SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cordier and the flyer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidFarrar
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Cordier and the flyer Reply with quote

Printed below is an examle of the fire-fight I am in with Rei at

Admin note: please see my post below.

The subject matter was Cordier's resignation...

REI: He (Cordier) was also part of a 527, and as further evidence of my point that Cordier knew he couldn't also serve in ANY official capacity in the bush reelection campaign, take a look at this article, in which another SBVT backed out of the FL rally appearance because he had been assured that it would have no connection with the Bush reelection campaign. all these guys are getting drilled on the wall separating 527 activities and campaigning. cordier consciously stepped over the line.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/state/9467955.htm

DAVIDFARRAR: Is that it? Is that all you got? Kerry thinks that just because a flyer of dubious authenticity is parked on a fold-up table in a local Republican Party county office, the American people should not be allowed to hear the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth's allegation that American prisoners were being tortured because Kerry decided to bare out his soul on the Senate floor, all in pursuit of his own selfish political career? If Kerry could do that, how much of a chance would the future of this country stand if it ever got in the way of his own selfish ambition as President?

ex animo
davidfarrar
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

Go get him because he doesn't have his factual ducks in a row.

1. The flyer is certainly a fake. In fact it was probably planted by a Kerry supporter.

How do we know this:

• The flyer did not have the SBVT official logo on it.
  • There were no GOP or Swiftvet rallies planned in Gainesville on either day. Indeed the only SBVT rally was planned for 12 Sep.
  • The flyer was of poor quality and had broken links. If all those groups participated, then the flyer would be of much better make.
  • There was no permit filed for a rally for the times in question.

As for Cordier, it is my opinion that the SBVT got careless. They should have checked to be sure he had no overt political connections. However, I note that the ad was published for a full day before the BUSH campaign came out and FIRED (well resigned technically but in politics it is the same thing) Col. Cordlier for his involvement with SBVT. It shows a genuine desire to follow campaign finance law...at least that is how any court or the FEC will take it.

Go get him.

Truth is Beauty
SteamSnipe
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: The Flier issue will bite them in the ass Reply with quote

The blatant setup from the Kerry camp for that flier is so obvious, if they press that angle it will really make them look bad for a) planting evidence and b) attempting to squelch the swiftboat right to free speech. The campaign worker who appeared so startled the flier had such significance is a member of a group called All Veterans for Kerry, which Scott Camil also belongs to in the Gainesville area. If they try to use Scott Camil, who proposed assasinating Congressman during his stint in VVAW, to do their dirty work their campaign is finished

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1196345/posts
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, let's not encourage inter-board arguments and fights.

It's completely counter-productive and it's not what this board is all about.

Whatever other sites you all participate in is up to you - but please don't post links to those other sites.

Let the other boards who engage in that kind of activity knock themselves out. We don't do that, here.

I'm sure you posted this quite innocently, so I'm just trying to nudge you in the right direction.

If you need help with a topic, ask questions here and someone will help you.

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: