SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time Limit For A 527 Ad ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wind Walker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Time Limit For A 527 Ad ? Reply with quote

I don't recall if I've read it somewhere, or heard it over the media airways, but I think it mentioned something about the time limit for running "ads", and when they must stop.

Is there a rule concerning the "527" groups, that require all ads to be pulled (or not ran anymore) at a certain time. I heard (or read) that 60 days from the election (Would be September 2, 2004), that the "527" groups could not run ads after that date (60 days out).

Is this rule for the "527" groups only (if it's correct), or is the another campaign finance reform rule. that allows other organizations to pick up where the "527" leave.

If this is a "rule", then everyone with a web site, should pick up the slack (if possible) for the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth. I'm not up to date on particular rules & regulations throughout an election campaign, but I do believe it's still legal to post your own thoughts on your web site.

"My Thoughts On Politics"
"America & The Political Direction"
"My Thoughts On Media Bias Within Politics"
"I'm A Proud American & Here's Why"

Just any place to post your feelings about this Country, and the way it has affected you & your family. The things that concern you most, and things you feel that are needed to improve our overall status.

Anything you can think of to help the cause, for keeping America great. Include as many links to other sites as possible, that share our concerns. Anything we as a people can do to spread the message, can ONLY HELP!

I personally don't have a "web site" at this time (I'm a complete computer idiot), but I am going to learn how to build one now, and do all I can to help.

I didn't mean to tie up this site with my own spouting, but I really do feel that we can keep this message "zinging", even if the rules do require for all "527" to stop on September 2, 2004.

Have a great day everyone, & GOD BLESS YOU ALL for your continuing effort to bring out the TRUTH!

Wind Walker Smile
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindWalker,

It is true that 527 organizations are not allowed to run political ads within 60 days of an election (2 Sep this year). However there are two glaring exceptions:

1. If the 527 is a registered PAC, then it is exempt. [This is MoveOn's exemption]

2. If the 527 takes individual contributions only, then it is exempt. That's US folks.

Truth is Beauty
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2. If the 527 takes individual contributions only, then it is exempt. That's US folks.

= Nail in the Koffin in the Kerry Kamp. See ya, Senator!

SOTG
Wind Walker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply & information.

Wind Walker Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: