SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dole Defends Swiftees in Call From Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Dole Defends Swiftees in Call From Kerry Reply with quote

Dole Defends Swiftees in Call From Kerry

Presidential candidate John Kerry telephoned former Sen. Bob Dole this morning to complain about Dole's demand a day earlier that he apologize to Vietnam veterans for protesting the war, the one-time Republican presidential candidate revealed Monday afternoon.

"John Kerry called me this morning, which surprised me," Dole told radio host Sean Hannity.

"He said he was very disappointed, we'd been friends. I said John, we're still friends, but [the Swiftvets] have First Amendment rights, just as your people have First Amendment rights.

Dole told Kerry, "I'm not trying to stir anything up, but I don't believe every one of these people who have talked about what happened are Republican liars.

"And very frankly, Bush is my guy, and I'm tired of people on your side calling him everything from a coward to a traitor to everything - a deserter."

Dole said he urged Kerry, "Why don't you call George Bush today and say, 'Mr. President, let's stop all this stuff about the National Guard and Vietnam - and let's talk about the issues."

Dole said Kerry responded, "I haven't spent one dime attacking President Bush."

But the Republican war hero shot back, "You don't have to. You've got all the so-called mainstream media, plus you've got MoveOn.org and all these other groups that have spent millions and millions of dollars trying to tarnish Bush's image."

"Don't tell me you don't know what some of these people are doing," he told Kerry.

"Everybody likes quiet heroes," Dole added, saying he told Kerry, "John, everybody knows you were in Vietnam and the less you say about it, the better."

Dole said he tried to end the tense conversation cordially by telling Kerry, "I wish you good luck, up to a point."

Source

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
Ogre
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding! That's a good man to have on the team.
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, Dole would have been President, and a damn good one, if only the American people would elect someone on their merits, abilities and ideas instead of how old they are, how pretty they are, how much money they promise to give out, etc.
Redview
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least someone got it through to him.

I pretty much assumed his staff are to afraid to say it.

He has heard it, and much like an alcoholic he will either

dismiss it, or not. He knows full well Dole is speaking the

truth. God bless Dole.

Now we have to wait and see.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Dole Defends Swiftees in Call From Kerry Reply with quote

Doc Farmer wrote:

"John Kerry called me this morning, which surprised me," Dole told radio host Sean Hannity.

"He said he was very disappointed, we'd been friends. I said John, we're still friends, but [the Swiftvets] have First Amendment rights, just as your people have First Amendment rights.

It's absolutely STUNNING that Kerry had to be reminded of this!

FDL
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Dole Defends Swiftees in Call From Kerry Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Doc Farmer wrote:

It's absolutely, absolutely amazing that Kerry had to be reminded of this!

FDL

It is mermely one more brick in the pile for "Kerry cannot be President".

He is clueless about basic civil liberties.

He seems unaware that, like baseball, when you throw it hard in politics, it comes back harder.

MoveOn and other like minded citizen groups have been absolutely excercising their 1st Amendment rights in supporting John Kerry. Now some people have gotten together and are using THEIR much earned rights to oppose John Kerry. Its sauce for the goose as he gets the treatment. He cant handle THAT? Then, he isn't fit enough to handle the incredibly more stressful and emotionally demanding job of POTUS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: