SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A question for the Swifties?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireDog53
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: A question for the Swifties? Reply with quote

As I stated in the introduction portion. I was with MACV Advisory Team 64 in the district of Tan Chau, province of Chou Doc for 11 months of a 16 month tour. Tan Chou was on the boarder with Cambodia on the Mekong River. I worked with the brown water Navy guys and was wondering. As was explained to me by the brown water guys they had what was termed PBR's and Gun Boats. Through my recollection as best I can The Swift Boats (present pictures) looked different than the Gun Boats. What was the diffence between the Swift Boat and the Gun Boats they used while I was in country? Again to my recollection I don't remember them looking alike. Just curious. Thanks Swiftees.

Last edited by FireDog53 on Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
DEL
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow this link http://brownwater-navy.com/vietnam/vietnam.htm you will find a page with photos of many types of small craft operated by the navy in Vietnam.

Hope this hepls.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firedog: I didn't catch when you were stationed there, but if you never saw a Swiftboat at the Cambodian border it tells me something about Kerry's story. Smile
FireDog53
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Tan Chau from 3-71 to 2-72. Because I wasn't Navy, I'm a little foggy on these vessels but I don't remember seeing a swift boat there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: