SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fahrenheit 911 trailer: psychotic

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Fahrenheit 911 trailer: psychotic Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

I have just heard the trailer to the "film" Fahrenheit 911.

As a physician, I can quite honestly say this trailer was deranged, and presented views in manner and substance that were clearly paranoid, bordering on psychotic, in mien.

This film illustrates the increasing derangement of the Left, now bordering on open and clear-cut mental illness.
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So everyone that is not conservative is crazy? That sounds like a rational, well thought out argument.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:
So everyone that is not conservative is crazy? That sounds like a rational, well thought out argument.

Sir,

Both liberal and conservative views can be presented in a sane manner, and in a crazy manner. This film chose the latter. It's quite deranged.

Far left views are often deranged even when presented lucidly; i.e., it doesn't matter how well one says that it was not worth 700 American lives to save hundreds of thousands of innocent Arabs, men, women and children from a murderous fascist like Saddam - or that all U.S. servicemen and women were war criminals in Vietnam.

Best,

FDL

Last edited by fortdixlover on Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
kyleparr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post once without insulting the individual to whom you are responding?
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:
Can you post once without insulting the individual to whom you are responding?

Sir,

If you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen.

And, you need to learn some basic rules of debate. You debate like a high schooler.

Let me explain some basic errors in your style:

To have interpreted what I wrote about Fahrenheit 911 to mean that anyone not conservative is crazy is akin to:

Taking Things to Their Illogical Conclusion
Example: If you let your barber cut your hair, the next thing you know he'll be lopping off your limbs!

and a nearly

Total Logical Disconnect
Example: I enjoy pasta because my house is made of bricks.

Learn some nuance, for God sakes.

Best,

FDL
Jim
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised by your views on the trailer. I saw it, and while its obviously an anti-Bush piece I don't see anything in it that smacks of paranoia: ("A personality disorder characterised by the avoidance of accepting deserved blame and an unwarranted view of others as malevolent. The latter is expressed as suspiciousness, hypersensitivity, and mistrust") Many people view the Iraq war as a mistake, made for political reasons, making suspicions of motives warranted.

Nor is there any evidence of psychotic behavior: "The narrowest definition of psychotic is restricted to delusions or prominent hallucinations, with the hallucinations occurring in the absence of insight into their pathological nature. A slightly less restrictive definition would also include prominent hallucinations that the individual realizes are hallucinatory experiences. Broader still is a definition that also includes other positive symptoms of Schizophrenia (i.e., disorganized speech, grossly disorganized or catatonic behavior)

I normally would not resort to calling up definitions, but since you said you were a doctor, it seems that you would know exactly what these words meant.

The two definitions come from Dictionary.com and health-dictionary.com. I didn't see any evidence of avoidance of undeserved blame nor of hallucinations. In each case, actual film or video footage was used.

I don't like Moore at all, the liberal equivalent of an Ann Coulter, someone who is a complete idealogue...but criticisms of him by a doctor implying mental illness seem unfair, and unwarranted by the definitions of the two diseases you mention.
Jeremy Eaton
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="fortdixlover"]
kyleparr wrote:

Quote:
[quote="fortdixlover"]
Sir,

Both liberal and conservative views can be presented in a sane manner, and in a crazy manner. This film chose the latter. It's quite deranged.

Far left views are often deranged even when presented lucidly; i.e., it doesn't matter how well one says that it was not worth 700 American lives to save hundreds of thousands of innocent Arabs, men, women and children from a murderous fascist like Saddam -
or that all U.S. servicemen and women were war criminals in Vietnam.

Best,

FDL

"All"? Who here has said that?!

Further the debate, attack the film on what it says, rather than making some lame ad-hock attacks, or cutting and pasting dictionary terms. Personally, I picture Fort sitting at his computer in his underwear, with a piece of cheese on his head, typing: "can be presented in a sane manner, and in a crazy manner"

Yeah? Ok ... And? What do you mean by that?

Funny, how MOST of the world seems crazy to you then...
I would say this more accurately reflects the international opinion. I've seen documentaries in Canada, (5th Estate TV show, I believe it's online for those who can use google), Australia... sorry no link, each verifying the information that is presented in this trailer. All presented in a sane manner.
Isn't that crazy?
Imagine, it's like some sort of crazy virus that affects other countries!
In the UK it's called good journalism.
See if you can explain WHY it's deranged (the Moore trailer). Everything stated in there is the truth. Don't believe it? Take Moore to court and see if you don't lose.
Only 700 dead?
Nice attempt at trying to spin it. Ask the parents of the dead if they feel okay with your numbers.
700 dead, others injured-psychologically damaged PTS, Gulf War Syndrome, innocent Iraqi civilians dead, and all still counting...
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Eaton wrote:
"All"? Who here has said that?! Further the debate, attack the film on what it says, rather than making some lame ad-hock attacks, or cutting and pasting dictionary terms. Personally, I picture Fort sitting at his computer in his underwear, with a piece of cheese on his head, typing: "can be presented in a sane manner, and in a crazy manner"

Yeah? Ok ... And? What do you mean by that?

Funny, how MOST of the world seems crazy to you then...
I would say this more accurately reflects the international opinion. I've seen documentaries in Canada, (5th Estate TV show, I believe it's online for those who can use google), Australia... sorry no link, each verifying the information that is presented in this trailer. All presented in a sane manner.
Isn't that crazy?
Imagine, it's like some sort of crazy virus that affects other countries!
In the UK it's called good journalism.
See if you can explain WHY it's deranged (the Moore trailer). Everything stated in there is the truth. Don't believe it? Take Moore to court and see if you don't lose.
Only 700 dead?
Nice attempt at trying to spin it. Ask the parents of the dead if they feel okay with your numbers.
700 dead, others injured-psychologically damaged PTS, Gulf War Syndrome, innocent Iraqi civilians dead, and all still counting...

Sir,

Reread your message above and ask yourself if it is of a tone written by a calm, serious, pensive individual or one who's likely to be a bit unhinged themselves.

You also obviously have no pity on millions of dead Iraqi Arabs, including children. Arabs are not worth ~700 American lives, and saying they are is just "spin"?

That's a disappointing view, and quite selfish and racist, to say the least.

FDL
Jeremy Eaton
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="fortdixlover"]
Jeremy Eaton wrote:

Sir,

Reread your message above and ask yourself if it is of a tone written by a calm, serious, pensive individual or one who's likely to be a bit unhinged themselves.

You also obviously have no pity on millions of dead Iraqi Arabs, including children. Arabs are not worth ~700 American lives, and saying they are is just "spin"?

That's a disappointing view, and quite selfish and racist, to say the least.

FDL

My good Sir,
Very sorry if my tone was inappropriate. I think you may have misunderstood me, I meant nothing racist by my statement, as I am 1/2 black and white, have three adopted children, 1 asian, and 1 Spanish. But lets focus this debate to further deepen and enrich the discussion:

Is there any single fact that is mentioned in the trailer that you find incorrect?

Please try to be specific. Let's focus on understanding and not attacking each other's honorable character.
Best wishes chap!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: