SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABC "This Week" this morning
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: ABC "This Week" this morning Reply with quote

Just watched George Stephenanopolous host the segment on Kerry in Vietnam. John O'Neil was great. Clinton's John Podesta kept going off topic at flank speed! George S. kept the discussion pretty much on-topic.

All in all, a pretty good discussion.

[woops - just corrected the entry to reflect the correct ex-Clinton aide ] Embarassed

Last edited by air_vet on Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neil destroyed Podesta. George S., amazingly, dwelled on the specifics. The facts aren't Kerry's friend, and it really showed.

That was O'Neil at his best.
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neil just BEAT THE HELL out of Podesta.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
rightvet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George S. is a big time Clinton supporter if I remember correctly. Somehow this doesn't suprise me, I do believe Hillery wants to make a run in 2008 and she can't run against an incumbent Democrat.

Truth and facts have always been the enemy of the Democrats. Laughing
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Pacific Time Reply with quote

I am on Pacific time and won't be able to watch until 10:00 am It is Now 8:30 and I am watching Meet the Press. Thanks for the heads up. I've set my DVR to record!!! You all are awesome. I love this place... Laughing Exclamation
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rightvet wrote:
George S. is a big time Clinton supporter if I remember correctly. Somehow this doesn't suprise me, I do believe Hillery wants to make a run in 2008 and she can't run against an incumbent Democrat.

Truth and facts have always been the enemy of the Democrats. Laughing

That's a good point. But remember, all Step did was let O'Neil talk.

When you actually let these men tell their story it just beat the hell out of "this is a Bush dirty trick".

I feel really good about this slaughter. They won't send Podesta out again. He was like a child.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Pacific Time Reply with quote

I am on Pacific time and won't be able to watch until 10:00 am It is Now 8:30 and I am watching Meet the Press. Thanks for the heads up. I've set my DVR to record!!! You all are awesome. I love this place... Laughing Exclamation
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up. I caught it out here in Colorado. Step was very fair. He kept BOTH men on track and to the specific points he brought up.

Obviously this was, and should be, the way that all interviews should go in the future. O'Neil stayed the course. I think he is getting better and better as the interviews go forward. He knows he only has a few seconds to hammer on the facts before he is shouted down by stupid comments off-topic.

Congratulations to Step for his courage and O'Neil for his stamina!

USCG
61-69

Last edited by tiptie on Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught the Show, but missed the first few minutes. Podesta was eaten up on this by Mr. O'neill! He had no real comebacks to anything except to try and shift the subject or spin the facts more.
I learned a couple things I had not been aware of also regarding the Purple Heart, Kerry actualy was turned down for one? He waited 3 months to file the paperwork when the OIC who turned it down had left?
The "Christmas in Cambodia" story is going to hurt, as well as his comments before the Senate regarding "War Crimes", more so than any of his Purple Hearts or other Medals! Those are irrefutable lies on his part and do not come down to the "He said she said" thing. I tend to believe the SBVFT on the topic of what happened in Vietnam, it is just that the American people will be much more ready to believe the dishonesty of Kerrys own words! The debate that O'Neill and Kerry had years ago should be played over and over or at least publish the Transcript everywhere possible!
Come on!! It really is no surprise of course regarding Kerry, he has made a living off of being facetious and not being completely honest and forthcoming.
You know I can not for the life of me understand how we kept re-electing him to Office here in Ma., he truely has no integrity!
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know that O'Neill has all the details of Unfit for Command -- seared, seared in his brain.

He probably doesn't even get restful sleep because this is playing through his brain all night long.

He certainly has a lot of fortitude and I admire him for all the hard work he's doing and all the *$# he's putting up with.
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Podesta will never be able to face his democratic colleagues without apologizing for his dreadful appearance.
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a transcript!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
digger48
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Podesta is pres of a 527, his defense(obviously choreographed by the Kerry Campaign) is a blatant act of collusion.
jwb7605
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did George Will have anything to say?
I love that guy, but I always watch FOX.
p0w3rpl4y3r
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit I was beginning to doubt the Swiftvets but after seeing O'neill rip podesta apart on "this week" this morning I firmly believe the swiftvets are telling the truth and John Kerry has a serious problem on his hands. All I can say now is sign the standard form 180 Mr. Kerry. Bravo Mr. O'neill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: