SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTH... Bush asks Swifties to stop ads?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: WTH... Bush asks Swifties to stop ads? Reply with quote

It's breaking on FoxNews.com now... Uh... Now the Kerryites can scream "See! He does have connections to them! He is telling them to stop!"... Rolling Eyes
BC
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea just heard it on my local news here.
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, O'Neill has said they won't stop. That's not the point though... whoever Bush's stragetist is, they need to be fired... Bush and the Swifties aren't connected to begin with, so how could Bush tell them to stop... this is so stupid... Rolling Eyes
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: WTH... Bush asks Swifties to stop ads? Reply with quote

efuseakay wrote:
It's breaking on FoxNews.com now... Uh... Now the Kerryites can scream "See! He does have connections to them! He is telling them to stop!"... Rolling Eyes

He's calling on ALL the 527 ads to end - I don't think he's being specific to the SwiftVets. Also, he was calling for this last week, so it's not really news.

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
efuseakay
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: WTH... Bush asks Swifties to stop ads? Reply with quote

Doc Farmer wrote:
efuseakay wrote:

He's calling on ALL the 527 ads to end - I don't think he's being specific to the SwiftVets. Also, he was calling for this last week, so it's not really news.

Yeah... there was a Whitehouse press conference on the 19th...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/08/20040819-2.html#3

But Fox is being stupid right now... their headline is:

Bush Calls for Stop to Kerry 'Swift Boat' Ads

I emailed Fox, but I doubt it will do anything...

Now, if they were to have the headline:

"Bush Calls for Stop to ALL 527 ADs"

I wouldn't have a problem... Smile
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually this is a good thing. The laws that govern 527 organizations require that a candidate's political organization can have no say-so in any decisions by the 527 org. If Bush asks SBVT to publish an advertisement and SBVT does, then it established the illegal link. Likewise, it Bush ask SBVT to cease and SBVT ignores his request it solidifies the separation and establishes the validity of the 527 org once and for all that SBVT is not part of the Bush campaign and is not controlled by anyone other than themselves.

Last edited by BuffaloJack on Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: WTH... Bush asks Swifties to stop ads? Reply with quote

efuseakay wrote:
Doc Farmer wrote:
efuseakay wrote:

Yeah... there was a Whitehouse press conference on the 19th...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2004/08/20040819-2.html#3

But Fox is being stupid right now... their headline is:

Bush Calls for Stop to Kerry 'Swift Boat' Ads

I emailed Fox, but I doubt it will do anything...

Now, if they were to have the headline:

"Bush Calls for Stop to ALL 527 ADs"

I wouldn't have a problem... Smile

Yeah, I noticed that too - normally they don't screw up like that.

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
arjr111
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humor by Scott Ott

Quote:
Bush Condemns Swift Boat Ad as Anti-Anti-American
(2004-08-23) -- President George Bush today finally bowed to pressure from Sen. John McCain, R-AZ, and condemned a TV ad by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth which attacks John Forbes Kerry for his 1971 "atrocities" testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

"These ads are anti-anti-American," said Mr. Bush during a campaign stop. "They demonstrate intolerance toward Mr. Kerry, who had every right to speak out against American atrocities in Vietnam, even if he had no evidence to back his claims. He's still free to speak his mind, whether or not there's anything in it."

Mr. Bush said one of the great things about being an American citizen is "the right to speak out against America, her government and her military."

The president even offered his Democrat challenger some campaign strategy advice.

"Frankly, I don't understand why my opponent doesn't use his 1971 testimony in his own ads," said Mr. Bush. "The anti-military, anti-war position would connect better with the Democrat base. If I were him I'd start every campaign rally playing Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant, and hand out tie-dye t-shirts that say: 'All We Are Saying, is Give Kerry a Chance'. Sen. Kerry, don't be afraid to be who you are. Embrace your heritage."

by Scott Ott

http://www.scrappleface.com/
taz
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dems are saying "not good enough" because he did not name the ad, just call it "that ad" and condemned all 527's
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the spin being put on the story. What the President did was call for a stop to ALL ads by 527 groups those that are attacking him and Kerry. Edwards and other dems are already complaining that the President has not gone far enough, they want him to specifically denounce SBVT. I doubt that will happen, as Bush has nothing to gain by doing anything for Kerry. SBVT will not stop but the dems want a specific condemnation so they can move past this story by saying Bush condemns the ads much as they invoke the name of John McCain in denouncing SBVT.Using McCain's name isn't given them much traction particularly now that Bob Dole has weighted in.

Last edited by Lily on Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you guys worried about? You don't think for one minute that Bush's statement will alter the strategy of Swiftvets, do you?

Wake up ! This is about honor, not politics!

Stay the course. Swiftvets will.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

efuseakay wrote:
Well, O'Neill has said they won't stop. That's not the point though... whoever Bush's stragetist is, they need to be fired... Bush and the Swifties aren't connected to begin with, so how could Bush tell them to stop... this is so stupid... Rolling Eyes

Please reassure me that the attitude of the Swiftvets is something like; "Three Purple Hearts and no Blood Kerry is up against hundreds of combat trained military people who have accepted the mission to bring him down. Nothing as puny a politics is going to stop them. We are not subject to the orders of the Commander and Chief on this mission and we will proceed without pausing."

Sam
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Truth is Truth Reply with quote

Kerry says no, Bush says no, o'real/ly starts poll to "tell him what to do"
McCain, says no, ect. the commuist party U SA says no,
the President of France says ooooo no not that,
The e-mom's of Iquak say, no more bush.

THE TRUTH KNOWS IT'S OWN WAY THANKS
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the time for a nice, polite press release in the form of a letter to President Bush. It should state while the SBVT respect him as Commander in Chief, this is an issue between this group and John Kerry and will continue to be one. Also highlight an understanding that Kerry and his supporters have attacked Bush relentlessly with 527s, but this is about truth and not about politics. Then mass email and fax it to Drudge, the MSM, and all the blogs.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some years ago this woman was trying to horse a container up onto
the dock at work and asked me for a hand. So I gave it a heave with
her and I'll be damn if she didn't file a grievance on me for doing Union
work.

Bush better watch what he's doing and not get sucked into this dog
fight. He'd be much better off concentrating on Kerry's Senate
performance...or nonperformance.

I swear that Kerry hasn't done a productive days work in his life. That's
actual work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: