SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you don't do anything else today, read Beldar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: If you don't do anything else today, read Beldar Reply with quote

This is hilarious - http://beldar.blogs.com/beldarblog/2004/08/the_wartorn_sou.html
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Un freakin' believable... literally.

SOTG
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I am sad I will read Tour of Duty so I will laugh and lift my mood. Except, this is sad, very sad. This man is running for President and this book was written this year to boost his campaign. Amazing (shaking head in disbelief). Brinkley must see his career as a serious historian swirling down the bowl.
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be too much to hope for that a reporter would confront Kerry with this letter and ask him how he could ever be counted on to tell the truth. This shows you the extent to which Kerry will not just lie, but fantasize and fabricate to get the response he wants from his current audience.

Here's a man with a consistent past of looking into himself, finding nothing, and so he invents various personae to fill the void. Delusions of grandeur and megalomania appear here and elsewhere ("Poor sensitive me, I am the only one who understands what this war is about, I alone have morals, everybody else is crazy and criminal, nobody loves me"). This guy is a sicko. There's a name for somebody who can passionately be two totally opposite people at the same time ("I was for it before I was against it;" the anti-war war hero): schizophrenia. No wonder, either. Here's a guy who was moved dozens of times all over the world as a kid; for long periods of time in his formative years he was abandoned for years to boarding schools and the homes of relatives. Bereft of normal parental care and love, he was reduced to loving the only person he could ever count on to be there and admire him unconditionally: himself. You could say his whole life, like Bill Clinton's, has been driven by a constant insatiable need for attention and approval, for which he will say or do anything.

Counter to what one might think, this letter to Judy is not a ploy to gain her sympathy. It is a poem to himself where he can wallow in self-pity. No doubt he kept a copy for himself (or never sent the letter), and that's how Brinkley got it. And you can bet when Kerry read those "Edward R. Murrow WWII vignettes" over the PA system aboard Gridley, his biggest thrill was hearing his own stentorian voice. Note how this fits the mock interviews he did with himself in the home movies he made in Viet Nam, preparing himself for real interviews in later life. And listen to the tape of his testimony in the 1971 Senate hearing: here's a guy who loves the sound of his own voice, who tries to give it the John Kennedy cadence and accent ("we were ahsked..."). And note how, on the campaign stump or even in TV interviews, he can't use a simple conversational tone, it is always (in his mind) an historic moment of gravitas, requiring some combination of Winston Churchill, Edward R. Murrow and John Kennedy ("Bring...it...on...").

You can see just how seemingly decisive and passionate he can be on what are two diametrically opposed positions on Iraq, by the way, if you see the video at http://www.kerryoniraq.com/ (another must see).

This guy is a worse self-inventer than Al Gore. A truly empty suit. We can't have a Commander-in-Chief who would need to decide who he wants to be every day before he goes to work.

I'll bet the reason he refuses to sign Standard Form 180 is because it will reveal the psychotherapy he probably went through while in the service. If you remember it was Senator Eagleton's pyschiatric care that got him bumped from McGovern's VP spot, you can see why Kerry would want to keep a lid on that. I mean, we know about his prostate cancer operation and that there is a 5% chance he might not survive that. We know the embarrassing (for him) details about the very minor medical care required for each of his Purple Hearts. So what could be worse than those truths that he refuses to open up his medical records?

The truth has been poring out in torrents this past month. One way or another, it will all come out. It always does.

Larry
tvaughan
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the letter is very funny, its a letter written to his girlfriend, not the press. The guy is trying to *** **** by proving how sensitive he was. Do you know how many people became hippies, communist, anti-war protesters, or even pro-choice rioters simply because they were just trying to *** ****?

Well, let's just say "a lot".

This is probably the only lie of Kerry's I don't begrudge him for. I'm just glad he wasn't writing to MY daughter.

I do think Larry is right that this guy lies more than Gore. The irony of the "Bush lied" crowd picking a sociopathic liar is just too rich.
Talking point #1: Sign 180
Talking point #2: Sign 180
Talking point #3: Sign 180
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the "Dear Judy" Letter
Judy Darling,

There are so many ways this letter could become a bitter diatribe and go rumbling off into irrational nothings.... I feel so bitter and angry and everywhere around me there is nothing but violence and war and gross insensitivity. I am really very frightened to be honest because when the news [of the combat death of his college friend, Dick Pershing] sunk in I had no alternatives but to carry on in the face of trivia that forced me to build a horrible protective screen around myself....

The world I'm a part of out there is so very different from anything you, I, or our close friends can imagine. It's fitted with primitive survial, with destruction of an endless dying seemingly pointless nature and forces one to grow up in a fast — no holds barred fashion. In the small time I have been gone, does it seem strange to say that I feel as though I have seen several years experience go by.... No matter [where] one is — no matter what job — you do not and cannot forget that you are at war and that the enemy is ever present — that anyone could at some time for the same stupid irrational something that stole Persh be gone tomorrow."

You can practically hear the mortar rounds shriek overhead Kerry's foxhole, can't you? Everything around him "is nothing but violence and war" — "endless dying," the enemy "ever present."

Except that this letter was written in Febuary 1968, while Kerry was an ensign aboard the missile cruiser U.S.S. Gridley as it plied the dangerous waters of war-torn Pearl Harbor, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA. The Gridley was still almost 6000 miles and many weeks away from the waters offshore of Vietnam. [u][/u

Read it all at:

http://beldar.blogs.com/beldarblog/2004/08/the_wartorn_sou.html

I cannot stop laughing, oh Lordy my innards are throbbing
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a lot like the SNL satire of David Copperfield ie. "Miles Cowperthwaite" with chapters such as "I am eaten by sharks" and "I am nailed to the hull" Laughing Wink

Zell Miller
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I am sad I will read Tour of Duty so I will laugh and lift my mood. Except, this is sad, very sad. This man is running for President and this book was written this year to boost his campaign. Amazing (shaking head in disbelief). Brinkley must see his career as a serious historian swirling down the bowl.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst smear of the year is Doug Brinkley's total loss of credibility as a presidential historian. The guy has GOT to rue the day he ever signed that contract with Kerry. Money isn't that important.
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever did the Navy do without John Kerry prior to 1968?

I mean - the Navy was a ship that was DIW for nearly 200 years at that point, weren't they?

Wink
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!! I was thinking more of Chris Elliot's movie "Cabin boy!!"

"He's Sailing High On The High Seas, Without A Rudder, A Compass, Or A Clue!" Isn't that our Kerry? LOL!
larrygj
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if this is John Kerry just trying to *** ****, it shows you how far he will go with the truth if he wants something. I hope Brit Hume gets this for his Grapevine moment for his news show. Hey, it wouldn't hurt if those reading this would email the link to anybody in the media you think will take a look at it. Nothing undoes the bully and the coward more than to be laughed at.

Larry
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict that, should John Fable Kerry be elected President, he will become the most famous President in our history. Just think he has spent his entire life developing the skills to document his fame.

Who needs real skills and courage so long as you know how to get your exploits, real or imagined, documented properly.

Clinton's problem is he started way to late to get his legacy to where he wants it. Now he frantically scrambling to get someone to rewrite history to save the legacy he so desperately craves.

Kerry though has got decades of practice and now he has the help of the liberal Democrat Party and a caudre of lefty biographers to do the writing.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm concerned, Bill Clinton's legacy is 9/11. I don't even want to contemplate what John Kerry's legacy would be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: