SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie Observations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtpNY
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Newbie Observations Reply with quote

I ordered the book "Unfit For Command" on 8/15/04 from Amazon.com. It is supposed to ship on 8/23/04. It was *not* easy finding a place to order this book. My usual procedure for ordering books and music CD's is to go to Yahoo! Shopping and perform a search. Typically 10 or so options appear with different price and shipping options. Usually Amazon, B&N, Walmart, etc., are always included. When I performed a search for "Unfit For Command", nothing showed up. Zero results. Nada. I would not give up that easily and went directly to the Amazon site and ordered the book that same day. As of today, a search still yields no results found. How many people are giving up after not locating a copy?

I had originally planned for my book purchase to also be my donation to the cause. I had not planned to make a separate cash donation on top of the book purchase. That all changed after I saw Mr. Thurlow's appearance/treatment on "Hard Ball". I knew then that I would also be making a separate donation. I planned on waiting for my book to arrive and I hoped there would be information on how to donate. After seeing Mr. O'Neill on ABC's "This Week" today, I found this site and made a donation earlier today. Which brings me to my next point.

Mr. O'Neill mentioned the website on the program. After the show ended I tried to find the site in order to make my donation. I thought he had said SwiftBoatVets.com. However that site is an anti-Swift Boat Vets spoof site. So I tried SwiftBoatVet.com. Same thing. It leads to the same Salon anti-Swift Boat Vets site. I then tried SwiftBoatVeterans.com to no avail. I almost gave up before finally trying and finding this site. How many people will not be as persistent as me?

Please take the above as constructive criticism based on my own experiences. It is not meant to knock or denigrate the hard work and time that many have provided. I realize this is currently a relatively small, grass roots effort and appreciate it greatly. I just wish it wasn't so hard to buy the book or make a contribution. While my devotion would not let me be denied, what about the casual supporter?

p.s. Mr. O'Neill was fantastic on "This Week" this morning. Absolutely brilliant performance in front of a huge, nationwide audience. Hopefully some big momentum will began to surge after his tremendous outing. It's a shame he had to endure the grossly unfair shout-down he suffered on "Crossfire". I'm glad he didn't give up or throw in the towel. Lanny Davis even apologized (after the fact and no one probably even saw it) for his embarrassing and pathetic performance on the show. Isn't it funny how Kerry is supposed to get a pass for his opposition to the war when he came home because he was a veteran and a veteran who was there has a right to say whatever he wants. That veterans earned this right to their opinions (whether we agree or disagree with their views), But the Swift Boat Vets do *not* have this right? They all served their country. Most of them are heroes and medal recipients. Why aren't they entitled to their views? Why are they being trashed as liars, pawns and worse?

p.p.s. Sen. Bob Dole was great on CNN with Wolf Blitzer today as well. Let's see more Bob Dole. He specifically mentioned the Swift Boat Vets several times. Let's see them try to trash Sen. Dole. A true war hero.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great comments. I'm so impressed with how Mr. O'Neill has handled the terrible vitriolic comments thrown in his face on television. He has kept his cool (heck he should be running for president instead of Kerry), and stood his ground in the most professional manner.

People like that bald-headed ugly fellow on "Crossfire" and Matthews from “Hardball” just make me laugh with their completely childish behaviors.

And, independent voters seeing these actions have to ask themselves, what is it that makes their behavior so defensive? It's because they know the truth is finally exposing the lies of Kerry and they can't handle it.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtpNY...I'm so glad you kept searching for this site! Hopefully others will do the same. I have noticed that the website has not been mentioned much after interviews. But then most of the interviews are on programs that are trying to crush this information. Maybe anyone being interviewed can just interject the info right off the bat?

Bhist...I'm not sure that the two guys mentioned above are capable of seeing their behavior as childish. I'm really begining to think that the tightly wound "Shout-you-downs", and that group even includes Hannity, have some sort of personality disorder.

I think guys like Chris Mathews have chosen their "truth" and simply can't allow that anything else could be true. Hence the way he treated Michelle Malkin last Thursday on Hardball...or better said, Slimeball.[/u]

Best regards to all who long for truth in reporting...

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
have some sort of personality disorder.

I think they know exactly what they're doing. Trying to pull the wool over the eyes of John and Jane Public. Like FatA$$ Moore, they consider us gullible morons.

In fact, both sides of the aisle consider us gullible morons.

IMHO, some of the media's defensiveness stems from the fact that they no longer control the debate on this issue. I'm sure they have the weeks leading up to Election Day carefully scripted and now SBVT has stepped in and screwed up all their plans.

It's quite a spectacle. Smile
Mona
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie Observations Reply with quote

mtpNY wrote:

p.p.s. Sen. Bob Dole was great on CNN with Wolf Blitzer today as well. Let's see more Bob Dole. He specifically mentioned the Swift Boat Vets several times. Let's see them try to trash Sen. Dole. A true war hero.

Yes, and this is a highly significant development. To my mind, it signifies that the GOP has looked at the SBVTs claims and decided it is not dangerous to be associated with said claims. I don't think Dole would be publicly questioning Kerry's Purple Hearts and encouraging Blitzer to investigate whether Kerry nominated himself for these medals if the GOP thought the Swiftees were wild-eyed hacks.

I was initially horrified when I heard about the Swift Vets, assuming they would severely harm Bush. This initial caution is understandable, but as O'Neill et al. get out there to state their case, and with Unfit making a devastating indictment of Kerry, nervousness changes to respect and support.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie Observations Reply with quote

Mona wrote:

Yes, and this is a highly significant development. To my mind, it signifies that the GOP has looked at the SBVTs claims and decided it is not dangerous to be associated with said claims. I don't think Dole would be publicly questioning Kerry's Purple Hearts and encouraging Blitzer to investigate whether Kerry nominated himself for these medals if the GOP thought the Swiftees were wild-eyed hacks.

I was initially horrified when I heard about the Swift Vets, assuming they would severely harm Bush. This initial caution is understandable, but as O'Neill et al. get out there to state their case, and with Unfit making a devastating indictment of Kerry, nervousness changes to respect and support.

Good observation about Dole getting into the fray. I have not read Unfit for Comman yet, expect to get it tomorrow, but I have read the chapters that are available on line. Very damning indeed, and well documented by men of obvious high integrity.

I never felt that initial horror about the swiftvets, I had a hunch they would be just what they are....the real deal and Kerry's worst nightmare.

Go get em swiftvets!

Zell Miller
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo to your persistence, mtpNY!--It's always nice to see a friendly newcomer--C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: