SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A plan to deal with the trolls.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: A plan to deal with the trolls. Reply with quote

Lately, we've been inundated with trolls. I propose the following action for your consideration:

Ignore them all.

We know who the Kerry-bots are. They are the same people who voted for Clinton, and now, hypocritically use Kerry's time in Vietnam as a campaign prop.

They don't and never have given a damn about vets. They don't care what any of us have to say... their entire purpose is to come here and disrupt the board.

I say: don't respond. No matter what... don't rise to the bait.

Additionally, I propose that one of the regular posting, Veteran, Bush supporters be empowered as a moderator.

The idea is not to stifle dissent, but to insure that this board does not become MoveOn.org II. (And no, I'm not nominating me. But NNN, or Greenhat or someone of that stature would be fine by me.)
h3digital
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: 3ID on the good old DMZ OF THE ROK Reply with quote

Wonder how I knew that, 94' when the N.Korea Emporer died and his crazy son took over, we were on alerts the whole year, but i was stationed at Camp Humphreys in Pyongtak, 2 hrs south of Soul. I can't spell,lol I was in a MI unit. Not declassified yet, so just because I support what's really going on and trying to do something about it, doesn't make me the enemy. Your not mine. Your my brother. We are all brothers and sisters in arms, who have all sacraficed. Remember that. Good Night.
95 bxl
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, I appreciate your stories... but you no more served in the Military Then you can levitate... so take it somewhere else.
Saint
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

95 bxl wrote:
Look, I appreciate your stories... but you no more served in the Military Then you can levitate... so take it somewhere else.

Funny. I was thinking the same of you. Wink
AZ3
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: A plan to deal with the trolls. Reply with quote

95 bxl wrote:

Good plan, and for me that's easy enough. I have this thing I call a "Bozo filter". When I invoke it I find it simple to ignore whatever trolls may say.

Looks like it's gonna get quite a workout.

Anyone want to borrow it, feel free. Wink
Saint
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: A plan to deal with the trolls. Reply with quote

AZ3 wrote:
95 bxl wrote:

Good plan, and for me that's easy enough. I have this thing I call a "Bozo filter". When I invoke it I find it simple to ignore whatever trolls may say.

Looks like it's gonna get quite a workout.

Anyone want to borrow it, feel free. Wink

I call my Bozo Filter "Racist, Biggoted, UnAmerican, White Trash, Dullard Filter."

And then I continue to post away! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
AZ3
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Bozo filter on*
Saint
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Best response to this troll is to keep posting. Try it for a couple of days and I think he will bust a vain. Just an opinion!

Regards.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: A plan to deal with the trolls. Reply with quote

Saint wrote:
I call my Bozo Filter "Racist, Biggoted, UnAmerican, White Trash, Dullard Filter."

Well good - with those filtering parameters, you're not having to wade through the dreck dropped by all the Kerry KookAde Drinkers.

Keep that filter going - let me tell you, without that going for you, you'd be absolutely inudated with all their bullschit.
stop kerry
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: The trolls are here= Kerry is afraid of this Swifvets site!! Reply with quote

The trolls here are paid by someone Kerry move-on.org etc.to disrupt even in the Vets Allowed Only group because they know you have the Direct knowledge from Nam to debunk the myth he spins about his so called 'Band of Brothers'!!! Keep up your site and if the Administrator wants to ban anyone who is disruptive and obviously lying about their military background--Do it. Start with Saint-he's obvious he continuously attacks Bush and tries to tie everyone here to Bush ( 50 +posts a day-He should get a life or another Kerry troll job say on Ted Sampley's site) Twisted Evil
ASPB tried to reason and stated there is no approval of Bush by the swiftvets here but h3digital just sprewed his hate for Bush and insulted ASPB and others-typical BS from Kerry supporters. Another way to block the trolls might be more info to the Administrator at the 'beginning' such as a MOS, branch of Service where served when and 'service number'-mine starts RA--. I have my DD214 but many may not want to send it since it has privacy data obviously. Hey it sounds like one of the Gereral orders I was made to memorize-- when captured -only give:Name, Rank and Serial number Smile Smile Smile Keep the trolls out of here because the Swiftvets are real brown water sailors who fought for a lot more than 4 months each, never betrayed their country like Kerry did and didn't come home to brag and write a book full of lies about how he( Kerry) single handedly won the war. You don't deserve the ignorant venom from the Kerry supporters like h3digital who was 'born' after the Vietnam war and cannot even fathom the way it was during the Vietnam War except what he reads or is told. All Vietnam veterans were betrayed by the media and the US Congress and were aided and abbeted by Kerry, Hanoi Jane and a lot of Communists. Kerry the media and the DNC are trying to repeat history again to help defeat us on the war in Iraq. Kerry is unfit to be Commander In Chief.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: The trolls are here= Kerry is afraid of this Swifvets si Reply with quote

stop kerry wrote:
All Vietnam veterans were betrayed by the media and the US Congress and were aided and abbeted by Kerry, Hanoi Jane and a lot of Communists. Kerry the media and the DNC are trying to repeat history again to help defeat us on the war in Iraq. Kerry is unfit to be Commander In Chief.

The Kerry Kamp certainly has much to fear from the Swifts. This group has put a hurtin' on Kerry's support among veterans.

Many young veterans and military people don't understand what all the fuss is about, but all they have to do is watch the Swifts' press conference on c-span and they're clued in.

Pain of betrayal by a brother in arms. This is 30+ years of betrayal bubbling up. Any Vietnam Vet knows this. Anyone who's ever loved a Vietnam Vet knows this.

Kerry literally has hell to pay. Up to two and a half million private hells, and some of them going public now.
Airedale
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy LOL Smile
Hard audience to please huh ?

95 bxl wrote:
Look, I appreciate your stories... but you no more served in the Military Then you can levitate...
so take it somewhere else.

Flying?

Nobody said anything about flying !

ba-boom

Yep,
Its a tough crowd tonight.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: A plan to deal with the trolls. Reply with quote

95 bxl wrote:
Lately, we've been inundated with trolls. I propose the following action for your consideration:

Ignore them all.

We know who the Kerry-bots are. They are the same people who voted for Clinton, and now, hypocritically use Kerry's time in Vietnam as a campaign prop.

They don't and never have given a damn about vets. They don't care what any of us have to say... their entire purpose is to come here and disrupt the board.

Additionally, I propose that one of the regular posting, Veteran, Bush supporters be empowered as a moderator.

The idea is not to stifle dissent, but to insure that this board does not become MoveOn.org II. (And no, I'm not nominating me. But NNN, or Greenhat or someone of that stature would be fine by me.)

Your points are well made! To troll is to fish. So to turn a phase, they're just looking for fish. Now! If we're thinking human beings and not just hungry fish we won't take the bait or lure. We'll swim up stream and replicate ourselves in sufficient numbers to overpower sharks like Kerry.

Simply, They are trolling bait and lures. Let's be smart fish and ignore the bait. They are baiting us. Let's not them become master-baiters by hooking even one of us! Semper Paratus for trolls should be our motto.
Hell, I'm a squid not a coastie but the motto works.

Patience Will Out!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I've noticed about the latest influx of trolls, especially our "veteran" trolls is that not one has ever asked why other vets aren't supporting Kerry. If it was mentioned, it was in passing.

Instead, we get told we are idiots, morons, right wing wackos, yadda, yadda, yadda. They are obviously not here to ask or find out anything, just further denigrate veterans in their banal effort to support the sleazebag Kerry.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Instead, we get told we are idiots, morons, right wing wackos, yadda, yadda, yadda. They are obviously not here to ask or find out anything, just further denigrate veterans in their banal effort to support the sleazebag Kerry.

The Kerry KookAde Drinkers are following in their candidate's most consistent pattern of behavior, aren't they?

Lie, dodge, waffle, evade.... lather, rinse, repeat.... bleah.... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: