SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has anyone heard the crew say they will testify to this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Has anyone heard the crew say they will testify to this? Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,129590,00.html

WALLACE: OK.

Let's switch to you, Mr. Hurley. Senator Kerry has repeatedly said that he was sitting on a gun boat five miles inside Cambodia on Christmas Eve 1968, being shot at, while the president denied that there were any U.S. troops there.

In a 1986 Senate speech, Kerry had this to say: "I have that memory, which is seared, seared in me."

Simple question: What proof do you have that John Kerry was in Cambodia on Christmas Eve 1968?

JOHN HURLEY, NATIONAL DIRECTOR, VETERANS FOR KERRY: I think, Chris, that what is seen in John Kerry's mind is that he was under fire in Cambodia. On Christmas Eve 1968, John Kerry, PCF 44, his first command over there, was on patrol up near the Cambodian border. They did come under fire that night. An old man was killed that night. They came under fire three times that night.

It's a watery area. There's no sign that says, "Welcome to Cambodia." They were in that vicinity. I don't think anyone knows for sure whether or not they were in Cambodia that night, but they were near Cambodia on Christmas Eve.

WALLACE: But he doesn't say "near Cambodia" or "a watery area." He says, "It was seared in my memory that we were in Cambodia" -- five miles inside Cambodia -- on a specific night.

HURLEY: Right. He was five miles in Cambodia. What's been confused -- but not that night. He was five miles into Cambodia on a different occasion. What's been confused here is the night.

He was near Cambodia on Christmas Eve. That's well-documented. They come under fire three separate times that night. And it's the being under fire, I think, that is what is seared in his mind.

WALLACE: Well, let me pursue that. What proof do you have that Kerry was ever five miles inside Cambodia?

HURLEY: John Kerry's word.

WALLACE: Do you have a single record?

HURLEY: No, I do not. John Kerry was in Cambodia. They were requested to drop off various operations group and deliver various supplies. They were in there. His crew will say the same thing.

WALLACE: Well, you say the crew. He has had crew members who have stood up and defended him on almost everything else. Do you have a single crew member who's come forward to say he was five miles inside Cambodia?

HURLEY: This hasn't been an issue until really recently. And why we're going back now and revisiting where John Kerry was on a single night in 1968 is beyond me.

I mean, the same questions can be asked of President Bush. Where was he when he was supposed to be reporting for duty in Alabama? Those questions need to be raised and asked, as well.

John Kerry acknowledges he was in Cambodia. Where he was on any given night is not part of this discussion, or should not be part of this discussion.

WALLACE: I take it then the answer is no, you don't have a single crew member who will say he was in Cambodia, five miles inside Cambodia, on Christmas Eve 1968 or any other night.

HURLEY: On other nights, yes, they will say that. On December 24th, they will not say that.

WALLACE: Who's going to say that? Because I haven't heard a crew member who's...

HURLEY: It was the 94 boat.

This issue hasn't come up. And it's the reason why it hasn't been addressed.

But on Christmas Eve, he was on the 44 boat. They were near the Cambodian border. They may or may not have crossed over.

On a different occasion, on the 94 boat, they were five miles deep into Cambodia. It was a month later, a month and a half later. The crew will testify to that.
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurley also said that Kerry's 94 Boat was inoperable during the Rassman incident, but was able to tow the 3 boat to port. Hurley is a VVAW hack that is a Kerry adviser. He knows NOTHING of which he speaks from personal knowledge, only what he's been spoon fed by Kerry. He lacks credibility, but because there are so many Swiftees going out to talk, and NO "Band of Brothers" from the Kerry campaign, hacks like Hurley have to go out and spew the Kerry talking points.

By the way, why don't we see the Band of Brothers out on the talk show circuit? Hmmmmm?
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, while we're talking about Hurley, has anybody besides me gone back lately and watched the tape of the tearful Iowa reunion between Rassmann and Kerry? Hurley's in there kneeling down and smiling at them as if he's coaching. You'd think another Vietnam Vet would be moved to tears and instead he's got this Cheshire Cat grin like he's watching his choreography performed on opening night.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that reunion was all scripted .I didn't go back and see it but I know they script everything. All of Kerry's mouth pieces are liars.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Anyone heard the crew Reply with quote

I thought I heard two of his crew say they were not in Cambodia at any time. Chrismas Eve or after. I thought one of the crew members was someone named Mederios. Was there a Mederios on eather the 44 or 94 boats. I know Steve Gardner said they were never in Cambodia and that was when Kerry was on PCF 44. Kerry was on the 44 boat from 1 December 1968 until he took command of the 94 boat. He did not take command of the 94 boat until late January 69 after the Commander of the 94 boat (LT Peck Or Pike?) was wounded. Eather 28 or 29 January 1969. So when was he there? Kerry should remember since it is "seared seared in me". We know it was not 24 December 68 since Gardner was with him on the 44 boat at that time and he says they were not there.

RHV
TripleDipper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Has anyone heard the crew say they will testify to this? Reply with quote

rhv5862

Kerry is keeping his band of brothers on a short leash. Hell Kerry refused to taken with reporters on this issue. He knows better than to have his band of brother debate the SBVTs - O'Neill and company would clear their clock! These guys have told far too many stories to be creditable. Mederios was on PCF 94. Since Kerry didn't take command of PCF 94 until after the action on 29 January that injured Peck and Alston, without realizing it Hurley has narrowed the window for the Cambodia trips to February and early March( I read somewhere that there were only four missions in March for PCF 94 - if that is correct than we are only looking at February.) Of course the Silver Star incident was on 28 February and the Bronze Star was on 13 March (which was the last action for Kerry.) Hurley doesn't have a clue and is just p***ing in the wind.

LP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: