SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your New Ad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harley90
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Your New Ad Reply with quote

I wanted you to know that I think your new ad against Kerry will be his defeat!!

You are right, it is a disservice for what he said about the vets that put their lives on the line. He is a traitor, and everyone should read the transcript of his testimony to the Senate, believe me, it will open your eyes.

The link is http://www.c-span.org/vote2004/jkerrytestimony.asp

Thank you for putting the truth out there.
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Harley and thanks for the link to Kerry's testimony.
TheOtherSide
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say I have to disagree with you, Harley. I don't think any one anti-candidate ad can be the defeat of said candidate. That's like saying that Farenheit 9/11 was the end of president Bush, when it was obviously not so. They're just there to provoke interest in the topic, and generate debate, not force defeat on one person.

-Venus' Advocate
ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people are starting to see the truth and over time they are learning it is the truth, my only feeling is somehow SBVT need to deter the opinion that it is proBush. Medias falt for that really Evil or Very Mad

Service Animals for Invisible Disabilities
loosecannon
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One ad won't do it, but an accumulation of honest men refusing to be shut up will. The world (at least the states) must wise up to this opportunistic betrayer of his own men.
You know what Kerry's god is, He wants to at the very least get UN approval to our military actions, and I didn't spend more than 25 yrs fighting for the UN, I fought for the USA. And I fought every year of that service.
I will not stand by while this man, not fit to have worn a uniform, this man who filmed his exploits for future use, (Has anyone of you done that?) this man who helped turn our countrymen against us while he was turning them against the war, while that worm attempts to sit in the White House we can not rest. Commit your time, commit your money. Do what must be done to prevent this catastrophy.
TheOtherSide
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Removed by Moderator: This site isn't about George Bush, it's for discussing Kerry's worthiness as President. Please keep on that topic.]

-Venus' Advocate
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOtherSide,

SBVT is nonpartisan. As a group we don't have an axe to grind on any one issue so such a statement would be unwise and take us off mission.

You need to understand something: To us honor, integrity, and loyalty supercede any mere disagreement on policy.

That is why none of us can stand the thought of Kerry ever becoming the commander-in-chief. Without character, all policy statements become worthless because we can not trust your word.

Truth is Beauty
CERDIP
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Related Cartoon here.
(please excuse the French Smile It's meant to be ironic)
Harley90
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Kerry Reply with quote

First he comes home from Nam and slams his fellow vets, then he is co-founder of the VVA (Viet Nam Veterans of America). What was up with that? Was he trying to redeem himself, somewhat?
TheOtherSide
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris, I must disagree. Though I understand your wishes to remain non-partisan, and do applaud them, you do seem to have an opinion one issue. An issue that, while maintaining your neutrality, may have a very large impact on the presidential race. And though you say you do not have an axe to grind, the tens of thousands of messages posted on this forum indicate serious grinding. And while I agree that honor, integrety and loyalty are all traits which a president MUST HAVE, no question about it, you also have to look at their view on policy. A man can be honorable but still be inflammatory to you. For example, Rush Limbaugh admitted his addiction to painkillers, but some liberals find his theorys outrageos. And while this is so, many applaud him on his efforts to better himself, using him as a prime example of celebrity awareness.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Venus' Advocate
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please keep the topic where it belongs, John Kerry. SBVT do not endorse either candidate and would be exposing Kerry even if he were a Republican. Many Swift vets are indeed Democrats as well as many of their supporters.

The sole purpose of this forum is discussing John Kerry's worthiness, or lack thereof, to serve as President of the United States. If you wish to discuss Bush, Limbaugh or anyone else, I suggest you find a forum set up for that purpose.

Thank You.

Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOtherside,

Do not misquote me. I have a short way with those that slant my words and try to put them in my mouth.

I will be clear: We DO have an axe to grind. A great big one. If you have looked at the ads you will understand that. The man has no honor and demeaned his fellow sailors, soldiers, marines, and airmen all for political gain. He even sold out his country for the same (see the meetings in Paris).

So, yes, we have an Axe to grind. A very well justified axe. However, it has nothing to do with individual political issues. It has to do with honor without which no individual poltical issue matters.

You either understand that or you do not. If you do not, I can only pity you.

Truth is Beauty
TheOtherSide
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
SBVT is nonpartisan. As a group we don't have an axe to grind on any one issue so such a statement would be unwise and take us off mission.

Quote:
I will be clear: We DO have an axe to grind.

I apologise if I was off topic. But read the quotes.

-Venus' Advocate
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otherside,

You are misquoting me (by quoting me out of context). You ought to be ashamed of yourself. We don't have an axe to grind on any one political issue. That was in direct response to your "suggestion" that we distinquish ourselves with specific issues where we might disagree with the president.

Here is a clue: That's not what we are about. Period. End of story.

However we DO have one axe to grind and it is a big one: Kerry lacks character, honor, and truthfulness. Without these attributes, no political issues matters.

Either you understand it or you do not. Which is it?

Truth is Beauty
Belisaurius
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you both said.

I am a Republican and G.W. Bush supporter. I'm not here because of that. There are other places on the web where I can be partisan with all my partisan friends.

I am here because I support a group of men who fight to reclaim their good name from a cad who libeled them to pursue his own glory.

I am here because, as an active duty Navy man myself, I do not wish to see my generation of servicemembers discredited and then exploited by this generation's John Kerry-wannabees.

If my party nominated someone like John Kerry, I would fight against that nominee tooth-and-nail, just as some of the honorable, America-loving Democrats here are doing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: