SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry registered for the Naval Reserves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Septer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Kerry registered for the Naval Reserves Reply with quote

Here is a cut and paste from a reply on a previous topic. I was unable to make a new topic earlier (server overload Razz )[/i]

I just listened to Larry Elder (on my XM Radio - ch. 124) and he stated that in Chaper 2 in 'Unfit For Command' that Kerry had enlisted in the Naval Reserves to avoid going to war.
Also stated was that Kerry knew upon graduating that he more than likely was going to be drafted so figured it better to sign up in the Navy or Coast Guard because they were unlikely to see much action back in 1966.

Is this true?!?!
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're stretching here. So what if it is true? Nobody wanted to go to Viet Nam, except professional soldiers. Nobody wanted to be drafted. There were not long lines around the corner at the Recruiter's offices. If you could go to college and get a deferment, great. If you were drafted, you went and did your duty. If your duty was to be a cook in New Jersey, fine. Thanks for your service. If you had to go to Viet Nam, so be it...Sorry, you'll either be killed or maimed or suffer cancer from defoliants and branded a baby killing misfit for the rest of your life because of people like John Fonda Kerry...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: