of having left-wing tactics at work by not stocking the book. Guys, I don't think its a conspiracy, they just don't have the book.
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonTestedShelter

You tell your sister thanks.

At the end of the day the truth is finding its way.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
shamrockgreen
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: From a Bookseller Reply with quote

Have no fear of getting a copy, order it from Amazon, it will arrive in about 3 days and it is 40% off retail. I quit shopping in B&N a long time ago and on Amazon if you order $25 or more in books you get free shipping.

This is truly the best way to support SwiftVets and their cause is by purchasing a copy of the book.
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how the other (damning) Kerry books are doing? Seems to me there are a number of them that expose him as a pathological liar that makes Clinton look saintly, versus one (positive) biography - which is now having to be pulled and parts re-written due to the lies/errors/embellishments exposed. V-E-E-E-E-R-R-R-Y INTEWESTING.......

Seems to speak volumes to me: the American voter knows Bush; the American voter knows nothing about John Kerry from Massachusetts and would probably be interested in reading some books about him to learn more??????
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called booksamillion today. They are sold out but more are due in Monday or Tuesday and the book will ship out in 24 hours after it gets there.

The lady there also said people are calling and wanting the book, but they can't keep up with demand.

Their website is www.booksamillion.com if you want to try early next week.
MarcB
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt,

I Have talked to you on the phone; You do not have a Hick accent. I would call it a good Eastern Carolina accent.

Marc

- Winston Churchill, on Neville Chamberlain
redneckvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt:

Hang in there. I have been calling book stores for the past week with the same results. Picked up two copies at B&N friday.(Wrightsville Beach, NC) They are getting delivered to eastern NC. Finished it friday nite. AWESOME.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: