SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

God Bless Bob Dole

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patriotic Mom
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: God Bless Bob Dole Reply with quote

I just watched Bob Dole on Wolf Blitzer. He was great! He kept emphasizing the fact that John Kerry received 3 purple hearts and never spent any time in the hospital or received any disability payments. He challenged Blitzer to gather the facts on whether or not Kerry wrote himself up for medals. Finally, Dole stressed that most purple heart recipients had a helluva lot worse wounds than Kerry's superficial 3 purple hearts "and you're out."

Now there's a great American. Very Happy
†he Pa†rio†™
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dole served as a platoon leader in the 10th Mountain Division and was severely wounded April 14, 1945, in the Po Valley in northern Italy. He was awarded the Bronze Star and Purple Heart. During an attack on a German position, Dole was hit by a shell fragment. Two of his vertebrae were crushed, paralyzing his arms and legs, and his lungs and kidneys were damaged. He spent three years in hospitals recovering.

Now there is a war hero!

Have always liked Bob Dole.

†he Pa†rio†™
A Son of the American Revolution
(Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. No one was there.)
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Dole is outstanding. He visited a friend of mine that was wounded twice in Operation Anaconda, Afghanistan. He also served in the 10th Mountain as a medic. He got shrapnel all up his right arm from Al-Qa'ida mortars and was shot in the leg while trying to help a man shot in the chest. He layed there for 14 hrs waiting for the medic vac, bleeding out the whole time. He would certainly say that Kerry's little scratches wouldn't be worth the honored PH.

This is really good news for the SVBT if Dole is now going to fight alongside them. Laughing

- instigator
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerry's scratches, self inflicted or not...just go to prove that he is morally bankrupt. How can he hold himself up to those vets who really earned the PH's the "old fashioned way". I guess Theresa thinks bandaids are "old fashioned". kerry is the worse kind of poser. If he gets elected we'll call him not the "CiC" but the "PiC".
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bob Dole should have a heart to heart with John McCain.
manofaiki
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush Limbaugh had a very good segment on his show a few days ago.

Some guy called in to defend Kerry's medals and Rush asked him,

"What medals did Bob Dole and George H. W. Bush have?"

and the guy goes

"Well.........uh...........I don't know."

And Rush goes exactly! That's my point! Both these guys were war heroes and yet SOMEHOW both managed to run for President without ever talking about their medals.

Now, how come everybody know what medals John Kerry won in Vietnam?

Easy.

HE REMINDS EVERYBODY EVERY FIVE FRIGGIN' MINUTES!!!

manofaiki

You bugged out in Vietnam - so we don't need you commanding us in the War on Terror!

So get lost, John Kerry!!!!!
†he Pa†rio†™
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dole Urges Kerry to Apologize to VN Vets

Dole Blasts Kerry on Purple Hearts, Urges Apology for War Protests

Severely wounded World War II combat hero Sen. Bob Dole questioned whether John Kerry deserved his three Purple Hearts on Sunday, and suggested that the top Democrat should apologize to his fellow Vietnam veterans for engaging in anti-war protests while they were still fighting the war.

"I respect his record - but three Purple Hearts, he never bled that I know of," Dole told CNN's "Late Edition." "They were all superficial wounds."

"As far as I know he never spent one day in the hospital, I don't think he draws any disability pay. He doesn't have any disability. And he's boasting about three Purple Hearts, when you think of some of the people who really got shot up in Vietnam."
Dole, who nearly died as a member of the US 10th Mountain Division from wounds he sustained during the 1944 (actually, April, 1945. Writers need to get their facts straight) invasion of Italy, is the nation's foremost champion of veterans causes, recently completing a successful mission to create a World War II memorial on the Capitol Mall this summer.

Drawing on those credentials, Dole called on Kerry to issue a public apology for calling his fellow Vietnam soldiers war criminals during his 1971 Senate testimony, telling CNN, "Maybe he should apologize to all the other two-and-a-half million veterans who served. He wasn't the only one who was in Vietnam."

"I think Sen. Kerry needs to talk about his Senate record, which is pretty thin." Dole added. "That's probably why he's talking about his war record, which is pretty confused."

†he Pa†rio†™
A Son of the American Revolution
(Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. No one was there.)
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Patriot,
Nice to see you aboard.

Bob Dole is still the defender ( patriot ) of America.

God bless him.
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please consider e-mailing Bob Dole and thanking him. The DU crew is calling him horrible disrespectful names and I'm sure they are flooding his e-mail with nastygrams.

I'm trying to do what several others here are doing and e-mailing to thank people for supporting the Swiftees. I sent Brent Hume another e-mail today.
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Dole is fantistic!

He gave the BEST graduation speech I've every heard when my daughter graduated from George Washington University. Short, to the point, and funny!

BTW, I've heard plenty - like Lyndon Johnson's Great Society speech and Hillary Clinton' health care speech - both at the Univ of Mich.

Johnson wasn't much of a speaker, but at least HE addressed the graduates. Hillary ignored the grads and gave a political position paper presentation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: